Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.2

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

BREAKOUT CITY!

on 6/2/2013 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been using this primer for about three weeks and I'm very happy with it! This is the first primer I have ever used and I picked it since it doesn't have silicone in it and is supposed to be better for your skin. I don't use my morning moisturizer anymore since this is moisturizing enough. It also sinks into your skin and dries very fast which is great! I used to put on my moisturizer and have to wait five to ten minutes for it to dry before doing my makeup. I use the korres mineral powder foundation over this primer and it goes on nice and smooth.

The only thing I don't like about this is that it doesn't cover pores completely. It helps, but I have some pretty big pores on my chin now for some reason and they are still noticeable after using this primer, but they do seem a little better. I never had an issue with makeup not lasting on my skin, so I wasn't using this to help my makeup last longer, but I can definitely report that my makeup still looks really good at the end of the day after using this. This hasn't caused breakouts either, but I'm on accutane now so I don't think anything I put on my face is really causing breakouts anymore, thankfully :)

Definitely recommend this product!

on 5/25/2013 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This silicon-free primer feels delightful on my sensitive, dry/combination skin. Unfortunately, it doesn't do all the things I expect from a primer--smooth over pores, create an even base for foundation application, and provide longer wear to my foundation. Still, I like it. It makes my foundation go on more easily and evenly, and moisturizes nicely. If you're sensitive to silicon, this might be a nice one to try. Also, it smells great--kind of tangy and citrusy.

I would never buy this at full price, though--I found it online for much less than MSRP.

on 12/22/2011 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Been using this for months. I can definitely tell the difference when I don't use it. I can see fading on the chin, nose, cheeks and forehead when I don't. The most noticeable place is my chin. Not sure if it helps my oily skin or makes the application smoother. Doesn't seem to be breaking me out either.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I did not DISlike this, per se; it is not a bad product by any means. I just did not notice a difference between my skin with this vs. without it; it did not really provide a primed base for foundation. It felt very smooth going on -- it is not sticky, oily or drying, and there is no discernible scent. My foundation blended well over it (it didn't crumble, as some primers tend to do), but it also did not leave the flawless surface that some primers do (perhaps this can be attributed to the lack of silicone). It did not clog my pores or cause breakouts, and I do like that it is silicone-free; however, I would just as soon skip the primer than to add a step that is not noticeable.

on 1/3/2011 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The great thing about this is that it's silicone free, has a nice lemon pie scent and that make-up applies well over it. However, I have dry combo skin and it definitely didn't do much to improve the staying power of my make-up on the t-zone or chin area. I had hoped it would have helped make-up stay better in harsh winter weather but no such hope - probably even worse on hot summer days. No oil control whatsoever either.

This might be a good purchase for someone with dry skin but for me it wasn't anything great. I'll probably use it as a moisturiser in summer. I got this for 19 pounds, which was a tolerable price and I definitely wouldn't pay any more as it isn't worth that much money nor does it work amazingly well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As with the Guava Lip Butter, I received this, too, with the 500-point redemption for the Korres sampler pack offered by Sephora this past spring. I have the trial size (0.34 oz). I tested it as a face primer twice, not liking it very much at all - it was just way too greasy and creamy for my oily skin. As a general rule, I do not use face primers before applying my mineral foundation. But since I already had it, I decided to try it on for the heck of it. The smell is really nice - it's citrus-smelling, but in general I do lean toward citrus scents. The packaging is also really awesome as it's contained in a squeeze tube and therefore is anti-contamination. (Hooray!) I relegated it to the bottom depths of my makeup bag at home, forgetting all about it until just a few days ago when I remembered I had it and decided to test it as an eyeshadow primer instead.

As an eyeshadow primer, it's absolutely fantastic. You need very little as it's going only on your eyelids (about 1/4 the size of your pinky nail for two eyelids, if that!). Then just wait about a minute or two, giving it a chance to dry. It keeps your eyeshadow in place practically the whole day long until you wash it off. Initially, I planned to purchase a highly-rated and well-known eyeshadow primer but it contains silicone and I'd just rather stay away from silicone if I can. So, out of sheer curiosity and wanting to experiment, I found a new way (or, rather, area!) to use this silicone-free primer. And, to think, I had wanted to give this away, ha. I like this primer so much as an eyeshadow primer that I got a full-size one yesterday. I expect the full size to last forever. Highly recommended (at least for the eyes)!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Typically am not a Korres fan but this primer is wonderful for my combination skin. I have tried many primers over the years and they either cause my skin to break out from the silicones or do nothing at all for me. This works wonders for my skin. I apply it after my Replenix spf 45 sunscreen.

on 6/9/2010 12:49:00 PM

I like this face primer. It's not oily, and it is easily absorbed. I don't even need to use my eye shadow primers anymore. My skin feels smooth after using it. But I do wear a light layer of moisturizer under it.
UPDATE: I don't think it's really good with oil control. It also breaks me out almost every time I use it..

Broke me out in a rash!! Its cheap for a primer and is 'organic' but it broke me out bad!