Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold
Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP GoldSuper Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP GoldSuper Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

4.2

on 10/27/2017 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wanted to love this product. I tried it on and off in spurts over the last 6 months, so this isn't some "I tried it for a week!" review.

No matter the season I couldn't get it work for me. Lately, I had ran out of my HG bb, but had this so I used it. Then, I remembered why I stopped. Sadly, this formula flares up my general and cystic acne. I have about 5 big red dots on my face.

The coverage is quick thick but not too heavy, blends/adjusts into my skin tone, and does a good job of hiding imperfections. However, Skin79's VIP Gold doesn't last long, even with powder. Within a few hours the spots reappear. While it's initial coverage is great, sometimes if my skin is dry it has a tendency to accentuate patches.

This product seems to really sit into the skin so I'd caution the acne prone. Washing my face couldn't seem to prevent the irritations this product ended up causing me.

on 12/31/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this BB cream for about 5 years and it use to be a staple. During the last 5 years, they've reformulated it twice (at least) with this last one being a somewhat drastic change. The old formula(s) blended in perfectly to my NC15-20 olive skin, offered up medium natural looking coverage, set to a satin finish and wore like a champ no matter what my skin was doing. This new one (purchased 11/2016, exp 2018) is much sheerer, dewier and the color, while it looks more natural coming out of the bottle and going on, turns too pink. It also never seems to set but topping with powder makes it look cakey.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really, REALLY wanted to love this! With all the hype around it, I had big hopes of replacing my No.7 BB Cream.

Packaging makes it look a bit cheap/tacky from the first off, and I wasn't keen on the pump application or knowing how much you have left.

It applies an almost greyish colour, providing a light coverage. It made me look washed out and ill, it didn't last all that long at all either.

With all the BB creams out there, I don't see the attraction to this at all. Really disappointed!

on 3/26/2016 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this product for a couple of months now and would say it is the closest to hg I have found so far in the arena of bb cream and foundation. The consistency is quite thick, I've used my fingers, a flat brush and some other foundation brush that I don't know the name of (kind of long, pretty thin and tapers at the top to a curved point) with success though I prefer my fingers or the flathead as they spread more evenly. I've tried using it with a damp blending sponge which I didn't particularly like as it spreads the product too thin.

Coverage wise this stuff works pretty well, I'd say with one layer it is somewhere between light and medium and after a second application a good medium. It covers redness and evens skin tone well, does a good job disguising spots- they are a lot less visible and far less red but you can still see them a bit which I can deal with (have all sorts of problems using dedicated spot concealers so I skip that). The one thing I don't like about this is the fact that it's only available in one shade. Although it does match me extremely well (I'm NC15 if not lighter/whiter, think casper), I think it leaves me looking a bit washed out so I top it off with some coloured mineral powder and a bit of bronzer just so I look alive. I'd tag this as more of a base/primer than a bb cream that you can just smack on and leave the house with, though I do do this very occasionally if I'm just popping to the shop or having a cba day.

Packaging, oh the packaging. I had problems with the pump from the start and after a while disaster struck. Inside the gold outer shell there is a white container with a top that the gold bevel and pump sit on top of. Somehow, the product when pumped began to leak out inside the interior white top and the pump failed completely. Now I have to leave the packaging dismantled, screw the top off and take some product off the pump pipe itself in order to get any use of it. Really wish Skin79 would do something about this as I lost a decent amount of product in the aftermath, having to use a small spoon to decant the spillage back into the container.

The product smells quite strongly of spf and it's kind of florally? Not too offensive but not the best smell, kind of like a pensioner left in the sun slathered in Lancaster or something.

It feels nice on the skin, not greasy or too heavy though I am a little skeptical of the whole caviar thing. I would probably buy this again but I would prefer to find something a bit more readily available as I have to hunt eBay for a UK seller as ain't nobody got time to be waiting for this stuff to ship from Korea.

UPDATE

I have since ordered another bottle of this on which the pump has not yet failed so fingers crossed. Still really happy with it but I am trying new things purely because i don't like having to layer bronzer on top to give colour, still recommend!

UPDATE 2:

Pump failed on second bottle. Unfortunately now it's summer and I've recently started working in retail for the minute too so I'm on my feet all day rushing around which has caused my face to go full chip-pan, this bb cream is no longer a viable option for me but i'm sure it's near on perfect for others!

UPDATE 3:

Got this out again this morning to try as since I've stopped using it I haven't really found anything that smoothes out my skin as well. Instantly I notice how pink this pulls- i'm yellow toned but didn't really pay attention to that until after I stopped using this. I cannot understand how I thought I got away with this! My face itself is fairly neutral but my neck is strongly yellow and blending this down is still not the best. Going to try mixing this with a strong yellow biased concealer to see if i can get a better match.

on 3/22/2015 3:04:00 PM

So... i was in love with this product, but it broke my heart (and broke out my skin). I haven't ordered the whole product, just samples. One sample was enough for 2 days. Very little amount goes a long way! The color is just perfect for me, the best fit i have ever found (i'm very pale, olive-yellow). As i'm not a morning person, i loved that just pushed a bit product on my hand, smudge a bit, then just spread it on my face (no risk of discovering a big fat brush trace on my nose after a meeting). I fixed it with a shitty powder, but i could go to surgeries (holding patients' limbs, stand for 2 hours), and at the end of the day i still looked flawless! But... i have a very sensitive skin. I got a couple of big, ugly pimples. So... i guess i'll save the rest of the samples for special occasions, when i have to look perfect... sigh.

on 3/15/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Way better than the foundations you buy over here in north america. It does not feel heavy at all but yet it conceals everything you need it to. It also contains spf and whitening formulas so its like everything you would want put in to one product! Definitely recommend you to get it. If you have a bit tanner skin then it will make you skin look a bit paler at first but then it sets and it ends up matching your natural skin tone which is great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my summer Bb cream. It is a bit too dark for me under normal circumstances. I like the texture a lot and it blends excellently. A little goes A LONG way though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised by the number of positive reviews. I used it once and never again because it was significantly darker than my skin color and therefore unusable. I do recall appreciating the dewy finish and fairly impactful coverage, but I was disappointed that the shade was darker than described by others. (In fact, after just Google Image searching the product, seemingly comparably fair-skinned women are able to use this product, so I am confused.)

I don't remember this product causing more than several clogged pores, but I don't think I would give this another try. Facial product testing is risky, and I don't feel this product warrants a second chance. I am storing it until I find someone who can use it.

on 5/28/2014 2:51:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I found this to be a little more moisturizing and a tad lighter in texture than the Pink label cream so I like it better.

This is slightly too pale and pink toned for pale olive skin. Still, since this is a light, easy to spread, semi-transparent cream i can use it sparingly. When used in place of sunscreen (that is to say, applying it very, very liberally) it looks too chalky on my skin. It does not break me out, even when i forget to remove it at night. The smell is quite nice-- clean, soapy, subtle.

Good to know: while this contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, the packaging does not specify the concentrations, so it's anyone's guess as to whether this delivers broad spectrum coverage or not.

on 5/12/2014 10:56:00 AM

I have tried the Pink original one and now I just recently acquired this one. It cost less than $10 so the price is right on point and the packaging is lovely. That being said - I CANNOT wear this during the Summer months. In the winter I'm a NW25 and this is slightly gray on my skin but I can fix it with a bit of bronzer. During the Summer months I darken like most Olive skinned people and with this on I suffer from the pasty face. So, if you're a light skin tone this will work just right on you. I wish Skin79 did a warmer one, I think I would wear it yearly. The benefits are awesome, what I have done in order to still get the benefits from this product is that I use it as a moisturizer under my foundation and it works just right. My roommate has very oily skin and I got her hooked on this, she loves it and doesn't leave the house without it. You can apply it with your fingers, sponge or a brush, it's very versatile.