Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.7

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine

Cover FX discontinued my favorite face primer and I took a chance with this product. I can't use silicone so already a point in its favor. Smells great but fades quickly, goes on lightly and foundation goes on smoothly. I have combination dry and oily skin and also get weather-related allergies when the Santa Anas arrive twice a year so a primer that can handle all that is great. Will definitely rebuy (as long as it's not discontinued!).

ETA Jan 2016 - This has since been discontinued :( I will be trying the Korres Greek Yoghurt primer when I use up my tube. Still silicone-free and I'll be back to review good or bad.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've gone through about 80% of a tube of this and I know I won't spend $30 on it again. I love Korres products; their Mango Butter lipsticks are wonderful, and their Wild Rose Moisturizer is my HG. I think this brand is wonderful, but the face primer falls flat.

Pros:

- Never once did this break me out or irritate my rosacea skin
- My makeup looked no worse with this on underneath it
- The scent is lovely
- The ingredients are natural

Cons:

- My makeup looked no better with this on underneath, and furthermore, I feel that it did nothing to make my foundation glide on any easier. I have small pores except for on the sides of my nose, and this did nothing for them either.
- I saw no improvements in my skin after using this primer for over three months. This particular product is supposed to improve your skin's texture and tone, but it did absolutely nothing for me. I believe a product should do what it says it should do, particularly if you're paying a little extra for it.
- Sometimes this made my face feel a tiny bit tight when I put it on. Again, I have dry skin, so I really don't need my face to feel any tighter than it already is!
- For $30, you sure don't get very much.

Overall, Korres is a great line, but this particular primer really isn't on par with many of their other skincare products. For those with dry skin, I highly recommend trying Hourglass's No. 28 Primer Serum. It does exactly what I had hoped the Korres primer would do and then some! It's more expensive, but the results are fantastic, and worth the cost.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I went into Sephora one day because I needed more face primer. They were all out of the one I usually use (Laura Mercier Mineral Primer) so the lady there suggested this one. I have been using it for about a month now and it's honestly not that great. I don't hate it but it's not something I'll be re-purchasing. I don't notice a difference in the smoothness in my skin like I do with my regular one. It also says that it makes your foundation last longer, but I don't see it. I would say my foundation only lasted aout 5 hours before having to do a touch up. I guess when companies say that it just means that it last longer when paired with the primer as opposed to wearing foundation alone but that's honestly what it was like when I used it. I also don't like how you have to twist off the lid rather than a pop off one. I do like, however, the smell of the product. It reminds me of a carrot face cream that The Body Shop used to sell which reminds me of my mom. I also like that it's lotion like rather than a gel. The smell and the consistancy of the product are definatley not enough for me to keep buying this.