Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.3

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine

Cover FX discontinued my favorite face primer and I took a chance with this product. I can't use silicone so already a point in its favor. Smells great but fades quickly, goes on lightly and foundation goes on smoothly. I have combination dry and oily skin and also get weather-related allergies when the Santa Anas arrive twice a year so a primer that can handle all that is great. Will definitely rebuy (as long as it's not discontinued!).

ETA Jan 2016 - This has since been discontinued :( I will be trying the Korres Greek Yoghurt primer when I use up my tube. Still silicone-free and I'll be back to review good or bad.

on 6/2/2013 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been using this primer for about three weeks and I'm very happy with it! This is the first primer I have ever used and I picked it since it doesn't have silicone in it and is supposed to be better for your skin. I don't use my morning moisturizer anymore since this is moisturizing enough. It also sinks into your skin and dries very fast which is great! I used to put on my moisturizer and have to wait five to ten minutes for it to dry before doing my makeup. I use the korres mineral powder foundation over this primer and it goes on nice and smooth.

The only thing I don't like about this is that it doesn't cover pores completely. It helps, but I have some pretty big pores on my chin now for some reason and they are still noticeable after using this primer, but they do seem a little better. I never had an issue with makeup not lasting on my skin, so I wasn't using this to help my makeup last longer, but I can definitely report that my makeup still looks really good at the end of the day after using this. This hasn't caused breakouts either, but I'm on accutane now so I don't think anything I put on my face is really causing breakouts anymore, thankfully :)

Definitely recommend this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am not a big specialist over primers. Having said that, i break out super super extra easily and this primer did not make me break out at all It does make my skin a bit smoother before foundation application, but does not make my make up last longer at all. I do rate it more as a cream than a primer .

on 5/25/2013 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This silicon-free primer feels delightful on my sensitive, dry/combination skin. Unfortunately, it doesn't do all the things I expect from a primer--smooth over pores, create an even base for foundation application, and provide longer wear to my foundation. Still, I like it. It makes my foundation go on more easily and evenly, and moisturizes nicely. If you're sensitive to silicon, this might be a nice one to try. Also, it smells great--kind of tangy and citrusy.

I would never buy this at full price, though--I found it online for much less than MSRP.

on 1/28/2013 5:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After finding this on eBay for around $15 dollars (much less than the RRP), I couldn't resist buying, after hearing that this is silicone free and meant to be great for dry skin.

Firstly, I have really dry skin that needs a lot of moisture to make sure my skin doesn't flake throughout the day. The primers I have come across all seem to be oil-controlling, which I don't need in the slightest.

The product is slightly citrus scented, and goes on really smoothly. When I put this on I actually feel like I'm doing something good for my skin instead of slathering it in pore-clogging chemicals.
It works best if you give it 2 - 5 minutes to settle in, and foundation just goes on like a dream over the top of my rough acne-scarred skin.

I can't see very much of an improvement in lasting power, but it's definitely better than if you didn't put the primer on (I set with a setting spray anyhow).

I highly doubt this could work for oily skin, even combo might find it too 'dewy'.

I'm taking points off for the regular retail price, it's a bit much, but I always find it cheaper.
And also for the use by date (which is 6 months apparently), I would only ever use it up entirely in that amount of time if I used it religiously.

But all in all, fantastic product, and finally.something that works well with my insanely dry skin! Would absolutely repurchase.

I love the consistency of this primer. It made my foundation look so smooth and even! I love this primer!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've gone through about 80% of a tube of this and I know I won't spend $30 on it again. I love Korres products; their Mango Butter lipsticks are wonderful, and their Wild Rose Moisturizer is my HG. I think this brand is wonderful, but the face primer falls flat.

Pros:

- Never once did this break me out or irritate my rosacea skin
- My makeup looked no worse with this on underneath it
- The scent is lovely
- The ingredients are natural

Cons:

- My makeup looked no better with this on underneath, and furthermore, I feel that it did nothing to make my foundation glide on any easier. I have small pores except for on the sides of my nose, and this did nothing for them either.
- I saw no improvements in my skin after using this primer for over three months. This particular product is supposed to improve your skin's texture and tone, but it did absolutely nothing for me. I believe a product should do what it says it should do, particularly if you're paying a little extra for it.
- Sometimes this made my face feel a tiny bit tight when I put it on. Again, I have dry skin, so I really don't need my face to feel any tighter than it already is!
- For $30, you sure don't get very much.

Overall, Korres is a great line, but this particular primer really isn't on par with many of their other skincare products. For those with dry skin, I highly recommend trying Hourglass's No. 28 Primer Serum. It does exactly what I had hoped the Korres primer would do and then some! It's more expensive, but the results are fantastic, and worth the cost.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I feel like this would be a very decent primer for someone:
1. With mature or dry skin (seems to double as a moisturizer)
2. Who doesn't wear alot of makeup (the more makeup I put on top of the primer, the more it melts off my face by the end of the day) and
3. Whose skin does not tolerate silicones (silicone free).

Not a repeat buy for me, as I only fit #3.

on 5/24/2012 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Thicker than the Anti-aging primer by Korres (less liquid and more cream quality), and it dual functions as a primer and moisturizer. Great for dry skin, but if your skin is TOO dry, make sure you exfoliate and moisturize so as to avoid flakiness and similar issues. It has helped to heal my acne prone and sensitive dry skin. I did not have success using it under Lancome's Photogenic Lumessence (piling, ugh), however it looks great under my Bare Minerals original formula powder foundation.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I did not DISlike this, per se; it is not a bad product by any means. I just did not notice a difference between my skin with this vs. without it; it did not really provide a primed base for foundation. It felt very smooth going on -- it is not sticky, oily or drying, and there is no discernible scent. My foundation blended well over it (it didn't crumble, as some primers tend to do), but it also did not leave the flawless surface that some primers do (perhaps this can be attributed to the lack of silicone). It did not clog my pores or cause breakouts, and I do like that it is silicone-free; however, I would just as soon skip the primer than to add a step that is not noticeable.