KORRES Natural Products Silicone-Free Face Primer

Filtered by eye Color : Green
KORRES Natural Products Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.4

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine

Cover FX discontinued my favorite face primer and I took a chance with this product. I can't use silicone so already a point in its favor. Smells great but fades quickly, goes on lightly and foundation goes on smoothly. I have combination dry and oily skin and also get weather-related allergies when the Santa Anas arrive twice a year so a primer that can handle all that is great. Will definitely rebuy (as long as it's not discontinued!).

ETA Jan 2016 - This has since been discontinued :( I will be trying the Korres Greek Yoghurt primer when I use up my tube. Still silicone-free and I'll be back to review good or bad.

on 1/21/2014 11:11:00 PM

I really like this primer. Goes on nicely, feels great on my face, and makeup applies nicely after it's on. It also makes my makeup stay in place for long periods at a time. I love that it's silicone free as well.
Awesome.

on 5/25/2013 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This silicon-free primer feels delightful on my sensitive, dry/combination skin. Unfortunately, it doesn't do all the things I expect from a primer--smooth over pores, create an even base for foundation application, and provide longer wear to my foundation. Still, I like it. It makes my foundation go on more easily and evenly, and moisturizes nicely. If you're sensitive to silicon, this might be a nice one to try. Also, it smells great--kind of tangy and citrusy.

I would never buy this at full price, though--I found it online for much less than MSRP.

on 1/28/2013 5:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After finding this on eBay for around $15 dollars (much less than the RRP), I couldn't resist buying, after hearing that this is silicone free and meant to be great for dry skin.

Firstly, I have really dry skin that needs a lot of moisture to make sure my skin doesn't flake throughout the day. The primers I have come across all seem to be oil-controlling, which I don't need in the slightest.

The product is slightly citrus scented, and goes on really smoothly. When I put this on I actually feel like I'm doing something good for my skin instead of slathering it in pore-clogging chemicals.
It works best if you give it 2 - 5 minutes to settle in, and foundation just goes on like a dream over the top of my rough acne-scarred skin.

I can't see very much of an improvement in lasting power, but it's definitely better than if you didn't put the primer on (I set with a setting spray anyhow).

I highly doubt this could work for oily skin, even combo might find it too 'dewy'.

I'm taking points off for the regular retail price, it's a bit much, but I always find it cheaper.
And also for the use by date (which is 6 months apparently), I would only ever use it up entirely in that amount of time if I used it religiously.

But all in all, fantastic product, and finally.something that works well with my insanely dry skin! Would absolutely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've gone through about 80% of a tube of this and I know I won't spend $30 on it again. I love Korres products; their Mango Butter lipsticks are wonderful, and their Wild Rose Moisturizer is my HG. I think this brand is wonderful, but the face primer falls flat.

Pros:

- Never once did this break me out or irritate my rosacea skin
- My makeup looked no worse with this on underneath it
- The scent is lovely
- The ingredients are natural

Cons:

- My makeup looked no better with this on underneath, and furthermore, I feel that it did nothing to make my foundation glide on any easier. I have small pores except for on the sides of my nose, and this did nothing for them either.
- I saw no improvements in my skin after using this primer for over three months. This particular product is supposed to improve your skin's texture and tone, but it did absolutely nothing for me. I believe a product should do what it says it should do, particularly if you're paying a little extra for it.
- Sometimes this made my face feel a tiny bit tight when I put it on. Again, I have dry skin, so I really don't need my face to feel any tighter than it already is!
- For $30, you sure don't get very much.

Overall, Korres is a great line, but this particular primer really isn't on par with many of their other skincare products. For those with dry skin, I highly recommend trying Hourglass's No. 28 Primer Serum. It does exactly what I had hoped the Korres primer would do and then some! It's more expensive, but the results are fantastic, and worth the cost.

on 5/1/2011 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This isn't a bad product. It evens out and preps skin for foundation, making it apply more smoothly and evenly. It makes the foundation last a bit longer than if you had not used a primer at all, but does not make it last all day (at least on me- and I have yet to find a primer that DOES btw). The reason it's not fantastic is.. it does basically exactly what a plain, regular, drugstore moisturizer would do. So... kind of not a great value for the cost.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like to think of this product as more of a light moisturizer than a primer. The scent is delicious. It has mixed reviews, but I quite like this product.

on 3/22/2011 10:56:00 PM

I must say that I've used Korres products before, and it's usually 50/50 on liking them or not. This review is solely based on my experience with their face primer. This primer is water based and silicone free.

The ingredients in this primer are the following:

This primer is formulated without any parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances/dyes, mineral oils, petrochemicals, phthalates, gmos, and as I said before without silicone as well.

It has a pleasant fragrance to it, and to me it smells like lemons. . yum!! It feels great going on, and seems to set quickly. It is white, but does seem to go on clear, and definitely sets clear.

When I used it with a liquid foundation, Korres Ginger and Vitamin foundation, it applied nicely but I'm seemed slightly streaky. I don't know if that is caused by using a liquid foundation of the combination of that particular foundation with that particular primer. When I used the primer under a mineral loose powder foundation, Pink Quartz, it worked wonders! The foundation went on like a dream.

My foundation lasted all day, and after 8 hours I think I looked just fine, lol. I do have red/pink undertones so the coverage I'm able to get with the combination of products is great.

I have to say I really love this primer. I love is enough that I went out to buy a backup . . I don't know why I'm just weird like that. I hope you all get a chance to try this. It's quite wonderful!

I got a sample of this with my 500-point perk from Sephora (came in a Korres sampler with a bunch of other goodies). I don't usually use a primer, but decided to try it just to see if it made a difference. Well, it didn't... except to make me oilier and broken out. My skin is super sensitive to begin with, so I probably shouldn't have messed with it. Silicone free or not, it still upset my skin, so I had to discontinue use.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I went into Sephora one day because I needed more face primer. They were all out of the one I usually use (Laura Mercier Mineral Primer) so the lady there suggested this one. I have been using it for about a month now and it's honestly not that great. I don't hate it but it's not something I'll be re-purchasing. I don't notice a difference in the smoothness in my skin like I do with my regular one. It also says that it makes your foundation last longer, but I don't see it. I would say my foundation only lasted aout 5 hours before having to do a touch up. I guess when companies say that it just means that it last longer when paired with the primer as opposed to wearing foundation alone but that's honestly what it was like when I used it. I also don't like how you have to twist off the lid rather than a pop off one. I do like, however, the smell of the product. It reminds me of a carrot face cream that The Body Shop used to sell which reminds me of my mom. I also like that it's lotion like rather than a gel. The smell and the consistancy of the product are definatley not enough for me to keep buying this.