Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.4

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

on 12/22/2011 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Been using this for months. I can definitely tell the difference when I don't use it. I can see fading on the chin, nose, cheeks and forehead when I don't. The most noticeable place is my chin. Not sure if it helps my oily skin or makes the application smoother. Doesn't seem to be breaking me out either.

This is the first silicone-free primer I've used, and I have to say I love it! It looks and feels more like a moisturizer or lotion than a primer, and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or dirty. It lets my makeup glide on and stay put for the whole day. I like the fact that its packaged in a tube, as it lets you use all of the product and not waste any. I will definitely repurchase.

on 8/7/2010 4:57:00 AM

This did not perform like a primer, more like a half-attempted moisturizer. It is greasy and the worst thing is that it made my pores look huge, and I dont even have large pores. I would definitely not recommend it to those who are inclined to be oily. This did not give me slip or a smoother surface and gave me pimples after a weeks use. Silicone is not a bad thing in primers and this trade off that image but honestly this is useless. It also did not spread smoothly over moisturiser.

How is this lotion a primer? It did nothing to prime my face for my make-up. Another fail added to the list

I got this product as a free sample from a Sephora order. I like the texture and it smells really great! It does an okay job of smoothing out my face and keeps the oil at bay for a little while. I like that it is natural and does not have silicone.

This product was awful! I broke out horribly 2 days after using it.

on 7/3/2009 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Why oh why do I do this? Another example of my buying a ridiculously overpriced tube of white stuff just because I loved the packaging. Seriously. I don't even use primers that much. But one look at that old-school utilitarian tube and typeface, and I just had to have it. My HG primers (again, it's very infrequent...usually in the summer) are PTR Max Mattifying or DHC Velvet Skin coat. Korres is just some sort of scented cream that doesn't do anything it promises: prep, smooth, blur wrinkles, make foundation last or stop shine. Primer FAIL. The one thing Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer proves is that face primers should not be silicone free. Oh well. I guess I can just stare at the tube now and then. It really is kind of cool.

on 6/28/2009 2:49:00 AM

Update 9/12/09: Purchased my own tube and still love this stuff!

I have used this primer for a couple of weeks and I have to say that it works a lot better than Lorac's aquaprime. My skin cannot take silicone like many others so I am happy to see more silicone free primers coming out. I have not yet purchased this product but it is only because my Sephora provided me a generous sample that has lasted me for weeks. After I finish my sample, I will definetly purchase a tube for myself!
The scent is like a light citrius lemon scent, almost like a sorbet. Its tolerable and I dont even notice it after it is applied. The texture is like a light lotion and sinks in quickly. As for its performance as a primer, I am pretty happy with it. It keeps my makeup looking good and matte for the most part. I had forgotten to use this one day and was able to tell the difference. I have not broken out from this product.

on 5/8/2009 11:07:00 PM

i have oily acne prone skin and my foundation never stays so i thought hey lets try this underneath my halo powder or my mac studio foundation and wow did nothing acted same way as a regular cheap moistuirizer , ladies dont waste ur money it is not worht it esp for that price and same with smashbox light i got sample of it with my purchase of korres primer and it also did no magic like ppl claim

This is my first experience w/ a makeup primer, so I don't have much to compare it to. It has a light, citrus scent; comes in a small tube (like toothpaste tube). It has a thin, lotion-like consistency. I would think that *maybe* it is helping my makeup hang around a little longer. It certainly isn't hurting anything; I haven't experienced any breakouts, but again, I only wear this when I'm actually going somewhere and want to look better than normal :). Plus, I like that it doesn't have a bunch of nasty chemicals and such. I'd buy it again and recommend it! Bought it at Sephora and had to ask for it specifically because it's somewhat new and they hadn't put it out on display yet...