Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Filtered by age: 30-35
Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.1

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

on 1/21/2014 11:11:00 PM

I really like this primer. Goes on nicely, feels great on my face, and makeup applies nicely after it's on. It also makes my makeup stay in place for long periods at a time. I love that it's silicone free as well.
Awesome.

I love the consistency of this primer. It made my foundation look so smooth and even! I love this primer!

This primer is very liquidy and moist so you have to give it a bit more time to dry before applying your foundation. It reminds me a lot of Napoleon Perdis Pre Foundation Autopolit primer in texture and smell. This might be good food someone with really dry skin.
I prefer gel like primers like Smashbox's Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Lancome's La Base Pro and my favorite for now, MAC's Prep and Prime.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I did not DISlike this, per se; it is not a bad product by any means. I just did not notice a difference between my skin with this vs. without it; it did not really provide a primed base for foundation. It felt very smooth going on -- it is not sticky, oily or drying, and there is no discernible scent. My foundation blended well over it (it didn't crumble, as some primers tend to do), but it also did not leave the flawless surface that some primers do (perhaps this can be attributed to the lack of silicone). It did not clog my pores or cause breakouts, and I do like that it is silicone-free; however, I would just as soon skip the primer than to add a step that is not noticeable.

on 3/3/2011 9:49:00 AM

Awesome 'cone free primer that MOISURIZES your face like no other!!! :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I can't believe the reviews are so "meh" on this primer. I absolutely love it! I have tried way too many primers over the years, but this is definitely the best I have ever used. I have sensitive, redness-prone, acne-prone skin that doesn't do well with silicone, so I was ready to give up on ever finding a primer that would work for me. They all felt too heavy (Smashbox), broke me out (MAC Prep & Prime) or just did nothing to help my makeup stay on. I got a sample of the Korres Vitamin E primer and let's say, it was love at first application. I adore the scent-to me, it smells like orange oil. I usually smooth a pea size amount on while my moisturizer is still a little tacky because I find that they both set better this way. (Aside: I find this primer to be somewhat moisturizing and never accentuating of dry patches, so if you have combo or dry skin, this is worth a try!) I've tried this with several different foundations and not only does it make the foundation look more natural and more even, but it does help to extend the wear, especially by controlling oil in my t-zone.

I bought this and cannot really see the point in it. I cannot tell that it does anything. It feels greasy and I cannot imagine putting this on top of mosturized even if you have dry skin. The only good part is that it is silicone free, if that is what you are looking for in a primer, but I am beginning to think the silicone is what makes a primer work as a primer.

on 8/7/2010 4:57:00 AM

This did not perform like a primer, more like a half-attempted moisturizer. It is greasy and the worst thing is that it made my pores look huge, and I dont even have large pores. I would definitely not recommend it to those who are inclined to be oily. This did not give me slip or a smoother surface and gave me pimples after a weeks use. Silicone is not a bad thing in primers and this trade off that image but honestly this is useless. It also did not spread smoothly over moisturiser.

on 6/16/2010 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Extra points for a nice scent and all-natural ingredients, but made my face very greasy and oily. Might be OK on someone with dry skin. I love my Laura Mercier primer and nothing can really beat that one so if this one didn't work out give it a try!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had the option of choosing this primer or SMASHBOX, and I mistakenly chose this one. It is a luxurious primer, and will work extremely well for any woman with dry skin; however, my overactive oily glands just cannot manage it. I hate to let it go to waste, so for now I use it by itself without my moisturizer. The results are better, however I really need a primer that mattifies as well. This one absolutely does not. My overall rating for this primer is a 3 (not fantastic for me but not the worse either).