Maybelline pure Mineral healthy powder foundation

3.7

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I found this dirt cheap at a close out store and decided to try my first mineral makeup because it's a discontinued color. I really love this! Yeah it's kind of messy but I can't think of any non-messy way to apply MM? I just keep this upside down and unscrew it and use the lid to get powder into the brush and then I whirl the brush into the pot sifter top thingy(HA!) to evenly distribute the powder before I put it on my face. I was astounded that this powder would actually cover great! I'm a long time cream/compact foundation user and this has been a wonderful discovery! Now I will have to figure out what color I need in the new packaging as the color a bought in a closeout store is no longer an active color. I assume it will be a really long time before I need more though. This should last me ages!

(A head's up: I'm using the Japanese version of the product (which has a slightly different name as well), so it may be different from other country's)

I really love this product. I struggle with finding something that 1) is light enough to match my super pale skin while offering buildable coverage, and 2) doesn't disturb my super acne-prone skin. This foundation solved both problems for me.

The attached brush ended up working the best for me. What I love best is how lightly it goes on if you want it to. I can get super light coverage for day to day, but turn it up when I'm going on stage. It doesn't last all day for me, but it DOES perform well under pressure (like physical exertion and moisture). I usually end up wearing it light at work all day, then applying more later if I'm going out at night.

The BIG thing I hate, though, is the design of the pot. It's just terrible! I thought it was a nice idea at first, but as I got further into the pot, it got harder and harder to work it. It seemed like the powder was getting stuck in places. Sometimes it would come out with difficulty, other times it would poor out! It felt like I may as well be dipping the brush into the pot without the filter anyway. Lots of messes all over my bathroom because of the thing.

Still, I'm so thankful to find a foundation that works with my skin that I'll keep fighting with it. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was a disaster!
Broke out my daughter and I in horrible little itchy bumps all over our faces.
Took almost 2 weeks to go away. Her skin started hurting within an hour of application, and she washed it off soon after.
The finish of the product looked nice and application was easy, colour choices good, but we threw it in the rubbish bin after the hassles it caused us.
I wouldn't want this junk anywhere near my skin again!
Has something in it that I react to.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am kind of on the fence with this product--on one hand, the technical aspects are great, but on the other hand--the packaging is really inconvenient.

The instructions say to flip the pot upside down and back, unscrew the lid, and use what remains on the inside of the lid for application. Super inconvenient! Not much product sticks to the lid, so if you're planning on following the rules, you'll be doing a lot of screwing/unscrewing and flipping and shaking. The problem with just dipping your brush into the reservoir is that even with a careful hand, you tend to pick up way too much powder and waste it.

The technical aspects--the coverage, the color, the quality--all great. I use the translucent (I'm very fair skinned) and despite the name, it does give me some coverage and helps keep my concealer from creasing. It's also very light on and gives my skin a very smooth to the touch feeling, and doesn't come off on your hands should you touch your face.

Price isn't an issue--$8 or so and it will last a year plus.

The only reason I said I would buy this again, though, is I haven't found another powder this light with the same color quality against my skin. Hopefully they do something about the packaging :\

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i did not like this product at all! first of all, it looks orange for a long time, and i have combination oily and dry skin and it made my skin look even drier! also, i have some acne on my forehead and instead of covering it it drew attention to it! i used it once then threw it away and i do not recommend it to anyone

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

My friend and I fell in love with this over the summer. It doesn't have the best coverage and as long as you have a tan it looks great and feels like you aren't wearing anything.

I have the pressed powder version in the lightest color. I do not use the brush, but instead apply with a wedge sponge. I like the coverage and overall dewy look that I get. Granted this dewy look can turn into just oily fairly soon, however I think this is more me than the product and supplement with blotting papers. It doesn't break me out, it is cheap and easy to find, of course since the mineral makeup thing isn't nearly as popular I can see it going away, where I will be forced to find something else, but I like it.

I'm talking about the pressed mineral powder- so cute! It's compact, the packaging's amazing, the sponge is good quality and the mirror is a good size. The powder is soft and doesn't look powdery, and sets make up really well. It's also a great touch up throughout the day, no breakouts included. Better than all the Lancome, Mac, Este Lauder, and all other powders I've tried. I also wear it alone, my face always feels nice and when I take it off my skin is better than when I put it on. It's HG status, mostdef.

I have used this ever since it first came out. I had a free makeover at a store, and they used it - I fell in love and haven't looked back.

It can go cakey if you don't prep your skin first - you need to use a moisturiser, and let it sink in for 2-10 mins. Less or more will affect the finish. You will find the best time for your skin.

Although the brush is scratchy, it is the best brush for applying this foundation - it definitely gives the best finish.

I can get a flawless, yet natural, looking face with the makeup. I love it. My skin looks so healthy. However, I must say that I do have good skin anyway, and don't need to wear foundation (others may feel the coverage isn't enough).

A great bonus is that it actually appears to be benefical to my skin. If I have a few days without any foundation then I start to get spotty!

I don't think that the tub is quite wide enough, as normal sized kabuki brushes don't tend to fit, which is a shame.

The price is high compared to a lot of liquid foundations, but I am still prepared to pay (espiecally as you get a kabuki brush each time). A pot lasts me around 4 months, of everyday use.

I would definitely reccomend this to people. It also works as a finishing/setting powder over foundation. I used it in this way when I was using a liquid foundation that was too dark for me (I had a tan so this powder was too pale on its own!).

This powder gives a flawless face, lasts for ages, and helps to improve your skin. For under 10, what more could you want?

It would look very natural and light on skin if you choose the right shade. Very great on asian skin tone. What I hate about it is that it looks cakey. So I keep my application very light.