Avon Nailwear Nail Enamel

Nailwear Nail Enamel

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/17/2009 7:48:00 PM

I loved the reviewer below me said. This nail polish is amazing. The brush is amazing which makes the application very easy, the quality is amazing. The polish is so pigmented that one coat is more than enough. This is really comparable to the really expensive brands like OPI as this is only 3 dollars a bottle. It drys pretty quickly. I love this nail polish. I only got it in Retro Rose which is exactly what I have been looking for and I don't even have to buy one from the OPI Retro series.

on 4/16/2007 5:15:00 AM

Funny how this product seems to be love-it or hate-it! Avon Nailwear polishes wear very well for me. I like the application, the consistency, and the pretty colours. I must note, however, that I have not tried the Avon Nailwear base and top coats; I use the ones I have found to work best for me (Orly Bonder base coat and Seche Vite top coat), which make almost all nail polishes wear excellently on me.

Once in a while, I will get an Avon with a wonky brush (usually it is bent), but due to the nice consistency of the polish itself, it doesn't really affect application for me. Granted, it's annoying, so I have only given a rating of 3 for packaging quality.

My favourite Avon colours include Rave, Ruby Slipper, Spring Fling, Dusky Cherry, Dynamo, Mauve Sparkle, Deluxe Chocolate, Rhinestone Rose, Sheer Solar Rose, and Spring Copper. I've got photos of these in my PhotoBucket album (link in my notepad). I admit that I buy a lot of Avon polishes because they're always "on sale" for CAD$2.99, which is pretty cheap! (Oh, one more thing... I do not work for and never have worked for Avon!)

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'll give these the benefit of the doubt since most others seem to really like these polishes, but the two bottles I've tried have left quite a bit to be desired. They either were old bottles to begin with, or they went bad very, very fast. The first couple of uses were about average--okay texture, only slight chipping within the week. But after that, I have goopy, thick polish that I just can't work with, and I have to wonder if this stuff ever really hardens. I left my fingers alone for two hours after I finished polishing in my normal way, and I still ended up with lines, smudges, and creases. The colors I got were nice (I got two sheer, natural colors), but I won't be repurchasing from this line. I'll finish the bottles and reserve them for use on my toes where the smudges and such aren't as obvious and bothersome.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just swapped for a nailwear in Ocean (no longer available) and based on the quality alone I will buy as many as I can. I am an OPI fanatic and Nailwear offers the same quality as the higher end polishes. As for the color, it's gorgeous! A beautiful oceany blue with just a hint of teal. I've had so many compliments already. I use OPI's basecoat for natural nails and it's been on my toes for almost 2 weeks with no chips. I'm adding this to my wishlist immediately!

on 3/22/2003 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great color selection! In my experience, nailwear lasts really well and is easy to apply. I buy my colors when they are on sale and I love every one :-)

Popular Polishes