no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

This review is for Sally Hansen Power Shield Ultra-Protective Top Coat (not "Extra Protection" as the previous reviews indicate). It comes on a pegboard backing and has an angular bubble the product sits in, which is kind of far out and funky. The description of this product had me interested. It says, basically, that the key ingredients (Zirconium, Titanium and Silicone) form a "virtually indestructible bond" that protects nail color from chipping and wearing. Not that there's any particular research done saying what those three compounds do on nails, as far as the product user is concerned. But it does sound worthwhile based on the description, doesn't it? <br> <br> Upon application I noticed a far sticky feel (a lot like a brushed-on glue) unlike most polishes. The consistency was a little runny rather than goopy. So far, so good. After a few days of use over bare short nails, I can say my nails are pretty glossy. I'm about to reapply again. <br> <br> In all, I would definitely buy again and recommend to others. I don't know if the ingredients are that amazing but based on the glue-like adhesive feel to this topcoat, I think it's going to stick on nails exactly where you put it. It does not have moisturizing properties, however, so I don't know what it is going to do to my dry/brittle/peeling nails. But I do plan on using this every day for a week or so to grow out my nails, whether on polish or bare. I am giving this a 5 because it's quite unique, very glossy and very long lasting.

About reviewer (340 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

12 years ago

Great topcoat! I jammed my fingers between a paddle and a fiberglass canoe, tearing the skin and bruising my hand pretty badly, but my topcoated nail polish stayed put. The same week I kicked a bedframe, splitting my toe nail in half, but again, my polish didn't budge! Obviously, this is a great product for someone clumsy like me, without accidents I get about a week with only tiny chips at the tips, sometimes more if I'm careful. Super-cheap, too! However, the bottle gets sealed shut for me a lot, probably because I live in a tropical climate, but it gets irritating to have to constantly have your boyfriend open your topcoat for you.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

EyesBrown

2.0

12 years ago

This top coat left something to be desired. Without a top coat I was fixing chips every day. With this top coat I am fixing chips every 2 days. In my opinion that's not great. Normally I love Sally Hansen nail products, so I am pretty disappointed in this one. The only good thing is that it makes my polish look super shiny. Still not worth it...I'll be looking for a new top coat ASAP.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

12 years ago

After a really bad expirience with the Mega-Shine topcoat I HAD to purchase a new one. I saw this for about 3.20 so I bought it. I am so happy I did! It works wonders! My nail polish hasn't peeled or chipped at all! and unlike mega-shine the bottle is see-through so I will know when I have to go and get more (which will be sooner than later because this stuff is awesome!!)

About reviewer (177 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

15 years ago

This is one of the best top coats I've ever used. I have to keep polish on my thinning, brittle nails at all times because I swim several times a week. This top coat keeps the polish going longer without chipping and gives a brilliant shine. One lippie off for thickening up way too soon. Have to keep thinning it down, but still, an excellent product. Would definitely buy again.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesBlue

18 years ago

This is a nice inexpensive topcoat. It does chip a little, but not nearly as much as other polishes that I've tried.

About reviewer (3778 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Other

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

18 years ago

This topcoat lasted for a few days (including an all day trip to the waterpark!) with very, very minimal chipping at the top of the nails. I think there isn't a topcoat in the world that will prevent some chipping at the tips of my nails because my nails have a tendency to peel. So, I consider this a very good product, and I got better results from it than the other top coats I have tried. Plus, I noticed that the shine on the top coat lasted for a long time. I recommend trying this top coat, it works very well and is less than $4 USD!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age