Avon Nailwear Nail Enamel

Avon Nailwear Nail Enamel
Nailwear Nail Enamel

on 5/25/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my gran bought me these nail polishes, and i now have a large collection but with ALL of my newer polishes, after a bath, wash or a days wear they just peel off like skin. They are always dry before i bathe ect but still this happens! it is really annoying me because the colours are just stunning! they really dont last which is annoying :( Also the brushes arent brilliant as where they are so wirery, they leave grooves of where the brush has been. I would buy these again if they were to stop the peeling issue.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I've been using the Avon Nailwear Nail Enamel in Clear for several months now and wow! It's as good as some upscale, pricey brands!

This polish gives a great shine, is easy to apply and dries in a timely manner. And, the polish lasts!! I can go a full 4 days without any chipping or noticeable peeling and I do my own dishes (no dishwasher) and gardening!

I have to hand it to Avon for really improving on their Nail Polishes! Avon has also removed Formaldehyde and Touline from their polishes, which is a bonus! And with a low price-- I paid only $2.99 for a bottle, I would highly recommend this!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this in Textured Teal--OMG! What a beautiful color! Not teal at all--I'd call it navy. It is rich, and dark, and gorgeous. One coat covers, but I'll still use two. This is not a novelty/trashy/cheap color, it reminds me of the nail color palettes from the 1940s.

ETA on June 12:
I painted my toenails with two coats on June 3rd,
with no base or top coat, and it still looks good
and I've only had one tiny chip. Since the 3rd, in
addition to bathing, I've soaked my feet, worn
closed-toe shoes, and even cut the grass in sandals.
I did add a 3rd coat a couple days ago, but I'm
usually so rough on my hands and feet that I have
to start over with fresh polish every couple days...

ETA June 21:
Still wearing the June 3rd Textured Teal on my
toes--it has not chipped on the ends, and I do add
a fresh layer every 4-6 days or so, because my nails
are growing so fast. I'm really loving my dark blue
toenails--they look so freakin' sexy with high heel
sandals.

ETA June 25:
I finally removed the polish because my nails
were getting too long & I had to trim them...

ETA July 10th:
Bought another bottle in Cherries Jubilee & have
worn it on my toes since June 30th, with no chips
or need to reapply. This color is beautiful, but
2 coats is not enough to make it opaque.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

A great find in inexpensive polish (usually on sale for $2.99). I have this in Real Red, which is a bright WARM Valentine red that isn't too garish for my NC15 hands (a rare thing, since most true bright reds make me look ready for the morgue). Application is excellent, smooth and streak-free, with full coverage in two coats and a high-gloss finish. My one quibble: The narrow bottle is a bit tippy -- I've already knocked it over once.

on 4/14/2007 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have always been a nail polish junkie, and when a friend became an Avon rep I decided that the Nailwear Nail Enamel on sale for $2.99 a bottle was too good of a deal to pass up. I ordered it in two colors, plus Avon's basecoat and topcoat. Today around 3 pm I put the base coat on, then two coats of the color, and then the top coat. I gave all coats PLENTY of drying time. It went on smooth and pretty, but by 9 pm tonight, three nails are peeling nicely and two others are already showing some lift at the edge. I realize that natural nails don't hold color nearly as well as artificial ones, but really now. This stuff didn't even last a full 24 hours before looking like caca. I'll keep wearing them until I use up the bottles, and then it's back to OPI for me.

Maybe they make garbage nail polishes especially for the Russian market. I was not impressed with this nail polish at all. It peels off and the oil starts separating from the rest of the nail polish in the bottle very fast. I understand that those are essential oils, but they are not supposed to separate from the nail polish just a month after the bottle is opened, are they? I will not buy this again.

I have several colors, including Lagoon. The bottle is just so chic! For under $5, you get a superior polish that goes on in a thin but even layer, with no bubbling or weirdness. With a super-high shine. My hands are in water a lot and this does last several days for me.

I was skeptical about this nail polish because I don't really care for Avon makeup, however I was pleasantly surprised. It has excellent shine and staying power. The polish alone looks like it has a clear top coat on it. I have cotton candy and sheer pale pink - two great pink shades. Much better than the other "average" or low priced products out there.

Loads of colors, and Avon always coordinates it with matching lipcolors, and sometimes has limited edition ones to go with le Glazewears. i LOVE the bottle, and these don't dry tackily or get weird and goopy during the drying or application process. They keep well over a long period of time, too. IMO, these just blow OPI away, and have a much better color selection.

I love this nail polish. It lasts much longer than most brands i have tried, it comes in tons of colors, and you can almost always get a great deal on it!

Popular Polishes