Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.1

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

BREAKOUT CITY!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I feel like this would be a very decent primer for someone:
1. With mature or dry skin (seems to double as a moisturizer)
2. Who doesn't wear alot of makeup (the more makeup I put on top of the primer, the more it melts off my face by the end of the day) and
3. Whose skin does not tolerate silicones (silicone free).

Not a repeat buy for me, as I only fit #3.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I did not DISlike this, per se; it is not a bad product by any means. I just did not notice a difference between my skin with this vs. without it; it did not really provide a primed base for foundation. It felt very smooth going on -- it is not sticky, oily or drying, and there is no discernible scent. My foundation blended well over it (it didn't crumble, as some primers tend to do), but it also did not leave the flawless surface that some primers do (perhaps this can be attributed to the lack of silicone). It did not clog my pores or cause breakouts, and I do like that it is silicone-free; however, I would just as soon skip the primer than to add a step that is not noticeable.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I can't believe the reviews are so "meh" on this primer. I absolutely love it! I have tried way too many primers over the years, but this is definitely the best I have ever used. I have sensitive, redness-prone, acne-prone skin that doesn't do well with silicone, so I was ready to give up on ever finding a primer that would work for me. They all felt too heavy (Smashbox), broke me out (MAC Prep & Prime) or just did nothing to help my makeup stay on. I got a sample of the Korres Vitamin E primer and let's say, it was love at first application. I adore the scent-to me, it smells like orange oil. I usually smooth a pea size amount on while my moisturizer is still a little tacky because I find that they both set better this way. (Aside: I find this primer to be somewhat moisturizing and never accentuating of dry patches, so if you have combo or dry skin, this is worth a try!) I've tried this with several different foundations and not only does it make the foundation look more natural and more even, but it does help to extend the wear, especially by controlling oil in my t-zone.

This primer is pretty average. It's creamy and goes on smooth, but I DO NOT like the smell. For that reason I will not purchase again. Besides, I could probably find something better that doesn't smell.

on 1/3/2011 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The great thing about this is that it's silicone free, has a nice lemon pie scent and that make-up applies well over it. However, I have dry combo skin and it definitely didn't do much to improve the staying power of my make-up on the t-zone or chin area. I had hoped it would have helped make-up stay better in harsh winter weather but no such hope - probably even worse on hot summer days. No oil control whatsoever either.

This might be a good purchase for someone with dry skin but for me it wasn't anything great. I'll probably use it as a moisturiser in summer. I got this for 19 pounds, which was a tolerable price and I definitely wouldn't pay any more as it isn't worth that much money nor does it work amazingly well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Korres Face Primer is a fantastic alternative to a silicone-based primer. I'll break down my review:

1) The feel--this primer does not feel greasy, does not sit on top of the skin, and feels good as you blend it on your face. As a result, this is a great alternative to the typical 'greasy' or 'slick' feeling a lot of reviewers compain about silicone-based primers (i.e. Smashbox, etc).

2) The smell--although personally I find the smell subtle and even then very natural (it's the citrus honey in the product), it is welcoming. Not too strong at all for those who are scent sensitive.

3) The amount. I believe 1.01 Fluid Ounce for about $28 is great for a primer that is primarily natural and organic. Most effective primers are around this price range and this product will definitely last you a while--especially since the product is in a tube (easy to squeeze out every last drop).

4) The longevity. I believe this primer does increase the longevity of my make-up, however I will admit that a silicone-based primer can make my make-up last longer and control oil better. However, this is a fantastic primer that gets close to those standards without having to potentially clog pores or mask your skin.

*I understand a primer is suppose to create a barrier so that your foundation/make-up does not settle into pores/lines, however you need to realize that primer will fill those pores & lines--how is that any healthier to then add foundation on top? In turn that can cause more problems. With a silicone-free primer that has a powerful antioxidant (Vitamin E), there is less chance of causing harm to your complexion.

Finally, I find this foundation to help even out my skin tone immediately upon application. Not a miracle experience by any means, but it feels healthy going on.

I definitely recommend this for those who are sensitive to silicone and are looking for a quality primer. I am combination-oily skin and find my skin looks better in the long run with use of this primer.

I bought this and cannot really see the point in it. I cannot tell that it does anything. It feels greasy and I cannot imagine putting this on top of mosturized even if you have dry skin. The only good part is that it is silicone free, if that is what you are looking for in a primer, but I am beginning to think the silicone is what makes a primer work as a primer.

It works well- but immediately turns my face bright red, bad packaging, smell is strong, but it is a less expensive primer and a good to-go pick as long as you don't have the reaction I do to it.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had the option of choosing this primer or SMASHBOX, and I mistakenly chose this one. It is a luxurious primer, and will work extremely well for any woman with dry skin; however, my overactive oily glands just cannot manage it. I hate to let it go to waste, so for now I use it by itself without my moisturizer. The results are better, however I really need a primer that mattifies as well. This one absolutely does not. My overall rating for this primer is a 3 (not fantastic for me but not the worse either).