Maybelline Moisture Extreme - Cherry Brown

No Image

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have spent tons of money trying to find a replacement for this lipstick since it was discontinued and have a box full of lipsticks that were not quite as close. I finally found a perfect replacement today at Sally Beauty Supply!! Palladio Chianti Herbal Lipstick Hl867!! I'm so happy!! :-D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My favorite lipstick EVER!! i'm a red lipstick junkie and, throughout the years, i've discovered that there are a lot of 'red' lipsticks that just end up looking orangey or pinkish on me--not this one! it's a gorgeous deep sexy red, the texture is smooth and luscious and stays that way all day. the minute i put it on, i feel like a hollywood starlet. I love this shade so much; it's one of the beauty products i hoard (i always do that with make up i love because it seems like as soon as i discover something fantastic, it gets discontinued).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

LOVE, LOVE this lipstick!!!!!!! It's moisturizing and the color is absolutely BEAUTIFUL on me. It's a blue-based red, which blends very, very well with my skin tone. It's discontinued, so if you want to buy it, you will have to buy it on eBay.

on 3/25/2009 1:00:00 AM

Really? I have several colors of Moisture Extreme, but was scared about the color of this one. I have medium skin tone, and when I saw this, I thought it would look like somebody punched me on the lips :D I went to Maybelline's My Color Advisor, and this was one of the shades recommended for me :-)

Don't let the cheap price and the goth-look in the tube scare you - this is a lovely cherry-brick color, without a hint of pink, that looks absolutely divine on. Appropriate for work or a night out - has that classic, red-lips glamour look to it, without being hookerish.

The color appears almost black in the tube, but goes on pretty sheer, actually. I was very surprised.

This also seems to have good staying power - I used a bit of pressed powder on my lips prior to application, and it hasn't moved throughout a cup of coffee. I'm impressed.

I do use Carmex or similar at least an hour or so prior to application - then I wipe off the excess - helps to keep these pigmented lipcolors from drying my lips out.