KORRES Natural Products Silicone-Free Face Primer

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
KORRES Natural Products Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.2

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am not a big specialist over primers. Having said that, i break out super super extra easily and this primer did not make me break out at all It does make my skin a bit smoother before foundation application, but does not make my make up last longer at all. I do rate it more as a cream than a primer .

on 1/28/2013 5:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After finding this on eBay for around $15 dollars (much less than the RRP), I couldn't resist buying, after hearing that this is silicone free and meant to be great for dry skin.

Firstly, I have really dry skin that needs a lot of moisture to make sure my skin doesn't flake throughout the day. The primers I have come across all seem to be oil-controlling, which I don't need in the slightest.

The product is slightly citrus scented, and goes on really smoothly. When I put this on I actually feel like I'm doing something good for my skin instead of slathering it in pore-clogging chemicals.
It works best if you give it 2 - 5 minutes to settle in, and foundation just goes on like a dream over the top of my rough acne-scarred skin.

I can't see very much of an improvement in lasting power, but it's definitely better than if you didn't put the primer on (I set with a setting spray anyhow).

I highly doubt this could work for oily skin, even combo might find it too 'dewy'.

I'm taking points off for the regular retail price, it's a bit much, but I always find it cheaper.
And also for the use by date (which is 6 months apparently), I would only ever use it up entirely in that amount of time if I used it religiously.

But all in all, fantastic product, and finally.something that works well with my insanely dry skin! Would absolutely repurchase.

on 5/1/2011 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This isn't a bad product. It evens out and preps skin for foundation, making it apply more smoothly and evenly. It makes the foundation last a bit longer than if you had not used a primer at all, but does not make it last all day (at least on me- and I have yet to find a primer that DOES btw). The reason it's not fantastic is.. it does basically exactly what a plain, regular, drugstore moisturizer would do. So... kind of not a great value for the cost.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like to think of this product as more of a light moisturizer than a primer. The scent is delicious. It has mixed reviews, but I quite like this product.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I can't believe the reviews are so "meh" on this primer. I absolutely love it! I have tried way too many primers over the years, but this is definitely the best I have ever used. I have sensitive, redness-prone, acne-prone skin that doesn't do well with silicone, so I was ready to give up on ever finding a primer that would work for me. They all felt too heavy (Smashbox), broke me out (MAC Prep & Prime) or just did nothing to help my makeup stay on. I got a sample of the Korres Vitamin E primer and let's say, it was love at first application. I adore the scent-to me, it smells like orange oil. I usually smooth a pea size amount on while my moisturizer is still a little tacky because I find that they both set better this way. (Aside: I find this primer to be somewhat moisturizing and never accentuating of dry patches, so if you have combo or dry skin, this is worth a try!) I've tried this with several different foundations and not only does it make the foundation look more natural and more even, but it does help to extend the wear, especially by controlling oil in my t-zone.

on 11/26/2010 9:31:00 PM

I was looking for a silicone free primer because I hate the way all the silicone ones pill on my skin and I stumbled upon this at sephora. I like the way it smells and its not super heavy over my moisturizer. My skin is normal/dry and it absorbs nicely and keeps my foundation looking good all day. I found it a little expensive at the time but I guess compared to a lot of the ones out there it's not soo bad.

on 10/7/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

It's too bad this product has so many negative reviews. I really like this stuff. I had a sample size and then I even bought a full size before I was out of it. A little goes a long way and it does not make my skin greasy like many reviews claimed. It's very moisturizing and it seems to even out my skin tone. Because of that, sometimes I'll use this alone. It does work well for me as a primer/base. I don't use anything else right now. It feels good on and the scent is awesome. This is a little pricey for me, but I feel like it's worth it and this tube has lasted me a really long time. I love Korres and have loved everything I've tried in this line.

I got a sample of this with my 500-point perk from Sephora (came in a Korres sampler with a bunch of other goodies). I don't usually use a primer, but decided to try it just to see if it made a difference. Well, it didn't... except to make me oilier and broken out. My skin is super sensitive to begin with, so I probably shouldn't have messed with it. Silicone free or not, it still upset my skin, so I had to discontinue use.

It works well- but immediately turns my face bright red, bad packaging, smell is strong, but it is a less expensive primer and a good to-go pick as long as you don't have the reaction I do to it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Jeez, this stuff is horrid. It was a smooth application, but it made my oily skin look shinier, made no difference with minimizing pores or fine lines. I used it under Estee Lauder's Individualist foundation (now discontinued, and no longer use it) and it made no difference with staying power, in fact I looked like a greaseball by the end of the day. I appreciate the organic ingredients, which I give one star for, but such a waste of money for me.