Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold
Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP GoldSuper Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP GoldSuper Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

4.4

on 10/27/2017 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wanted to love this product. I tried it on and off in spurts over the last 6 months, so this isn't some "I tried it for a week!" review.

No matter the season I couldn't get it work for me. Lately, I had ran out of my HG bb, but had this so I used it. Then, I remembered why I stopped. Sadly, this formula flares up my general and cystic acne. I have about 5 big red dots on my face.

The coverage is quick thick but not too heavy, blends/adjusts into my skin tone, and does a good job of hiding imperfections. However, Skin79's VIP Gold doesn't last long, even with powder. Within a few hours the spots reappear. While it's initial coverage is great, sometimes if my skin is dry it has a tendency to accentuate patches.

This product seems to really sit into the skin so I'd caution the acne prone. Washing my face couldn't seem to prevent the irritations this product ended up causing me.

on 12/31/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this BB cream for about 5 years and it use to be a staple. During the last 5 years, they've reformulated it twice (at least) with this last one being a somewhat drastic change. The old formula(s) blended in perfectly to my NC15-20 olive skin, offered up medium natural looking coverage, set to a satin finish and wore like a champ no matter what my skin was doing. This new one (purchased 11/2016, exp 2018) is much sheerer, dewier and the color, while it looks more natural coming out of the bottle and going on, turns too pink. It also never seems to set but topping with powder makes it look cakey.

I really, REALLY wanted to love this! With all the hype around it, I had big hopes of replacing my No.7 BB Cream.

Packaging makes it look a bit cheap/tacky from the first off, and I wasn't keen on the pump application or knowing how much you have left.

It applies an almost greyish colour, providing a light coverage. It made me look washed out and ill, it didn't last all that long at all either.

With all the BB creams out there, I don't see the attraction to this at all. Really disappointed!

on 5/18/2016 2:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Absolutely love it. It has a grey tint to it, so it covers redness really well, but can leave you looking a bit washed out. Smells like sunscreen but the smell fades fast.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE this bb cream!! It had great coverage and feels weightless. Literally the only reason I took a lippie off is that I wish it came in other shades but I'm very fair and I can make the one shade work for me. This blurs my pores and has replaced my foundation. I love that it has spf and skin care ingredients in it. To make it last longer I just set with powder. Love love love it

on 3/26/2016 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this product for a couple of months now and would say it is the closest to hg I have found so far in the arena of bb cream and foundation. The consistency is quite thick, I've used my fingers, a flat brush and some other foundation brush that I don't know the name of (kind of long, pretty thin and tapers at the top to a curved point) with success though I prefer my fingers or the flathead as they spread more evenly. I've tried using it with a damp blending sponge which I didn't particularly like as it spreads the product too thin.

Coverage wise this stuff works pretty well, I'd say with one layer it is somewhere between light and medium and after a second application a good medium. It covers redness and evens skin tone well, does a good job disguising spots- they are a lot less visible and far less red but you can still see them a bit which I can deal with (have all sorts of problems using dedicated spot concealers so I skip that). The one thing I don't like about this is the fact that it's only available in one shade. Although it does match me extremely well (I'm NC15 if not lighter/whiter, think casper), I think it leaves me looking a bit washed out so I top it off with some coloured mineral powder and a bit of bronzer just so I look alive. I'd tag this as more of a base/primer than a bb cream that you can just smack on and leave the house with, though I do do this very occasionally if I'm just popping to the shop or having a cba day.

Packaging, oh the packaging. I had problems with the pump from the start and after a while disaster struck. Inside the gold outer shell there is a white container with a top that the gold bevel and pump sit on top of. Somehow, the product when pumped began to leak out inside the interior white top and the pump failed completely. Now I have to leave the packaging dismantled, screw the top off and take some product off the pump pipe itself in order to get any use of it. Really wish Skin79 would do something about this as I lost a decent amount of product in the aftermath, having to use a small spoon to decant the spillage back into the container.

The product smells quite strongly of spf and it's kind of florally? Not too offensive but not the best smell, kind of like a pensioner left in the sun slathered in Lancaster or something.

It feels nice on the skin, not greasy or too heavy though I am a little skeptical of the whole caviar thing. I would probably buy this again but I would prefer to find something a bit more readily available as I have to hunt eBay for a UK seller as ain't nobody got time to be waiting for this stuff to ship from Korea.

UPDATE

I have since ordered another bottle of this on which the pump has not yet failed so fingers crossed. Still really happy with it but I am trying new things purely because i don't like having to layer bronzer on top to give colour, still recommend!

UPDATE 2:

Pump failed on second bottle. Unfortunately now it's summer and I've recently started working in retail for the minute too so I'm on my feet all day rushing around which has caused my face to go full chip-pan, this bb cream is no longer a viable option for me but i'm sure it's near on perfect for others!

UPDATE 3:

Got this out again this morning to try as since I've stopped using it I haven't really found anything that smoothes out my skin as well. Instantly I notice how pink this pulls- i'm yellow toned but didn't really pay attention to that until after I stopped using this. I cannot understand how I thought I got away with this! My face itself is fairly neutral but my neck is strongly yellow and blending this down is still not the best. Going to try mixing this with a strong yellow biased concealer to see if i can get a better match.

By far my favourite BB Cream. I have very light/fair skin and it blends with my skin tone very well. Perfect if your after a light coverage.

on 8/20/2015 9:22:00 PM

I have tried numerous foundations and BB creams and this seems to be the only one that I actually would repurchase.

Pros:
You can apply this numerous times and it will not look cakey.
Medium coverage
Just looks damn good, you will not look like you are wearing foundation I cannot stress this enough.

Cons:
If you're oily I could imagine this slipping a bit, but a bit of power will stop this.
Not the products fault but it's a bit of effort purchasing this as you cannot just pick one up from any local stores unless you live in Korea.

on 8/2/2015 12:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I like this BB. It's a classic goes on sort of thick and gray but adapts (some) and covers a lot of flaws I have the new version in the tube, with caviar and gold, so apparently it's less gray and more yellow.. This only comes in one shade is not for everyone, but it happens to work for me NC20. I took off a point because for that. I love it's thick and creamy and has great coverage. Doesn't irritate my skin. On a bad day makes me look like I have good skin. I have dry pale skin with a lot of redness around my nose from SF and dark circles. Large red areas are hard to cover if you are red. I picked this version, because a couple of NC20 people liked it and does not have triclosan (evil anti microbial that is banned many places and can lead to super bugs).. Said to have anti aging and whitening, but that is part is hard to judge. This has been reformulated and is no longer in one of those little cans and the shade is less gray and has some new ingredients. . I liked the cans. I thought the pink one looked like a tiny can of TAB. .Now it comes in gold tube with a nice pump.

I sometimes warm BB creams up on the back on my hand, as the heat melts it and they spread better. Often I justuse fingers and again the heat helps spread them. It will spread evenly. You could use a beauty blender or brush or puff though. This is thick going on and gray, but adapts and has some yellow undertones. The scent is very mild. It's buildable medium very decent coverage.. It makes my raw skin actually feel less irritated. It really covers up the redness, blurs pores. The finish is dewy but not super dewy. I think some combo skin types could wear it. I am dry and it works well for me and holds up to sunscreens. I hate anything that cakes up on me. It looks like makeup and feels like it, but not like heavy makeup.

I use ELDW 1C1, LM Silk in Cream Ivory, , Holilka Petit Moisture BB fits me, Hada Labo BB, Laneige cusion in light and like the forumlations of all those if that helps.

My sister and I bought this online after playing around with it at an Asian beauty store. I'm so glad we did. We both have similar skin tones, however I'm very pale and she is a few shades darker.

The day it came we both tried it and immediately were shocked at the way our skin looked. Our pores were blurred away and while it didn't cover in much in the way of acne spots, it gave us a general evened-out tone with the most natural finish (maybe a bit more dewy than natural, but we both prefer that.) My mother saw how good it looked and she ended up ordering it because it surprisingly worked for her skin as well, even though she's vastly darker than us.

The one thing I will say though, after using it a couple more times I noticed that because I'm so pale, it never quite oxidizes well on me, leaving me with a weird grey cast. To solve this, I just add a drop of some pink based foundation to half a pump of the BB cream and it's perfect.

I'd recommend this to any pale girls who struggle with trying to find a foundation with the right undertone, one that isn't too yellow/pink/orange. This is a really light beige and it just looks so natural.

THIS STUFF IS GREAT.
Also it lasts really well, and if you have to touch it up, it blends seamlessly with the product you already have on which is awesome.