MAC Lipglass in Desire

No Image

4.1

on 1/31/2017 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was reading reviews for this where a lot of people with me coloring said it was ok, a lot of "it felt offs" and a few "wows". I fall into the ok pile. The color is not too deep for me at all. It is just kind of a boring reddish burgundy. Applied softly, it is a nice mulberry lip look. Applied heavier it is a deeper, juicier burgundy/cranberry type of shade on me. It never looks like too much. The problem I had with this besides the color looking just kind of there on me, is the way it applied. Back in the day I LIVED in Lovechild and Pop Mode lipglasses. They were sultry lip perfection. With Pop Mode gone, I thought this would be the next best substitute. But, Desire just never applied as nicely as Pop Mode did. It would look a little patchy. It always looked a touch messy. Now maybe I am way more critical now then I used to be, but Pop Mode always felt so perfect and never seemed so messy, it was very opaque and offered even coverage. Desire never made me look at my lips and think "oh yeah". Desire looks oxblood dark in the tube, but on the lips, I find it quite tame. And it would look lovely over burgundy matte liptsicks. I was looking to wear this alone and it just isn't rocking my world. I am nw20, deep winter, almost black hair, brown eyes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to like this color so badly! It came with a gift set. The quality is good and consistent with other MAC lipglasses: good pigmentation, high-gloss finish, and good lasting power. However, the color did not work for me. Strange, because most deep berry/wine colors work well on me. This looked good on my mother who is much darker than me with her deep, yet cool toned skin. On my fair-beige skin, this color seemed to wash me out and was one-dimensional on me. I usually like deep colors too and many seem to work for me, but perhaps if "Desire" had a redder undertone on me, it would be more flattering. Based on this, I wouldn't purchase this for myself. However, I would recommend it to many others who it may work for.

on 8/22/2012 8:40:00 PM

I just bought this lipglass. Its has a beautiful plummy burgundy shade and the color is totally buildable. I am paler than NW 15(I mix my foundation with a white foundation) and I don't mind putting this much dark color on my lips. Its all about the taste and style. If you like dark plummy shades I say go for this one. If you tone down the eyes It look so feminine. I like to use this lipglass with my MAC Vino lip pencil

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

For reference, I'm NW45/NC50/Revlon ColorStay Cappucino with full pigmented lips. I would supposed this color would flatter all shades, but it would be a bit dark on fairer skin tones. I love the color. It has a cranberry color that gives me moderate coverage. It is not as a dramatic lip color for me, because of my deep skin color.

I don't know if I would buy it again. I love the color, but NYX's Garnet is practically a dupe for this color (at least, on my lips, it is) at the fraction of the cost. But NYX wears pretty good, but not as long as MAC.

on 8/21/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I found desire to be a very deep, plummy berry/wine colour with just a hint of shimmer, the perfect combo of red and plum. I'm an NC35 and I need to apply this lightly (it's one of those colours that really gets darker the more you apply). I can also only wear this in the fall/winter months because it's just too dark for spring/summer. It is truly a nice berry lipgloss but I can deff see it not working for people who apply too much, who have fair skin or are faint hearted when it comes to their lip colours! Overall a nice shade to have around and as usual, great scent and lasting power courtesy of MAC!

on 4/12/2011 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This color is just the right level of drama for my NC30 skin-I could see this being a little bit scary if you're much lighter than that. I like that there's no shimmer with this, it sort of reminds me of the original version of Chanel's Vamp Nail Polish. I took off a lippie because I find with this color, you have to really glop it on to get it to the color in the tube, which I haven't found to be true with other lipglasses, and the consistency is already pretty syrupy. I'm pretty sure I'll repurchase though.

on 3/9/2011 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a NC42 with pretty pigmented lips and this color is a nice dark berry color. The lasting power is great and the pigmentation is awesome. No shimmer at all. Great lipglass for all year round.

on 11/4/2010 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have pale NC25 skin and this looks beautiful on my lips over a deep burgundy lipstick. It's a sheer but buildable dark wine gloss that can be worn on its own for a "bitten lip" effect, or over other colors. The problem with it worn alone is it can set into cracks/fine lines and bleed like crazy (an issue I haven't had with any other lip product), while still looking glossy and shiny, which makes it look like you applied it badly in the first place. That's why I prefer it over dark red/wine/burgundy/berry lipsticks, it just adds that extra bit of glamourous drama. I've read it's not particularly recommended for pale skintones but rather for darker ones where it stands out a little less, but I disagree, I think it looks just gorgeous on fair complexions, giving them that sort of mysterious/vampy look. Would repurchase.

i got this from a gal friend who found the colour too dark for her and gave it to me on a whim while we were touching up in the ladies. prob wouldn't suit you if your skin was pale or fair, but on medium skin tones would work well. i'm a big fan of plums and purples and this is no exception. it makes my lips look good - without the need for a liner or anything else. the lovely smell is a plus.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Desire is such a beautiful deep wine color. With one coat, this lip glass creates a nice plum color. With more coats, it creates a more vampy look. I love it! I like the lipstick for fall and winter, but switch to the lip glass for the spring and summer months when I want a darker color, but more lightweight coverage.