Avon Nailwear Nail Enamel

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/25/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my gran bought me these nail polishes, and i now have a large collection but with ALL of my newer polishes, after a bath, wash or a days wear they just peel off like skin. They are always dry before i bathe ect but still this happens! it is really annoying me because the colours are just stunning! they really dont last which is annoying :( Also the brushes arent brilliant as where they are so wirery, they leave grooves of where the brush has been. I would buy these again if they were to stop the peeling issue.

I have a bunch of avon nail polishes and I love them all! They do not chip, last super long, and leave a nice shine! In my opinion, its really hard to find a good yellow these days: sometimes they are neon, and others are like baby colours. The colour sunshine from avon is just perfect! I adore it as well as the colours retro rose, ruby slippers, and an older colour pixiedust (shimmery blue) which they don't make anymore. I'd reccomend this to anybody! Especially good on my damaged nails, because it is easy to remove.

I bought this in the Sunshine Yellow shade and it was crap. When I applied it, it didn't even color my nails! It was streaky and my nails were still like sticking out from under it. It's pretty much clear! It also took forever to dry. Don't buy this.

on 9/1/2009 7:24:00 PM

This product for me is distinctly average. I paint my nails pretty much every other day. I loved looking at the vibrant colours of these enamels. However, once I got them home they were not quite as bright and colourful as I thought they were going to be. The solution is very runny and even though i use top and base coats I have to use so many layers of colour that they end up staining my nails. I am not going to be buying this product again as I think there are other cheaper and more expensive products on the market that work a lot better.

on 8/10/2009 2:04:00 PM

I got this in Sunshine (a bright yellow). Must say the color is very strong, well pigmented and two coats is definitely enough coverage. Drying time was long and I woke up the next morning with smudges and marks but the tips haven't chipped at all! I've been wearing it for about 10 days now and will have to re-do because of growth.

Overall it's a great deal for $3CDN each and I'll definitely be trying other colors. It does have that rubbery feel when it's drying like previously mentioned

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got my first bottle of nailwear polish in a beautiful shade called Gourmet Red. It is a deep blood red color. I like how the bottle is square - so cute. I am curious as to why the brush is so short though. It made application a bit of a task. The wear was great and the color is just breathtaking. The best part is that I got it for only $2.10 total from the sales lady. I'll probably get more because I am impressed with the quality. UPDATE: Day 3 and it hasn't chipped yet! Even after doing dishes!

on 7/21/2002 11:48:00 PM

I would buy this product again because it's very cheap. However, I find the handle on the container to be a bit cumbersome. I also don't think that these polishes work well on fingernails where you can see them upclose. It tends to be slightly streaky. Looks better on toes. Good for the price though.

on 6/23/2002 5:09:00 PM

This is awesome for pedicures! I can get a weeks wear out of these polishes, where my OPI lasts only a couple days on my toe nails. I don't like this as much on my nails as my toes, but it is great for long lasting pedicures.

on 3/1/2002 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I love the colors, the staying power, the price! I hated the short bottles though, they were hard to handle, I'm glad they changed them.

When I used to get manicures all the time on Chicago's Gold Coast, I would always ask the manicurist which was the best nail polish, they always said Avon, I swear. These women did the nails of all the rich and famous of Chicago, and they said Avon was superior to all other polishes. I have to agree, it is a great product, and it is on sale a lot, I only pay $2.95 a bottle or less!!

Popular Polishes