Avon Nailwear Nail Enamel

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Avon makes my most favorite nail varnishes. I love the color Cotton Candy from the Pro line. It's the perfect pink! I'm pretty hard on my nails and I have 2 small children, and this takes a lot punches before it starts to chip. I have several shades and always mix and match and change it up. They are great value to. Sometimes you can get 2 for 6 bucks. Amazing.

Pleasantly surprised
I have this in grace which is a taupe tan color like iced coffee and I mixed it with a bit of french tip white to get a lighter color and its a nice neutral nail polish that is new new favorite
however the tips of my nails did chip sooner than with other nail polishes and this polish is a bit runny and watery but after I mixed it with another nail polish it turned into a lovely colour

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this in Textured Teal--OMG! What a beautiful color! Not teal at all--I'd call it navy. It is rich, and dark, and gorgeous. One coat covers, but I'll still use two. This is not a novelty/trashy/cheap color, it reminds me of the nail color palettes from the 1940s.

ETA on June 12:
I painted my toenails with two coats on June 3rd,
with no base or top coat, and it still looks good
and I've only had one tiny chip. Since the 3rd, in
addition to bathing, I've soaked my feet, worn
closed-toe shoes, and even cut the grass in sandals.
I did add a 3rd coat a couple days ago, but I'm
usually so rough on my hands and feet that I have
to start over with fresh polish every couple days...

ETA June 21:
Still wearing the June 3rd Textured Teal on my
toes--it has not chipped on the ends, and I do add
a fresh layer every 4-6 days or so, because my nails
are growing so fast. I'm really loving my dark blue
toenails--they look so freakin' sexy with high heel
sandals.

ETA June 25:
I finally removed the polish because my nails
were getting too long & I had to trim them...

ETA July 10th:
Bought another bottle in Cherries Jubilee & have
worn it on my toes since June 30th, with no chips
or need to reapply. This color is beautiful, but
2 coats is not enough to make it opaque.

on 7/11/2009 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have it in Petunia and it looks great on my skin. As others have said it peels off and sort of feels rubbery the first couple of hours after applying. The colour choices are nice. I dont like the brush, its too small. Also the polish gets sticky and thick after a while so its harder to apply. Overall, its average polish but i prefer other brands cause im too lazy to order it now (before my mom did it for me)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

This review is for the 2009 re-formulation.

I think Im in love. Avon have reformulated their Nailwear range, so naturally I needed to check it out.

The formula is smooth to apply and is quick to dry. As the colour is highly pigmented you really only need one coat and it dries quickly (within three minutes). The new formula contains diamond dust and acrylic, to make the polish more hardwearing and to protect your nails.

The updated brush rod has channels along the whole length: so the brush wont be overloaded with polish = no messy glops or drips. The brush is now wider, so it takes only two strokes to evenly paint the nail.

Using my usual base & top coats this polish will last me around 2/3 days with only minimal wear; but Im tough on my nails (self powered wheelchair user), so it will probably last longer on other people.

Avons new-look Nailwear has exceeded my expectations; Im loving it. Ive always found Avon to be hit and miss quality wise, but this range is in the keeper category. The new formula is the same fantastic quality as is double-the-price contenders.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

A great find in inexpensive polish (usually on sale for $2.99). I have this in Real Red, which is a bright WARM Valentine red that isn't too garish for my NC15 hands (a rare thing, since most true bright reds make me look ready for the morgue). Application is excellent, smooth and streak-free, with full coverage in two coats and a high-gloss finish. My one quibble: The narrow bottle is a bit tippy -- I've already knocked it over once.

on 4/16/2007 5:15:00 AM

Funny how this product seems to be love-it or hate-it! Avon Nailwear polishes wear very well for me. I like the application, the consistency, and the pretty colours. I must note, however, that I have not tried the Avon Nailwear base and top coats; I use the ones I have found to work best for me (Orly Bonder base coat and Seche Vite top coat), which make almost all nail polishes wear excellently on me.

Once in a while, I will get an Avon with a wonky brush (usually it is bent), but due to the nice consistency of the polish itself, it doesn't really affect application for me. Granted, it's annoying, so I have only given a rating of 3 for packaging quality.

My favourite Avon colours include Rave, Ruby Slipper, Spring Fling, Dusky Cherry, Dynamo, Mauve Sparkle, Deluxe Chocolate, Rhinestone Rose, Sheer Solar Rose, and Spring Copper. I've got photos of these in my PhotoBucket album (link in my notepad). I admit that I buy a lot of Avon polishes because they're always "on sale" for CAD$2.99, which is pretty cheap! (Oh, one more thing... I do not work for and never have worked for Avon!)

on 2/18/2006 11:10:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

So many reasons to like this nail polish. It is always on sale, great color selection, chip resistant and is formaldehyde and toluene free. Contains panthenol, calcium and diamond dust to strengthen nails.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got my first bottle of nailwear polish in a beautiful shade called Gourmet Red. It is a deep blood red color. I like how the bottle is square - so cute. I am curious as to why the brush is so short though. It made application a bit of a task. The wear was great and the color is just breathtaking. The best part is that I got it for only $2.10 total from the sales lady. I'll probably get more because I am impressed with the quality. UPDATE: Day 3 and it hasn't chipped yet! Even after doing dishes!

When I used to get manicures all the time on Chicago's Gold Coast, I would always ask the manicurist which was the best nail polish, they always said Avon, I swear. These women did the nails of all the rich and famous of Chicago, and they said Avon was superior to all other polishes. I have to agree, it is a great product, and it is on sale a lot, I only pay $2.95 a bottle or less!!

Popular Polishes