Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.4

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine

Cover FX discontinued my favorite face primer and I took a chance with this product. I can't use silicone so already a point in its favor. Smells great but fades quickly, goes on lightly and foundation goes on smoothly. I have combination dry and oily skin and also get weather-related allergies when the Santa Anas arrive twice a year so a primer that can handle all that is great. Will definitely rebuy (as long as it's not discontinued!).

ETA Jan 2016 - This has since been discontinued :( I will be trying the Korres Greek Yoghurt primer when I use up my tube. Still silicone-free and I'll be back to review good or bad.

on 1/28/2013 5:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After finding this on eBay for around $15 dollars (much less than the RRP), I couldn't resist buying, after hearing that this is silicone free and meant to be great for dry skin.

Firstly, I have really dry skin that needs a lot of moisture to make sure my skin doesn't flake throughout the day. The primers I have come across all seem to be oil-controlling, which I don't need in the slightest.

The product is slightly citrus scented, and goes on really smoothly. When I put this on I actually feel like I'm doing something good for my skin instead of slathering it in pore-clogging chemicals.
It works best if you give it 2 - 5 minutes to settle in, and foundation just goes on like a dream over the top of my rough acne-scarred skin.

I can't see very much of an improvement in lasting power, but it's definitely better than if you didn't put the primer on (I set with a setting spray anyhow).

I highly doubt this could work for oily skin, even combo might find it too 'dewy'.

I'm taking points off for the regular retail price, it's a bit much, but I always find it cheaper.
And also for the use by date (which is 6 months apparently), I would only ever use it up entirely in that amount of time if I used it religiously.

But all in all, fantastic product, and finally.something that works well with my insanely dry skin! Would absolutely repurchase.

on 1/17/2013 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Does not stay on your face! It was peeling off as I was patting on tinted moisturizer on top of this! And it didn't do much for my face either.

I love the consistency of this primer. It made my foundation look so smooth and even! I love this primer!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I feel like this would be a very decent primer for someone:
1. With mature or dry skin (seems to double as a moisturizer)
2. Who doesn't wear alot of makeup (the more makeup I put on top of the primer, the more it melts off my face by the end of the day) and
3. Whose skin does not tolerate silicones (silicone free).

Not a repeat buy for me, as I only fit #3.

This primer is very liquidy and moist so you have to give it a bit more time to dry before applying your foundation. It reminds me a lot of Napoleon Perdis Pre Foundation Autopolit primer in texture and smell. This might be good food someone with really dry skin.
I prefer gel like primers like Smashbox's Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Lancome's La Base Pro and my favorite for now, MAC's Prep and Prime.

This is the first silicone-free primer I've used, and I have to say I love it! It looks and feels more like a moisturizer or lotion than a primer, and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or dirty. It lets my makeup glide on and stay put for the whole day. I like the fact that its packaged in a tube, as it lets you use all of the product and not waste any. I will definitely repurchase.

I can't wear anything with dimethicone (i get the worst breakouts EVER and it's in EVERYTHING) so it really limits the products I can use. This is the only primer that healed up all my old blemishes from my dimethicone days and provides a canvas for flawless makeup application. I've been wearing it for a week and people keep telling me how beautiful my skin looks. I wear this under my Mineral Fusion mineral powder foundation and dust some Korres Pink Blush on top!

give it a try if you're sensitive to silicone

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I did not DISlike this, per se; it is not a bad product by any means. I just did not notice a difference between my skin with this vs. without it; it did not really provide a primed base for foundation. It felt very smooth going on -- it is not sticky, oily or drying, and there is no discernible scent. My foundation blended well over it (it didn't crumble, as some primers tend to do), but it also did not leave the flawless surface that some primers do (perhaps this can be attributed to the lack of silicone). It did not clog my pores or cause breakouts, and I do like that it is silicone-free; however, I would just as soon skip the primer than to add a step that is not noticeable.

Don't feel like it makes makeup last any longer and I don't really like the scent. However, it makes my face feel very smooth and moisturized so not a total loss. I've been using this as the last step in my skin care routine to "seal in" all the other stuff and I'm liking it! Makes my face softer in the morning.As a makeup primer though, not a fan.

I'll gladly use up the tube I have but won't be repurchasing.