Laura Mercier Lip Glace - Baby Doll

Laura Mercier Lip Glace - Baby Doll

3.9

on 6/17/2013 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This beautiful, milky warm pink is the perfect pick me up for any face in my opinion. The lustrous finish and subtle silver shimmer is very feminine without looking remotely hookerish. This is my go to gloss which I can eat and drink in without it smearing all over my face. It also photographs wonderfully even in dingy bar lighting.

The wear time is great but it is on the stickier side. When I wear this (20, blonde, blue eyes, NW 10) I very frequently get asked by women of all ages what I am wearing. Even my mothers friends have picked it up! I also like that it doesn't get skummy over time AND it smells and tastes delicious in comparison to something like Nars. Worth every penny! :)

I received this gloss in a Sephora lip set. The packaging is really clean and professional, and the color is a medium pink with silver sparkles in it. I thought the gloss was flattering and pretty, and it smells like cake! YUM!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a beautiful line of lip glosses, and this color is something special also. The formula is moisturizing and sticky enough to last for awhile. Also, it is a nice pink that brightens up your face without making it look like "whoa, shiny pink lips." A very tasteful make up addition.

I like the way Laura Mercier feels on the lips. I think that this is her best color. I use a lip liner that matches my lips, with this gloss on top. It is a nice natural look.

on 10/18/2012 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got a sample size of this in Sephora Give Me Some Lip lip set. This is an OK color, and feels nice, but as others have mentioned, it is just kind of "ordinary." The color is pretty sheer and fades fast. I'm picky about lip gloss and it has to either feel great or have some color to be worth it to me. This one isn't. I do love the chic packaging and I think this color would work on many people if you are looking for something very subtle. It had a strong scent at first, but it quickly fades.

A sales associate at the Laura Mercier counter swathed this over a lip color that just wasn't working for me in order to brighten up my lips. "Baby Doll" is a light, iridescent milky pink with a warm undertone. The texture is slightly sticky but not overwhelmingly so. This is a very neutral color that would literally work on everyone. I've tried many lip glosses at the drug store and the department store. Laura Mercier's are a favorite of mine. The light vanilla scent is an added bonus. Wear time is like most glosses - rather limited. Won't deter me from checking out other colors.

on 3/21/2010 12:35:00 PM

Far too pink and bright for me. The SA tried it on with a brush it looked OK and when I put it on at home without the brush it looked far too "barbie pink" (I am NC15). It smells horrible, unbearablel!

It is not sticky and it has a good staying power. But it is nowhere near what I like in a gloss (Chanel is pure perfection). Would not recommend.

Let me start by saying, I never would have picked out this color gloss on my own. I tend to wear the bronze-y corals, the sun-kissed tones, or soft ice shimmery pinks. (Im so glad you girls are reading this, because my husband has no idea there any lipstick shades besides red or pink, ha!) But, I was getting my makeup done for an event and wanted something a little more fun. Well the MUA reached for this Baby Doll gloss and my first thought was oh. Too pink. Well, then she put it on. And my face looked so young and alive, girlish and feminine without looking ridiculous. I wear most of the Laura Mercier glosses over my lipstick, but this one I wear all on its own, for a dash of feminine color. Its sheer without being at all shimmery, lush without being saturated. My lips just look sexy and kissable. I dont wear it to work every day, but when I wear pink or a very feminine outfit, it just looks dazzling. I am very light blond and I think this is an awesome color for a summer blond!