OPI Otherwise Engaged

Otherwise EngagedOPI Otherwised Engaged

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

Otherwise Engaged is a lovely iridescent pale pink.Two coats look great.This goes on very smooth with no streaking.I really love this color on my pale cool hands.This is a good my nails but better polish.

on 3/28/2016 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Comparison of some soft shades; 2 are iridescent. I have reviewed all of them on MUA:

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

If you like the idea of Bubble Bath, maybe even tried it, and thought... "Eh - what's the big deal...." or "Little boring for me", then consider a little iridescence to spice things up and add a little mystery, but still remain proper and polished. Enter: Otherwise Engaged (and Altar Ego)!

The beauty of this shade is that it is probably lighter than your skin tone, so you'll appear tanner than you actually are. Otherwise Engaged is a natural base that has this slight flash of pink iridescence. It's subtle, and lovely. It's like giving yourself something to play with all day, catching the flash in different lighting.

Use a base coat and a steady hand with a consistent amount of polish to reduce streaking. I think two light coats is ideal. You still have VNL, and see the color. Some have stated the "fake nails look"... I feel like when it is opaque (3 coats), it is no longer flattering, and yeah does look fake or just odd. But one or two coats gives healthy looking nails with a little umph!

So, if you like blue-based pinks, try Altar Ego. If you like warm pinks, try Otherwise Engaged. If you like both, honestly, get them both. If you can only buy one: get Altar Ego.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Such a pretty neutral! On my NC15 skin it looks slightly lighter, very fresh and good for all year round. I love to wear this when I'm tired of wearing colors and need an alternative. Soft cool-toned transparent pink (almost iridescent). I use two layers, but it looks good with one too - good formula and non-streaky. Would be a perfect 'classic' bridal shade too!

on 4/13/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

My favourite nude nail polish! It last really long, it covers well - I normally use two coatings and then top it with a topcoat but if I only use one layer it covers nicely as well.. I just prefer that the nail polish is not see through which is why I normally use two.

on 4/9/2012 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This was my first opi nail polish. The color is pretty, sheer cool toned pink with subtle lavender sheen, beautiful on fair skin. Looks polished and chick like french manicure. I like the wide brush and overall packaging feels quite sturdy.
But there are downsides too: the color is very sheer. It takes three coats to get the effect I want. Second: too streaky for my liking. Although it's beautiful and I don't regret having it I believe there are better alternatives out there.

on 3/22/2012 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A gorgeous, wearable pink. Cool toned and not super sheer ( but not opaque either, they are sheers, just not so sheer that you think they are clear.) Ballet-like, shiny, great alone or for French. Perfect for a wedding.

on 6/23/2011 10:15:00 PM

This is how I always wanted my nails to look naturally. It lets the bright whites of my nails show through while minimizing the redness of the rest of my nails. Gorgeous. Absolutely a HG polish.

Note that when my profile says "pale" skin, I have the palest of pale skins. I use the lightest color anyone's got of any makeup. This color was delicate enough to not make my nails the same color as my fingertips, which is just nasty.

I don't really notice the lilac sheen to it that others mention, but that could be due to the cheapo fast-dry topcoat I put on (Sally Hansen InstaDri).

Application was kinda goopy, but the little streakyness there was evened itself out. That's the main reason I deducted 1 lipstick was the thickness. Other OPIs definitely have better/thinner application texture without being like Essie (basically water). But considering I got this on extra-extra sale at a drugstore, it may just be an older bottle.

Love thus color! It's a sheer pink with opalescent lilac undertones. Beautiful! I find it much easier to apply then any Essie pale pink polish. I have to apply three coats, but it's just gorgeous once opaque!

on 2/5/2011 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I'm a sucker for opalescent pinks, so I couldn't pass this up. This one is just a little too sheer for me. I layer it over an opaque pink creme to get the look I want.

This is a great sheer... I find it to be very unique :) It is a light pink with purple flash that looks awesome on my NC20 skin tone. I like it a bit more opaque so it is 3 coats for me, but it is pretty easy to apply and wears really well.

I love the purple flash in it for the spring. It gives that cool contrast that just looks fresh. Definitely worth a try and lovely for layering.

Popular Polishes