Avon Nailwear Nail Enamel

Avon Nailwear Nail Enamel
Nailwear Nail Enamel

3.4

on 2/4/2015 10:53:00 AM

I used to buy these with my mom when she was in cancer treatment. They aren't as glam a name as OPI or Essie but WOW the quality! The coats are even, rich, true, and last quite a long time! These nail polishes come in tons of colors, and only one or two have ever stained my nails. I'm a student and a waitress, so my nails go through a lot, but these last the better part of a week without topcoat, and up to ten days with! They are my little secret. However, they aren't as glossy or striking as my favorites from Marc Jacobs beauty or OPI. I'd say a good staple to have, but not standout.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

total rubbish,nothing pro about this product
it goes on very thin and streaky and at the same time is very lumpy impossible to get an even finish,,,,,, no wonder so much avon make up ends up in charity shops...

I have a bunch of avon nail polishes and I love them all! They do not chip, last super long, and leave a nice shine! In my opinion, its really hard to find a good yellow these days: sometimes they are neon, and others are like baby colours. The colour sunshine from avon is just perfect! I adore it as well as the colours retro rose, ruby slippers, and an older colour pixiedust (shimmery blue) which they don't make anymore. I'd reccomend this to anybody! Especially good on my damaged nails, because it is easy to remove.

I have Avon's nail enamel in Tropical Punch, Rave and Retro Rose. The colors are very pretty and the formula is fantastic -- better than OPI or Essie. Really! I've worn Avon's nail enamel for up to 19 days without getting a chip. And that's on my toenails, during summer sandal season. With my OPI and Essie shades, I can't go more than 8 days without having to do a touch up. Avon's color selection isn't as wide, but they do offer a good variety of classic and trendy shades. If you can catch a sale, these can be ridiculously cheap.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this in Textured Teal--OMG! What a beautiful color! Not teal at all--I'd call it navy. It is rich, and dark, and gorgeous. One coat covers, but I'll still use two. This is not a novelty/trashy/cheap color, it reminds me of the nail color palettes from the 1940s.

ETA on June 12:
I painted my toenails with two coats on June 3rd,
with no base or top coat, and it still looks good
and I've only had one tiny chip. Since the 3rd, in
addition to bathing, I've soaked my feet, worn
closed-toe shoes, and even cut the grass in sandals.
I did add a 3rd coat a couple days ago, but I'm
usually so rough on my hands and feet that I have
to start over with fresh polish every couple days...

ETA June 21:
Still wearing the June 3rd Textured Teal on my
toes--it has not chipped on the ends, and I do add
a fresh layer every 4-6 days or so, because my nails
are growing so fast. I'm really loving my dark blue
toenails--they look so freakin' sexy with high heel
sandals.

ETA June 25:
I finally removed the polish because my nails
were getting too long & I had to trim them...

ETA July 10th:
Bought another bottle in Cherries Jubilee & have
worn it on my toes since June 30th, with no chips
or need to reapply. This color is beautiful, but
2 coats is not enough to make it opaque.

I just got this nailwear in Lagoon and have it on now. I have small nails and it didn't go on very smoothly but when I tested it on my toe nail it was much better, so it was just me and my tiny fingernails. The second I saw this color I LOVED it. its so pretty and very true to color on the nail.
-Pamela

on 4/30/2008 9:27:00 PM

I loved the color but it peeled off to easily. It reminded me of the kiddie polish that rubs of for little girls. Gorgeous Cantalope color just no staying power on my nails because of the rubbery texture

Maybe they make garbage nail polishes especially for the Russian market. I was not impressed with this nail polish at all. It peels off and the oil starts separating from the rest of the nail polish in the bottle very fast. I understand that those are essential oils, but they are not supposed to separate from the nail polish just a month after the bottle is opened, are they? I will not buy this again.

I purchased this in Heather, a soft peachy color. I can't seem to get this stuff on right. It clumps on the nail and leaves bare patches with no color at all. The only way to get the color to look somewhat unified is to apply THREE coats. Then it looks thick and ugly. I would be willing to try this product again but maybe in a darker color to see if that works better. It's not going to cost anything additional because Avon guarantees all of their products. They do have a nice selection of colors, which makes me want to give it another try. For $2.99 (sale price) it's worth another shot.

I LOVE the Nailwear. Better than Speed Dry. The first day after a full manicure I got a chip and follwing within 7 days I have made in all 2 touch-ups! I love the new bottle and now I am buying them like crazy, all the colors are cool I still love my OPI but these are just AS GOOD! I get them on sale and the collection is growing.

Popular Polishes