Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.2

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Meh. I did not enjoy this so much. I bought it in December and just returned it in April. I've tried to like this product and use it once in a while to give it another chance and I just didn't bother with it after a while. It feels nice, smells okay, however, I feel like it goes on like lotion. I have dry skin and you'd think this product is good, but like I said, it's just like lotion and to pay $30 for something similar to a lotion, just wasn't worth it. Staying power? My makeup lasts just a little bit longer, but as a primer, I'd expect more lasting power, pore-filling, and worth of my money.

on 5/25/2013 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This silicon-free primer feels delightful on my sensitive, dry/combination skin. Unfortunately, it doesn't do all the things I expect from a primer--smooth over pores, create an even base for foundation application, and provide longer wear to my foundation. Still, I like it. It makes my foundation go on more easily and evenly, and moisturizes nicely. If you're sensitive to silicon, this might be a nice one to try. Also, it smells great--kind of tangy and citrusy.

I would never buy this at full price, though--I found it online for much less than MSRP.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've gone through about 80% of a tube of this and I know I won't spend $30 on it again. I love Korres products; their Mango Butter lipsticks are wonderful, and their Wild Rose Moisturizer is my HG. I think this brand is wonderful, but the face primer falls flat.

Pros:

- Never once did this break me out or irritate my rosacea skin
- My makeup looked no worse with this on underneath it
- The scent is lovely
- The ingredients are natural

Cons:

- My makeup looked no better with this on underneath, and furthermore, I feel that it did nothing to make my foundation glide on any easier. I have small pores except for on the sides of my nose, and this did nothing for them either.
- I saw no improvements in my skin after using this primer for over three months. This particular product is supposed to improve your skin's texture and tone, but it did absolutely nothing for me. I believe a product should do what it says it should do, particularly if you're paying a little extra for it.
- Sometimes this made my face feel a tiny bit tight when I put it on. Again, I have dry skin, so I really don't need my face to feel any tighter than it already is!
- For $30, you sure don't get very much.

Overall, Korres is a great line, but this particular primer really isn't on par with many of their other skincare products. For those with dry skin, I highly recommend trying Hourglass's No. 28 Primer Serum. It does exactly what I had hoped the Korres primer would do and then some! It's more expensive, but the results are fantastic, and worth the cost.

I bought this and cannot really see the point in it. I cannot tell that it does anything. It feels greasy and I cannot imagine putting this on top of mosturized even if you have dry skin. The only good part is that it is silicone free, if that is what you are looking for in a primer, but I am beginning to think the silicone is what makes a primer work as a primer.

on 1/18/2010 10:09:00 PM

I decided to try this product after my Smashbox Primer broke my face out....Iet me say, I LOVE the Smashbox for a flawless face, but I sadly can't wear it. I figured that I could return it if I hated it, but I actually like the Korres primer. It smells nice, and you only need a little bit. The Korres worked really nicely under MMU, but I don't really wear liquid foundation, so I don't know how that would be. It seemed be slightly moisturizing without being oily (which is nice as MMU can look dry in the wintertime). I don't think this really would control oil, but it is a nice, more natural product that minimizes pores and provides a good base for MMU.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

For reference, I have very sensitive skin, and I also have eczema. I bought a travel sized tube of this for 10 dollars because I figured if it wasn't good, I wasn't losing much. Well, I have to say, this is the only face product I've used that doesn't break me out! As for primer abilities, I wear this underneath powder foundation, concealor and blush daily. I does make it stay from 6:15am-3:00pm, which is about 8-9 hours. So as a primer, it's pretty good, and it's also healthy ingridients. However, it claims to even out skin tone, and minimize pores, but it doesn't. Your face will look the same after application. If you have sensitive skin, and want inexpensive primer, consider this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this to wear in conjunction with my Wild Rose Foundation. Love the foundation, don't like the primer. I suppose it isn't a terrible product. It just didn't work for me because I noticed breakouts. It smells fantastic, like citrusy fruit, and is very lightweight and fast-absorbing. It made my skin smoother and foundation went on great. But throughout the day, I noticed tiny little bumps on my forehead and on my cheeks. I stopped using this and my skin went back to normal. Tried it again, and same thing. I thought maybe it was too moisturizing so I gave it to my mother who has dry skin. She also broke out from it! I really wanted to like this, but my skin just didn't agree with it. Will exchange for the Korres Lip Butters or something.

I was so excited to see Korres Primer! I was so excited i bought it hoping for the best. however, my skin had a bad reaction to it. it would tingle and burn after putting it on. i ended up returning it. not buying again.

on 4/27/2009 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I bought this at Sephora after reading all the great reviews on their site, but I did not like it. I have normal to combination skin, and this made me very oily within an hour. It was also thicker than the primers that I am used to (BE Prime Time or Smashbox) and it felt like I had too many layers on my skin. It smelled good and did not make me break out, but it made my makeup look awful.

on 4/24/2009 11:56:00 PM

This is the best primer Ive tried so far (compared to Tarte, Carmindy, MAC, Estee Lauder, NARS). It goes on smoothly, pleasant scent and does not feel like a mask; as most primers do. My skin is dry/normal and felt smooth and moisturized, like I was wearing nothing. It did a decent job of minimizing my pores and my makeup held up well. I like that it is silicone and paraben free because my skin tends to be sensitive. If youre interested in using cosmetics that have less toxic ingredients, definitely try this one. This is top on my list and is worth the $28.