Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.5

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

on 12/22/2011 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Been using this for months. I can definitely tell the difference when I don't use it. I can see fading on the chin, nose, cheeks and forehead when I don't. The most noticeable place is my chin. Not sure if it helps my oily skin or makes the application smoother. Doesn't seem to be breaking me out either.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Korres Face Primer is a fantastic alternative to a silicone-based primer. I'll break down my review:

1) The feel--this primer does not feel greasy, does not sit on top of the skin, and feels good as you blend it on your face. As a result, this is a great alternative to the typical 'greasy' or 'slick' feeling a lot of reviewers compain about silicone-based primers (i.e. Smashbox, etc).

2) The smell--although personally I find the smell subtle and even then very natural (it's the citrus honey in the product), it is welcoming. Not too strong at all for those who are scent sensitive.

3) The amount. I believe 1.01 Fluid Ounce for about $28 is great for a primer that is primarily natural and organic. Most effective primers are around this price range and this product will definitely last you a while--especially since the product is in a tube (easy to squeeze out every last drop).

4) The longevity. I believe this primer does increase the longevity of my make-up, however I will admit that a silicone-based primer can make my make-up last longer and control oil better. However, this is a fantastic primer that gets close to those standards without having to potentially clog pores or mask your skin.

*I understand a primer is suppose to create a barrier so that your foundation/make-up does not settle into pores/lines, however you need to realize that primer will fill those pores & lines--how is that any healthier to then add foundation on top? In turn that can cause more problems. With a silicone-free primer that has a powerful antioxidant (Vitamin E), there is less chance of causing harm to your complexion.

Finally, I find this foundation to help even out my skin tone immediately upon application. Not a miracle experience by any means, but it feels healthy going on.

I definitely recommend this for those who are sensitive to silicone and are looking for a quality primer. I am combination-oily skin and find my skin looks better in the long run with use of this primer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As with the Guava Lip Butter, I received this, too, with the 500-point redemption for the Korres sampler pack offered by Sephora this past spring. I have the trial size (0.34 oz). I tested it as a face primer twice, not liking it very much at all - it was just way too greasy and creamy for my oily skin. As a general rule, I do not use face primers before applying my mineral foundation. But since I already had it, I decided to try it on for the heck of it. The smell is really nice - it's citrus-smelling, but in general I do lean toward citrus scents. The packaging is also really awesome as it's contained in a squeeze tube and therefore is anti-contamination. (Hooray!) I relegated it to the bottom depths of my makeup bag at home, forgetting all about it until just a few days ago when I remembered I had it and decided to test it as an eyeshadow primer instead.

As an eyeshadow primer, it's absolutely fantastic. You need very little as it's going only on your eyelids (about 1/4 the size of your pinky nail for two eyelids, if that!). Then just wait about a minute or two, giving it a chance to dry. It keeps your eyeshadow in place practically the whole day long until you wash it off. Initially, I planned to purchase a highly-rated and well-known eyeshadow primer but it contains silicone and I'd just rather stay away from silicone if I can. So, out of sheer curiosity and wanting to experiment, I found a new way (or, rather, area!) to use this silicone-free primer. And, to think, I had wanted to give this away, ha. I like this primer so much as an eyeshadow primer that I got a full-size one yesterday. I expect the full size to last forever. Highly recommended (at least for the eyes)!

on 7/4/2010 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this primer to bits! I've used primers from Shu Uemura, RMK, Laura Mercier... yeah, and at first I wasn't really into the whole Korres brand because it seems to me like an overrated 'natural' cosmetic line. But I take that back. I love most of their stuff and they occasionally have 20-30% discounts, so do take advantage of that.

This primer is a must-have. Not only is it silicone free, it has a lovely citrus scent. I've even used this as a moisturiser before my foundation cos it hydrates beautifully. If you have dry skin, you could probably get about 6 hrs of good wear from your foundation.

It comes in toothpaste tube (which is annoying) but functions well. I noticed that it's made in Switzerland rather than Greece which is a good point I guess. Most of the highest quality products are made in Switzerland.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this from sephora, thank goodness I did not shell out any of my hard earned $ for it. I used it for 3 days and by the fourth day I had 3 huge pimples on my cheeks & chin from this product. That being said I also did not notice any thing outstanding about this product. It did nothing for oil control, did not smooth out my pores or help my skin tone/texture. TERRIBLE

on 12/25/2009 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got a sample of this with my recent Sephora order since the full-size primer is just too pricey for me. I put this on under my mineral makeup and I can honestly say this works so much better for me than Photofinish or the ELF studio primer. Since this is more of a cream than a gel, it doesn't accentuate those dry patches that appear in the winter. I've noticed little to no mattifying properties, but I haven't been able to find a primer that does that for me; I just use a setting powder. My only problems with this is the price and the odd scent. It smells like citrus, and I don't particularly like that smell.

on 9/28/2009 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

probably one of the worst primers i've tried. i just feel like i am putting lotion on my face. does not control oil AT ALL. seems to help my makeup stay on for part of the day. does not make pores look smaller or minimize fine lines. has sort of an odd chemical/citrus smell to it. as far as wanting a "natural" product...oh well nothing beats silicone as far as primers go!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This primer is fantastic! It smells fresh and light, like lemons, and goes on super smooth, prepping your skin perfectly for flawless foundation application. It absorbs pretty quickly and feels lightweight. I do see and feel a difference in application and I believe that it does help keep the make-up on longer, although I haven't actually tested this or anything. I'm unsure of whether or not this helps with oiliness, but it certainly doesn't cause it. And of course, it's great to know that the product you're using is free or parabens, silicone, etc. Unfortunately, this thing is way too expensive for me. It costs about $28 for a one ounce tube, and even though you only use a small pea-sized (or so) portion, I think I'd finish the tube every 6 months or so. For that reason, I would probably not buy again unless I can't find a decent alternative. I'm going to try Monistat Chafing Powder Gel next...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this primer in the worst way. My skin can't tolerate the suffocation of silicone primers. I have extremely oily, acne prone, sensitive skin that must avoid silicone's at all cost. I had been very happy with Murad's new Oil Controller, but this one was a "must try" product for me due to all the hype and the fact that it was all natural and silicone free. I love that it comes in a tube, but the love ended quickly once I put it on my face. This is probably fine for very dry skins, however it felt so greasy, creamy and moisturizing that I had to wash it off before even giving it a full test drive. That's not how I want to start my make up day if you know what I mean. That's usually how my face feels by the end of the day when I can't wait to wash it. There is no way that something that feels this oily to begin with is going to do anything to help control my oil throughout the day. I need a primer to help keep my make up on and that means it must go on very matte, not super greasy. The only positive I can come up with is to say that this has a very pleasant orange like scent, however it's really nothing more than a gentle all natural moisturizer (and that's not what super oily skins like mine need or want). Back to Sephora it goes.

on 4/27/2009 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I picked up a sample of this after reading so many positive reviews about it, but was disappointed with the results. I have oily skin, and don't think it helped control the oil, or made my make-up stay on any longer than usual :(