Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold
Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP GoldSuper Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP GoldSuper Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

4.3

on 10/27/2017 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wanted to love this product. I tried it on and off in spurts over the last 6 months, so this isn't some "I tried it for a week!" review.

No matter the season I couldn't get it work for me. Lately, I had ran out of my HG bb, but had this so I used it. Then, I remembered why I stopped. Sadly, this formula flares up my general and cystic acne. I have about 5 big red dots on my face.

The coverage is quick thick but not too heavy, blends/adjusts into my skin tone, and does a good job of hiding imperfections. However, Skin79's VIP Gold doesn't last long, even with powder. Within a few hours the spots reappear. While it's initial coverage is great, sometimes if my skin is dry it has a tendency to accentuate patches.

This product seems to really sit into the skin so I'd caution the acne prone. Washing my face couldn't seem to prevent the irritations this product ended up causing me.

I really, REALLY wanted to love this! With all the hype around it, I had big hopes of replacing my No.7 BB Cream.

Packaging makes it look a bit cheap/tacky from the first off, and I wasn't keen on the pump application or knowing how much you have left.

It applies an almost greyish colour, providing a light coverage. It made me look washed out and ill, it didn't last all that long at all either.

With all the BB creams out there, I don't see the attraction to this at all. Really disappointed!

on 3/26/2016 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this product for a couple of months now and would say it is the closest to hg I have found so far in the arena of bb cream and foundation. The consistency is quite thick, I've used my fingers, a flat brush and some other foundation brush that I don't know the name of (kind of long, pretty thin and tapers at the top to a curved point) with success though I prefer my fingers or the flathead as they spread more evenly. I've tried using it with a damp blending sponge which I didn't particularly like as it spreads the product too thin.

Coverage wise this stuff works pretty well, I'd say with one layer it is somewhere between light and medium and after a second application a good medium. It covers redness and evens skin tone well, does a good job disguising spots- they are a lot less visible and far less red but you can still see them a bit which I can deal with (have all sorts of problems using dedicated spot concealers so I skip that). The one thing I don't like about this is the fact that it's only available in one shade. Although it does match me extremely well (I'm NC15 if not lighter/whiter, think casper), I think it leaves me looking a bit washed out so I top it off with some coloured mineral powder and a bit of bronzer just so I look alive. I'd tag this as more of a base/primer than a bb cream that you can just smack on and leave the house with, though I do do this very occasionally if I'm just popping to the shop or having a cba day.

Packaging, oh the packaging. I had problems with the pump from the start and after a while disaster struck. Inside the gold outer shell there is a white container with a top that the gold bevel and pump sit on top of. Somehow, the product when pumped began to leak out inside the interior white top and the pump failed completely. Now I have to leave the packaging dismantled, screw the top off and take some product off the pump pipe itself in order to get any use of it. Really wish Skin79 would do something about this as I lost a decent amount of product in the aftermath, having to use a small spoon to decant the spillage back into the container.

The product smells quite strongly of spf and it's kind of florally? Not too offensive but not the best smell, kind of like a pensioner left in the sun slathered in Lancaster or something.

It feels nice on the skin, not greasy or too heavy though I am a little skeptical of the whole caviar thing. I would probably buy this again but I would prefer to find something a bit more readily available as I have to hunt eBay for a UK seller as ain't nobody got time to be waiting for this stuff to ship from Korea.

UPDATE

I have since ordered another bottle of this on which the pump has not yet failed so fingers crossed. Still really happy with it but I am trying new things purely because i don't like having to layer bronzer on top to give colour, still recommend!

UPDATE 2:

Pump failed on second bottle. Unfortunately now it's summer and I've recently started working in retail for the minute too so I'm on my feet all day rushing around which has caused my face to go full chip-pan, this bb cream is no longer a viable option for me but i'm sure it's near on perfect for others!

UPDATE 3:

Got this out again this morning to try as since I've stopped using it I haven't really found anything that smoothes out my skin as well. Instantly I notice how pink this pulls- i'm yellow toned but didn't really pay attention to that until after I stopped using this. I cannot understand how I thought I got away with this! My face itself is fairly neutral but my neck is strongly yellow and blending this down is still not the best. Going to try mixing this with a strong yellow biased concealer to see if i can get a better match.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Note: I use the new formula, the one with SPF 30.

5+ stars! This stuff is amazing! I was using mineral powder before but after starting a drying regimen I was forced to find something else. And man, did I find it! I am sorry for the unopened powder box I am afraid will not be used in the future because I don't think I'm going back. I have very light skin so it's a little bit dark for me but it blends well and you can't tell in the end because of the light particles. And talking of the light particles, this is great as an under-eye concealer too, much better than regular concealer. It's not because of the thickness, it's because of the way it reflects light. The entire skin is smoothed out and you look photoshopped, even with an uneven skin tone like mine. I can still see that there's something on my face though, but it's because my skin is so dry.

on 8/2/2015 12:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I like this BB. It's a classic goes on sort of thick and gray but adapts (some) and covers a lot of flaws I have the new version in the tube, with caviar and gold, so apparently it's less gray and more yellow.. This only comes in one shade is not for everyone, but it happens to work for me NC20. I took off a point because for that. I love it's thick and creamy and has great coverage. Doesn't irritate my skin. On a bad day makes me look like I have good skin. I have dry pale skin with a lot of redness around my nose from SF and dark circles. Large red areas are hard to cover if you are red. I picked this version, because a couple of NC20 people liked it and does not have triclosan (evil anti microbial that is banned many places and can lead to super bugs).. Said to have anti aging and whitening, but that is part is hard to judge. This has been reformulated and is no longer in one of those little cans and the shade is less gray and has some new ingredients. . I liked the cans. I thought the pink one looked like a tiny can of TAB. .Now it comes in gold tube with a nice pump.

I sometimes warm BB creams up on the back on my hand, as the heat melts it and they spread better. Often I justuse fingers and again the heat helps spread them. It will spread evenly. You could use a beauty blender or brush or puff though. This is thick going on and gray, but adapts and has some yellow undertones. The scent is very mild. It's buildable medium very decent coverage.. It makes my raw skin actually feel less irritated. It really covers up the redness, blurs pores. The finish is dewy but not super dewy. I think some combo skin types could wear it. I am dry and it works well for me and holds up to sunscreens. I hate anything that cakes up on me. It looks like makeup and feels like it, but not like heavy makeup.

I use ELDW 1C1, LM Silk in Cream Ivory, , Holilka Petit Moisture BB fits me, Hada Labo BB, Laneige cusion in light and like the forumlations of all those if that helps.

on 7/17/2014 9:54:00 PM

I received a generous sample size of this in a recent swap, and I am very pleased with it as I probably wouldn't have considered purchasing otherwise.

The color, the only shade available, is absolutely perfect for my neutral to warm NC15 skin (the Korean BB creams match pale skin so much better than the US brands) and can be built up over areas which need more coverage without looking cakey or settling into lines. However, coverage isn't great and I do find that it is on the sheer side. I have a couple of dark spots on my forehead which, although very faint, are still a little bit visible when I have applied this. I have no idea how some reviewers below consider this to be medium/full coverage.

I have noticed a very pleasant side effect to wearing this though - my skin looks a lot plumper and healthier, and I can see a much more radiant complexion especially in a morning. In addition, my skin does look amazing when this is freshly applied, dewy yet youthful. It doesn't last very long though, I have to really powder my face to make it stay a full workday and I can't imagine how quickly I would sweat this off when outside in the Florida humidity.

But I do really really like this BB cream and I am on the fence about whether to purchase the full size. I love the effect on my skin, but I would prefer it to last longer.

on 4/26/2014 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

If anyone wants medium coverage and hates cakeyness and NEEDS A NATURAL SKIN APPEARANCE, look no further.
for reference i am NW15

PROS:
-looks 100% natural. I seriously cannot get over how natural this looks on the skin whilst still evening my skintone out.
-medium-ish coverage. won't conceal crazy breakouts or dark spots, but if redness and light scars are your vices, this asian bb cream will knock your socks off
-feels amazing on the skin, truly creaming like skincare
-the finish is glowy-satin, but not overly shiny, and dries to a soft feel, not sticky or tacky if you touch it
-affordable!

CONS:
-you do need quite a bit of this product, a full pump and maybe a half if you blend all the way down your neck
-takes a bit to dry and oxidize
-only comes in one shade.
-only available online in USA Canada etc.

This is... different. In a good way, though. It scared me at first because it's very thick... I guess that's the right word to use. However, it glided on my face very smooth and for me was very easy to blend. The smell was very nice as well. Not at all overpowering. It feels great. Almost like I'm wearing nothing, but it's got coverage to it. I wouldn't say it's full on me right now, but I'm sure (as with most Skin79 B.B. creams) you could build it to be as such. All and all I am very pleased with this.

This just wasn't for me. It was too dark for my skin even after it had oxidised and made my skin extremely oily.

on 12/27/2013 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am so impressed with this BB cream!! I opted for the gold versus pink because my skin gets dry due to retin a and glycolic acid. I was pretty skeptical buying it off Amazon but thanks to MUA, I'm pretty sure I got the real thing. I was also leery about the shade since there is only one for this brand. My skin is probably best described as normal with dry patches and I wear C2 in MAC Face and Body and NC25 in Studio Fix. This matches my skin tone wonderfully!! It's a bit grey at first but that did go away. I have a few discolorations due to acne scarring and this doesn't cover them completely but no foundation does. The wear is fantastic and I love how it feels on my skin!! Not too oily and not too dry. I love the high SPF too so I can skip that step in the morning. I'm totally on the BB Cream bandwagon now!