Laura Mercier Lip Glace - Baby Doll

Laura Mercier Lip Glace - Baby Doll

3.6

Let me start by saying, I never would have picked out this color gloss on my own. I tend to wear the bronze-y corals, the sun-kissed tones, or soft ice shimmery pinks. (Im so glad you girls are reading this, because my husband has no idea there any lipstick shades besides red or pink, ha!) But, I was getting my makeup done for an event and wanted something a little more fun. Well the MUA reached for this Baby Doll gloss and my first thought was oh. Too pink. Well, then she put it on. And my face looked so young and alive, girlish and feminine without looking ridiculous. I wear most of the Laura Mercier glosses over my lipstick, but this one I wear all on its own, for a dash of feminine color. Its sheer without being at all shimmery, lush without being saturated. My lips just look sexy and kissable. I dont wear it to work every day, but when I wear pink or a very feminine outfit, it just looks dazzling. I am very light blond and I think this is an awesome color for a summer blond!

on 6/17/2013 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This beautiful, milky warm pink is the perfect pick me up for any face in my opinion. The lustrous finish and subtle silver shimmer is very feminine without looking remotely hookerish. This is my go to gloss which I can eat and drink in without it smearing all over my face. It also photographs wonderfully even in dingy bar lighting.

The wear time is great but it is on the stickier side. When I wear this (20, blonde, blue eyes, NW 10) I very frequently get asked by women of all ages what I am wearing. Even my mothers friends have picked it up! I also like that it doesn't get skummy over time AND it smells and tastes delicious in comparison to something like Nars. Worth every penny! :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a beautiful line of lip glosses, and this color is something special also. The formula is moisturizing and sticky enough to last for awhile. Also, it is a nice pink that brightens up your face without making it look like "whoa, shiny pink lips." A very tasteful make up addition.

on 10/18/2012 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got a sample size of this in Sephora Give Me Some Lip lip set. This is an OK color, and feels nice, but as others have mentioned, it is just kind of "ordinary." The color is pretty sheer and fades fast. I'm picky about lip gloss and it has to either feel great or have some color to be worth it to me. This one isn't. I do love the chic packaging and I think this color would work on many people if you are looking for something very subtle. It had a strong scent at first, but it quickly fades.

A sales associate at the Laura Mercier counter swathed this over a lip color that just wasn't working for me in order to brighten up my lips. "Baby Doll" is a light, iridescent milky pink with a warm undertone. The texture is slightly sticky but not overwhelmingly so. This is a very neutral color that would literally work on everyone. I've tried many lip glosses at the drug store and the department store. Laura Mercier's are a favorite of mine. The light vanilla scent is an added bonus. Wear time is like most glosses - rather limited. Won't deter me from checking out other colors.

on 11/13/2014 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The color of this gloss was ok on me. Honestly, I just couldn't get over the scent. This has such an artificial vanilla smell that makes me gag. It was like having a yankee candle on my lips all day. I just can't do it. Will never get another gloss from Laura Mercier anytime soon.

I received this gloss in a Sephora lip set. The packaging is really clean and professional, and the color is a medium pink with silver sparkles in it. I thought the gloss was flattering and pretty, and it smells like cake! YUM!

I like the way Laura Mercier feels on the lips. I think that this is her best color. I use a lip liner that matches my lips, with this gloss on top. It is a nice natural look.

on 11/25/2012 9:24:00 PM

Just got this as a sample when I purchased my Laura Mercier cake eyeliner (which I have yet to try) and so far I really like it. The smell is nice, and its a pretty nude color with slight shimmer that doesn't make you look like a dead person! I will repurchase it when it runs out!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Received a sample size of LM's Baby Doll lip glace as part of a Sephora value set ("Give Me Some Lip"). I was generally underwhelmed by the lip glosses included, even this one. The texture and taste didn't bother me (I kind of like the taste/smell actually), but the color was disappointing (way too sheer). It looks ok as a neutral gloss over a more pigmented lipstick, but for the price of a full sized tube ($25), you'd do just as well with any lip gloss, particularly one with some shimmer. I wear it over MAC's Hug Me lipstick with Hover lipliner, but again, any old pinkish gloss would do just as well.