Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.2

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

Awesome primer by Korres that is surprisingly free of silicone. The texture it leaves would make you believe otherwise. The scent was a NICE surprise. I usually do not use fragrant products but I do enjoy this. I have very normal to dry skin so a primer isn't a must for me but I like to use it under mineral foundations. I hope they make a version with SPF in it for the day. The packaging is eh.

on 10/7/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

It's too bad this product has so many negative reviews. I really like this stuff. I had a sample size and then I even bought a full size before I was out of it. A little goes a long way and it does not make my skin greasy like many reviews claimed. It's very moisturizing and it seems to even out my skin tone. Because of that, sometimes I'll use this alone. It does work well for me as a primer/base. I don't use anything else right now. It feels good on and the scent is awesome. This is a little pricey for me, but I feel like it's worth it and this tube has lasted me a really long time. I love Korres and have loved everything I've tried in this line.

on 2/17/2010 7:16:00 PM

This primer feels so luxurious, light, and soft on my skin! It is so pleasant to use and amazingly consistent, a feat hard to accomplish with the problem skin friendly ingredients Korres uses. Too bad, as a primer it under performs. I found it is as efficient in making foundation stay as it is to use nothing. I will use the remainder of my tube as a moisturizer, but definitely not for primer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Korres Silicone Free Face Primer:

This did absolutely nothing. I couldn't tell the difference with or without. Luckily I didn't spend money on this - I got it as a free sample with an order from Sephora because this would have been a waste of money.

I looked greasy, this did not keep foundation from moving around on my skin and accumulating in and around fine lines and didn't even feel that great.

Who needs an extra step that doesn't work? Not me.

on 6/28/2009 2:49:00 AM

Update 9/12/09: Purchased my own tube and still love this stuff!

I have used this primer for a couple of weeks and I have to say that it works a lot better than Lorac's aquaprime. My skin cannot take silicone like many others so I am happy to see more silicone free primers coming out. I have not yet purchased this product but it is only because my Sephora provided me a generous sample that has lasted me for weeks. After I finish my sample, I will definetly purchase a tube for myself!
The scent is like a light citrius lemon scent, almost like a sorbet. Its tolerable and I dont even notice it after it is applied. The texture is like a light lotion and sinks in quickly. As for its performance as a primer, I am pretty happy with it. It keeps my makeup looking good and matte for the most part. I had forgotten to use this one day and was able to tell the difference. I have not broken out from this product.