Laura Mercier Lip Glace - Baby Doll

Laura Mercier Lip Glace - Baby Doll

2.9

on 11/13/2014 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The color of this gloss was ok on me. Honestly, I just couldn't get over the scent. This has such an artificial vanilla smell that makes me gag. It was like having a yankee candle on my lips all day. I just can't do it. Will never get another gloss from Laura Mercier anytime soon.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Received a sample size of LM's Baby Doll lip glace as part of a Sephora value set ("Give Me Some Lip"). I was generally underwhelmed by the lip glosses included, even this one. The texture and taste didn't bother me (I kind of like the taste/smell actually), but the color was disappointing (way too sheer). It looks ok as a neutral gloss over a more pigmented lipstick, but for the price of a full sized tube ($25), you'd do just as well with any lip gloss, particularly one with some shimmer. I wear it over MAC's Hug Me lipstick with Hover lipliner, but again, any old pinkish gloss would do just as well.

A sales associate at the Laura Mercier counter swathed this over a lip color that just wasn't working for me in order to brighten up my lips. "Baby Doll" is a light, iridescent milky pink with a warm undertone. The texture is slightly sticky but not overwhelmingly so. This is a very neutral color that would literally work on everyone. I've tried many lip glosses at the drug store and the department store. Laura Mercier's are a favorite of mine. The light vanilla scent is an added bonus. Wear time is like most glosses - rather limited. Won't deter me from checking out other colors.

Lovely colours, lovely texture, lovely smell.. in fact lovely stuff all round!! Expensive but so worth it.

on 4/22/2010 11:46:00 PM

I got this because it was part of LM's Spring 2010 Must Have Collection for Saks. This is a very sheer iridescent bright pink. I am NC35/LM TM Sand and have dark lips. So on me, it's just a nice youngish girly shiny lipgloss. To me, it doesnt look any different from something a quarter of the price like Revlon's Shine That Pink lipgloss in their Superlustrous line.
Has a faint smell that reminds me of a combination of caramel candy & plastic. continued >>

on 3/21/2010 12:35:00 PM

Far too pink and bright for me. The SA tried it on with a brush it looked OK and when I put it on at home without the brush it looked far too "barbie pink" (I am NC15). It smells horrible, unbearablel!

It is not sticky and it has a good staying power. But it is nowhere near what I like in a gloss (Chanel is pure perfection). Would not recommend.

on 7/1/2009 2:26:00 PM

This is a very pretty subtle pink. It basically just enhances your own color and adds shimmer. It brightens your face, but is not a lot of color like the Rose glace is. I really like it, but I like the pink Grapefruit from Bath and Bodyworks just as well, about 15.00 cheaper.