KORRES Natural Products Silicone-Free Face Primer

Filtered by skin tone : Other
KORRES Natural Products Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.8

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

on 7/4/2010 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this primer to bits! I've used primers from Shu Uemura, RMK, Laura Mercier... yeah, and at first I wasn't really into the whole Korres brand because it seems to me like an overrated 'natural' cosmetic line. But I take that back. I love most of their stuff and they occasionally have 20-30% discounts, so do take advantage of that.

This primer is a must-have. Not only is it silicone free, it has a lovely citrus scent. I've even used this as a moisturiser before my foundation cos it hydrates beautifully. If you have dry skin, you could probably get about 6 hrs of good wear from your foundation.

It comes in toothpaste tube (which is annoying) but functions well. I noticed that it's made in Switzerland rather than Greece which is a good point I guess. Most of the highest quality products are made in Switzerland.

I got a sample from this for Sephora because I am trying to see if I can find a primer that does NOT have silicone in it.

I am usually a die-hard fan of Smashbox's Primers, and I love how that slippery feeling I get from the silicones glides over my skin, and lets my makeup sit on there for 8+ hours without sliding or moving (seriously!!! you just need to let it sit a bit after applying it)

So I tried Korres, and you know what? I am not a fan of this at all.

Maybe I am too used to silicone primers, but this stuff soaks into your skin and feels more like a moisturizer than a real primer.

I am going to switch to trying my sample of Tarte's Clean Slate later on today for a test, because it feels more like a Smashbox primer but doesn't have as many chemicals in it (or so Sephora says).. plus, it's cheaper.

on 7/15/2009 10:10:00 AM

I love this primer. It is my favorite and I will buy it again. The fragrance is just right. It goes on smoothly and feels good. No irritation. Another winning product from Korres.

on 7/3/2009 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Why oh why do I do this? Another example of my buying a ridiculously overpriced tube of white stuff just because I loved the packaging. Seriously. I don't even use primers that much. But one look at that old-school utilitarian tube and typeface, and I just had to have it. My HG primers (again, it's very infrequent...usually in the summer) are PTR Max Mattifying or DHC Velvet Skin coat. Korres is just some sort of scented cream that doesn't do anything it promises: prep, smooth, blur wrinkles, make foundation last or stop shine. Primer FAIL. The one thing Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer proves is that face primers should not be silicone free. Oh well. I guess I can just stare at the tube now and then. It really is kind of cool.