Avon Nailwear Nail Enamel

Avon Nailwear Nail Enamel
Nailwear Nail Enamel

3.6

on 5/30/2011 5:30:00 AM

I really wanted to love this polish - I bought it in romance, a lovely smokey purple. On application, it took so long to dry that my right hand was weirdly smudged when I wore rubber loves an hou after application, and my left thumb peeled away two hours later when I was fishing in my handbag for my travel card. Polish that doesn't dry after two hours? Not good, won't buy again. It's a shame, the colour was fab!

on 9/23/2009 10:27:00 AM

I have tried many nail polishes and this comes out 5 star all round! The packaging is sleek and classy and the bottle a simple yet stylish design. The lid/applicator wand is excellent length to hold and the brush perfectly coats one nail in one sweep. The formula is amazing - 2 coats is enough for a thick glossy finish. It dries really quickly for a regular nail polish (ie not a speed dry product). It has a very glossy finish and it lasts pretty much imaculate for over a week! It doesnt chip, it stays looking as good as new! My favourite shade is Midnight Plum - I bought it when an offer was on for only 3 but its only about 6 full price anyway - a bargain! I spent load more on Chanels Nail Polish in the famous Rouge Noir shade which was dissapointing-it chipped and lost its shine and didnt compare in anyway to my Avon one! It is an absolute bargain & an absolute winner in my opinion!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

About average nail polish... Fine smooth texture. Average lasting power. Not quite resistant.

What the CRAP is up with the brushes in these things?! The colors are great and seem to really last but every.single.bottle has had a bent/curved brush. Maybe it's just my luck but it's enough to turn me off.

on 4/14/2008 1:23:00 AM

I really like the colour (one of the mauve shades) of this and the length of time it stayed on. However, I was initially not impressed that it took ages to dry when applied and I had to keep re-doing my toe nails as they kept smudging. After wearing for about 3 weeks it took a good 10 minutes to get rid of this product with nail polish remover and my toes nails are very stained. Think I will stick with Revlon, L'Oreal and Maybelline ones in the future.

Maybe they make garbage nail polishes especially for the Russian market. I was not impressed with this nail polish at all. It peels off and the oil starts separating from the rest of the nail polish in the bottle very fast. I understand that those are essential oils, but they are not supposed to separate from the nail polish just a month after the bottle is opened, are they? I will not buy this again.

on 2/18/2006 11:10:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

So many reasons to like this nail polish. It is always on sale, great color selection, chip resistant and is formaldehyde and toluene free. Contains panthenol, calcium and diamond dust to strengthen nails.

on 2/5/2006 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this nail polish! I purchased the Nailwear in Mulberry and it lasted a week before it started chipping. The color is a pretty mauvey rose and it remained shiny the whole time. I can't believe the quality for such a cheap price. I ordered a couple more of these polishes for my mother and me. I hope that Avon never discontinues this formula.

on 7/20/2005 11:31:00 AM

this is the only brand of nail polish i use now. doesn't chip or crack. lasts for several days. what i do is, i put a new layer on top about every week or so, and it lasts until i take it off w/ nail polish remover. and the price is just right.

I have several colors, including Lagoon. The bottle is just so chic! For under $5, you get a superior polish that goes on in a thin but even layer, with no bubbling or weirdness. With a super-high shine. My hands are in water a lot and this does last several days for me.

Popular Polishes