Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold
Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP GoldSuper Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP GoldSuper Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

4.2

on 8/20/2010 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this off of ebay and tested it out for a week.

PROS-

No strong scent. Not sure what it smells of, perhaps sunblock?

Smooth, natural finish. Great for those days when you just can't hack the disco-ball look.

Even though it had a thicker feel upon swatching than Missha Perfect Cover, I didn't notice it on my skin. It was like bare skin.

Decent redness coverage. I used half a pump because the colour match was off.

Did not oxidise.

CONS-

Colour was off. Count that as a personal "con", unless you're fishbelly white like me. In which case, let's cry together...

At 40g (or is it 40ml??), not much product for the price.

The bottle needs some sort of cap. Mine was jostled around in my purse, and I got a nasty surprise when I went fishing for a lipgloss. Tan goo EVERYWHERE!

Can't purchase locally.

Emphasised a flake on my nose. Just the one!

Overall, great product. Packaging is very fancy-pants and lovely to look at, nice coverage, didn't break me out. If not for the colour issue, would definitely repurchase.

on 6/13/2012 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used up a bottle of this, it lasted me around 7 months using it and average of 5 days a week. I got my bb cream from seulglamour on Amazon for around $15ish USD or so.

I'm general, I like this bb cream. I hate looking made up, but I do have some hyperpigmentation and redness on my face which I like to cover up a bit. The gold label bb cream 'blurs' the imperfections enough that my skin looks better, without looking like I've caked on the make up or looking like a freak porcelain doll. It also disguises large pores and pick-axe acne scarring pretty darn well.

I have very sensitive skin that reacts to everything, so when I saw the huge-ass list of ingredients I just sighed, figuring something would break me out horribly especially since it has fragrance. In spite of that, however, I've had less problems with this bb cream than most other make up I've tried. When my skin is being finicky I do break out from the combination of heat/AC/ugly weather and bb cream + powder, but my skin's never been perfect, so I'll take what I can.

Here's my experience regarding some of the common concerns that keep popping up re:bb creams in general -

COLOUR: This bb cream is grayish-pink coming out of the bottle, but it DOES oxidise. If you don't pile this on (trust me, less is more with this) it should adjust to your skintone in 15ish or so minutes unless you're darker than NC25ish or lighter than NC10. I have yellowish-neutral undertones and this can look a bit pinkish on my skin sometimes, but it's not awfully noticeable. I put an even (thinish) coating all over my face and then pat more on on spots that need more covering. I apply this using clean fingers and patting motions, which I've found works best for me. Play around with techniques before giving up on the bb cream - a friend of mine uses the same bb cream and she says circular motions work best for her, so to each their own.

WHITENING PROPERTIES: There seems to be a lot of misinformation about this. Unless you're bleaching the shit out of your skin, you won't ever do a Michael Jackson. Whitening means fading of spots/scars. I did notice my red scarring fading MUCH faster using the bb cream (a week or so?) for fresh blemishes. It hasn't done much for old hyperpigmentation, but I wouldn't expect it to. I don't know if it's the SPF (I do use additional sunblock though) or if it's the whitening agents (or combination thereof), but my skin tone definitely is more even, and smallish blemishes don't scar as noticeably. I do also use Retin-A though.

FAKES: There are a ton of videos on youtube with comparisons between fakes and the real deal. You'll also find plenty of bloggers tackling the same issue. Make sure to note which version of the BB Creams you're using, because Skin79 recently revamped a bunch of their products and their packaging changed considerably. The US Skin79 website is pretty overpriced imo, but there are reputable sellers on Amazon and some on Ebay. If you do your research you should be fine, but the official Skin79 store is always an option if you're afraid of being duped.

Overall, I've had a pretty good experience with Skin79. The Gold Label is marketed for dryer skins, and I did notice it didn't emphasize dryness at all (I'm having issues with the Orange Label :/). The cream did transfer to clothing sometimes, and came off some when I blotted. You also have to be super anal about removing the stuff if you have acneic skin - I use Softymo's oil cleanser and then use Pond's cloth wipes. I usually then use a mask or something if I'm going to fiddle around for a bit, or jump directly in the shower. So that's oil+wipes+soap to get everything off for sure. I'm sure that's a bit overkill for most people, but it makes it possible for me to wear the bb cream on a nearly daily basis so I don't mind it. Hope this info helps!

on 1/13/2013 6:15:00 AM

I bought the 4-tube sample pack from Amazon and the gold was my favorite of the four. I have fairly dry, super sensitive skin and I've had no issues with breakouts or any sensitivity reaction. The texture is kind of a cross between a cream and a gel, definitely thicker than most liquid foundations. I use a layer of this, finished with a light dusting of my Alima mineral foundation.

**Opening the bottle**
For anyone concerned about getting the container open, it's very easy. On the bottom of the container is a small hole, just insert a push pin or something similar into the hole and you can push out the inner container. From there you can easily unscrew the lid. I still have quite a bit left, but I've read some reviews that say the pump stops dispensing long before the container is empty, so I'm glad to know that it can be easily opened if needed.

on 4/28/2009 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

When I first saw people described the BB cream, I was suspecting it is similar to Parthena's Amino Fill .... and it is. Parthena is the previous life of Skinn, for those in N. America it is a brand that sells cosmetics on TV. I wrote Skinn a couple of times asking them to bring back this product, they didn't even bother to respond. Haaaa, so much for customer appreciation.

Entering the world of BB cream, it's like using the blur function in Photoshop. It is not foundation, not tinted moisturizer, it is weak in covering dark melasma, indented acne scar, undereye dark circles. However, it will make the above less noticeable, smooth the skin/pores, "lightens" & brightens the skin, in the most natural manner. Under any types of light, at different angles, it is undetectable, just make sure to bring it down towards the neck. I topped it with a translucent powder (Sana Powerstyle compact spf 45). The result is awesome.

It comes in one shade, since this is marketed in Asia, I think people up to NW or NC 40 (maybe up to NC 45) can use it.

Since the weather is getting warmer, this product takes the place of moisturizer, sunscreen, foundation, I can skip all that do-da with this one product. BTW, it comes in a cute container with an airless pump, it stated that it has gold & caviar & it is "wrinkle improvement", not for a second I believe this, same goes for those plant extract jazz as well.

I also purchased the Skin 79 miniature set, with 4 variations of BB cream, 2 of which has spf 25, 1 is the diamond collection & the 4th one is Peral/luminous. The superficial quality are the same for the first three, while the "pearl" one has a slight slight shimmer. Since the BB cream makes the skin so smooth looking I do not find the "pearl" one is necessary.

Definitely will explore more, I am looking for a BB cream concealer.

on 8/11/2012 4:26:00 AM

I have been reading reviews on my trusty old Makeupalley for years now, but this is the first time I have ever been compelled to write a review. Though I loved the way this product looked on my skin.. IT MAKE ME BREAK OUT. BAD. I'm not talking about one or two pimples. My forehead, my cheeks had about 20 clogged pores in each area. It took me about 4 months of treatment to get rid of most of the clogged pores. Honestly, I tried this product in early March and now its August and my skin is FINALLY back to how it was before this product.

When I first researched this product I ignored the few bad reviews and decided to just go for it because I really wanted to try a BB cream. I had heard this one was good and a pretty popular pick. The price was relatively cheap compared to my usual Make Up For Ever HD Foundation which retails at $42 for about 1 oz. I got this BB cream for prettyandcute.com for $22 for about 1.4 oz.

First few days that I wore this my skin just looked so GLOWLY and naturally flawless. I have some scars on my cheeks left from old acne and it covered them up decently, just a little bit of concealer and my skin looked flawless. I started noticing little bumps on my face a week later but I figured it must have been stress from finals week and could not possibly be this BB cream that is supposed to have all these skin benefits. I think I was in denial because this BB cream made my skin look SO DAMN GOOD. Then 3 weeks passed and one day I just looked at my skin and thought.. what the eff is going on... my whole face was covered in little bumps slowly but surely. I felt like I was getting new ones every day. I stopped using the BB cream and I stopped getting new clogged pores however the old one took FOREVER to heal. I basically had to use retin A to unclog the pores and it's a LONG process. Anyways, I hope this long review is helpful to someone. I would not even give this product to my worse enemy!! Foreal.

LOVE IT!!! I ordered a tube of Etude House Precious Minerals which did not work for me - thick, chalky, nope. I also ordered a sampler of Skin79 with the pink label, oriental gold, the shimmery one and this. I can work with all the Skin79s except the shimmery stuff - too much sparkle. But the gold label is HG for me. I ordered a full size tube after the first try. It took a bit of experimenting to find my perfect routine , but I find if I apply my regular moisturizer and eye cream, then apply BB cream before it soaks in, it helps to give a nice, smooth application. It seems a little grey at first, but I give it a few minutes to settle in and then apply my bronzer and a light dusting of powder and YIPPEEEE! My skin looks beautiful. Fresh and dewy - not oily - and dewy has been only a dream with my oily t-zone. It lasts almost all day with just a light touch of a powder puff around my nose. One of my favorite qualities is that unlike liquid foundation or TM, it doesn't rub off on my collar or if I should blow my nose! I caught a glimpse in a mirror with daylight coming through the window and thought - wow! Smooth, pretty - a very subtle "J-Lo" light reflecting off my cheekbone... Could NOT be happier!

I hate the be the one naysayer on a product with otherwise great reviews! This product broke me out on the same day as using it and it just got worse from there. I use Dr Hauschka products that have never irritated my sensitive skin or broke me out. I use sweet almond oil as a moisturizer. I generally use mineral makeup (Alima or Lily Lolo) as my foundation of choice. My skin's been in fairly decent condition. Lately I've been reading a lot of Japanese fashion magazines and I'm just so envious of their perfect, smooth complexions! I got greedy and wanted more coverage and something that would provide a smooth, even base for the powder on top. The first day I wore this with only the BB cream. No powder or other foundation on top. That night I had two lovely cystic pimples to greet me when I got home. They were really unlike any others I've ever had. I hate to be TMI, but it was as if they were already infected. One of them burst as I was removing my makeup (I use avocado oil) and it was definitely green pus that came out. Anyway, after cleansing and toning the spots were already calmed down. By morning the inflammation had gone down completely and they were just a hint of pink instead of the red, angry monsters seen previously. I decided to bite the bullet and try it again. Day two I used the BB cream and a light dusting of MMU on top. This didn't look so hot at first because the mineral makeup seemed to REALLY show on top the cream. I thought maybe it'd melt into my skin throughout the day so I just went with it. My skin looked pretty dry from quick checks in the mirror and a bit cakey from the MMU. At the end of the day the two spots from the night before were full and angry plus I had one more on my forehead that popped up to say hello. Washed, skin calmed, slept, mostly better by the next morning. Once more I decided I hadn't had enough and tried it again. This time BB cream and a very light bit of mineral finishing powder, applied with a puff instead of a brush. The good news is that it looked GREAT. (That's where the one lippie comes from.) Seriously looked exactly how I wanted it to. I should have used concealer to cover up the rosy, less angry spots and my dark circles as BB cream is not great at camouflaging redness. However, I didn't want to upset my skin more than necessary and left it alone. With a great, creamy concealer it would've looked absolutely amazing. I really can't fault that. Just like clockwork, by night another friend had appeared. The next morning I decided to call it quits and stop using the stuff. I do love the smell and the bottle's pretty nifty. (Kind of wish it had a cap though.) I should probably add that I'm really sensitive to silicones depending on the product and type. Example: anti-chafing gel breaks me out like no other as does Smashbox primer, but I can use Chanel's "Le Blanc De Chanel" with very little to no upset with my skin.

I really wanted to love this. Kind of bummed that I don't. Maybe it's better for not so sensitive skin types and probably non acne prone. My skin usually behaves, but this time it just didn't like the product. Better luck next time.

Oh, also. The price was decent. I got it from Ebay along with some other skin79 BB creams and a couple from Mischa. Shipping was decent and the price was reasonable. It came pretty quick too, considering it was direct from Korea. I suppose the one lippie can count for that.

I love this bb cream!! it's much better than the hot pink in my opinion. For reference, I'm nc30-nc35 in MAC, I have normal skin when it's winter and combination when it's summer, since my t-zone gets oily but the rest of my face is normal, I get dry patches around my nose sometimes and I'm very prone to blackheads.

The packaging of this stuff is beautiful! I really like the color and it makes me feel very fancy when I wear it. It's also very easy to use since it comes with a pump.

The shade as many asian bb creams is very gray!! But it matches my skin tone after 30 minutes. It matches me much better than the hot pink. It has a dewy finish and I would say it covers more than the hot pink; I think it has a medium coverage, it hides pores, minor imperfections and dark circles, but not hyperpigmentation. Don't use it if you're going to take pics with flash, this bb cream leaves that white cast because titanium dioxide is one of the most concentrated ingredients on this product.

I think it controls oil better than the hot pink, even though it's more moisturizing. After 6 hours I need to blot in summer, while in winter every 8 hours.

If you're acne prone, this will not be for you since it also contains isopropyl palmitate.

If you have dry skin, normal skin or combo skin (but not very oily) this will be for you :)

I will buy this again in winter, since my skin is lighter and more on the normal side when it's colder.

1) Avoid this at any costs if you are oily- my face also felt greasy(dirty even) immediately after application
2) Did not cover any of my blemishes (I have acne)
3) Looks GREAT on my mum, who is 45 and has large pores and mature skin, it just looks like her skin but much better!
4) It is slightly greyish which again can be a pro for maturing skin, which is going slightly red at places
5) The packaging is annoying, yet effective(bulky, hard to transport but the pump works fine)
This a good product, I was not its target group and surprise surprise it worked terribly for me. If you have dryer skin, this might look awesome on you:)

on 1/16/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Info: 22, ghost pale, oily and congested/acne prone skin that is prone to dry patches. I apply a topical retinoid/anti-bacterial (Ziana) every night which is helping to clear up my skin, but does make my skin sensitive to most everything. Makeup tends to look patchy in dry spots and non-existent in oily spots. I also have a fair amount of acne scarring on my forehead.

Before ordering I hemmed and hawed over which version to go with, Gold or Pink. Seeking out zillions of reviews, I figured that Gold would probably be a better suit due to the dry patches of skin I tend to have. I ordered this off of amazon but fearing a ripoff, I spent the extra money and bought it directly from the Skin 79 seller, so I know for sure it's the real deal.

Long story short: I'm in love.

I think the reason I'm obsessed with this is the reason why lots of people have a hard time with BB creams: the color. I have the skin tone of Casper, and finding a light enough color is often impossible; MAC's NW/NC15 are too dark for me. This color of this BB cream, however, is PERFECT. It has a slightly gray tint, but oxidizes and takes on my pinky skin tone.

I apply with my hands, letting the warmth let the product melt into my skin. I just put a light layer on first, probably only half a pump, and then go back and use it as a concealer. No, it's not full coverage, and no, it does not completely mask the spots, but it does conceal quite well. It makes my skin glow and look NATURALLY healthy, which is more than any foundation or tinted moisturizer has ever done for me.

As far as the skin care benefits, it's still early days and I can't tell if it has made a difference. As long as it's not breaking me out (which it hasn't), I'm a happy camper.