Bare Escentuals SPF 30 Natural Sunscreen

No Image

3.4

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 12% Inactive Ingredients: Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheral Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf Extract)Lycium Chinensis (Lych Berry) Extract, Ranunculus Ficaria Root Extract, Silica..... ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77482, CI 77489),Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

on 3/25/2015 2:04:00 PM

As a powder this works really well at reducing shine and it comes out of the tube easily for a quick, on the go application. It covers over my pores and leaves my skin looking smooth and flawless. My extremely sensitive eczema prone skin is not aggravated by it at all - which is rare for a product with such a high SPF.

I usually wear this as a 'top-up' during the day, over my SPF50 face cream as I am VERY fair, so I can't really comment on the effectiveness of the sun protection - although I have not been burnt using this product.

The problem for me is the colour. Even the lightest shade makes me very, very orange and this only gets worse with multiple applications. If a translucent or paler shade was made then I would consider re-purchasing this as it is a very good powder. Its a shame about the lack of colour options

on 4/10/2013 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

only bought this 3 days ago and I'm already in love.
Pros: portable, combats shine, disappears over makeup (I went for 'light', it's pretty much transluscnet unless you have really pale skin), no oily/greasy feeling
Cons: not cheap, probably some wastage as every time I shake some powder out there is a cloud, not to mention have to wash the brushhead from time to time

Can't comment on the actual sunscreen property since summer is yet to come, but I'm over the moon to finally find a sunscreen that doesn't leave my face ghostly white and shiny

EDIT: Taken one lippie off and won't re-purchase. When I reapply the sunscreen through out the day, the tint in it just makes my face darker and darker...Switching to PTR next since it's supposed to be transluscent

Love this sunscreen, no having to worry your face will become greasy partway through the day and it serves as a nice powder setting over face makeup as well. <3 The brush tool is pretty nifty as well.

on 1/30/2012 1:17:00 AM

Now that they've improved the packaging, I can finally write a 5-lippy review for this super convenient sunscreen.

PROS: SPF 30 with no oil or emollients, good for people who are sensitive to chemical sunscreens, doesn't break me out, has a subtle mattifying and tone-evening effect, they finally designed a dispensing system that works

CONS: Even with the new dispensing system where I can remove the brush for cleaning, the brush gets pretty gross

This is the ONLY beauty product I use every single day. Why? It's simple, convenient, serves an important purpose, and has never caused a breakout. I don't use any other BA products, but I'm glad I switched to this one (from Peter Thomas Roth's version of the same thing) a couple years ago. The $28 price tag doesn't seem bad to me for a daily use product like this that lasts several months and serves multiple purposes.

on 1/13/2012 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am on my second tube of this! I find it is a great light powder to use on my bare skin when I dont feel like I need to use my usual spf50 SS. I am C4 and I use the colour "light" which blends in fine, and even my boyfriend said I had a "healthy glow" when he saw me with it on the other day! I am not sure it would be strong enough to use in direct sun, so I only use it on days when I am not outside much. However I plan to layer it over my Chanel SS in the summer as its much easier to top up a powder when you are outside a lot than to re-apply a cream! I dont find this irritating on my skin at all. Highly recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Bare Escentuals SPF 30 Natural Sunscreen pleasantly surprised me. I like it very much. I am fair to light (MAC NC20) and use SPF30 Natural Sunscreen in the light color.

Not being a fan of the Bare Escentuals foundation, I didn't expect to like this product. I was wrong. On me, Bare Escentuals regular foundation finds every pore and fine line leaving me lit up like a second-hand disco ball. The matte foundation, while better, is a bit too flat for my taste and can look mask-like. The Natural Sunscreen, by contrast, looks completely natural: no glow, shimmer, mica or dew and yet not matte. To my eye it looks like skin. Even in direct sunlight. There is very light (and I mean very light) coverage.

I admit that I don't trust that I can apply enough of this to reach the SPF 30, so I rarely use this as my sole form of sun protection. I do use quite a bit, however, and it never looks cakey or powdery.

What I love is the convenience. Just twist up, swirl on and go. I use this to bump up my SPF coverage in the afternoon, after workouts at the gym, and on no makeup days. I often receive compliments on my skin when wearing only Natural Sunscreen.

I haven't experienced any problems with the packaging. My components haven't leaked, nor have I had any trouble getting product to dispense. I don't baby them and so far they've held up in my tote and gym bags.

Natural Sunscreen turned out to be a decent value for the money. One container lasts me 6-9 months. Between that, the finish and convenience, I'm pretty well sold.

on 7/9/2011 1:27:00 AM

This is a great powder sunscreen.
Pros:
Doesn't clog pores/never broke me out at all/did not irritate my skin.
Can be worn over makeup or alone. The slight color does not affect makeup, and actually gives a bit of an airbrushed look.
The slight color also makes it possible for you to see it coming out/going on, which is nice. There is also a tiny bit of fragrance, probably for this purpose.
Excellent SPF - I bought this before going to Santorini for a week, wore it every day and never got burned.
Good staying power.
Won't sting your eyes like liquid sunscreens (caught my husband putting it on a few times!).
Packaging is pretty good - a little tricky, but better than a lot of the other powder sunscreens out there.
Only con is the price. $28 is a bit much for me to spend on sunscreen. But I will, because this is worth it.

on 6/27/2011 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the way this product looks on my face when I can actually see where it is going. To do so, I have to grab a mirror and get into my walk-in shower, which is south-facing and has a large window in it. Otherwise, I cannot really see if I am covering anything.

Finally managed to get the brush head off. Here's how:
1) Remove cap.
2) Twist up to the Open position.
3) Grab hold of brush head with one hand and hold onto the rest of the cylinder with the other.
4) Pull the brush head STRAIGHT UP! (Watch that the powder doesn't going flying everywhere.)

Now, you can wash/dry the brush head. To replace, set to Open and snap back in. Hope this helps everyone!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

On a sunny day I spotted that my face is radiating not a HEALTHY glow but rather an oil sleek from my LRP Anthelios spf50+ fluid that I had applied generously in the morning so I had a choice - either go and buy Shiseido blotting papers (they are the best!) or add several and get some more sunprotection with this powder product.

I went for this sunscreen but I am not 100% happy with it hence only 4 lippies. It is not a bad product though!

+ sunscreen
+ portable packaging (with brush and it is possible to close it off)
+ can replace blotting papers (if you blot with a tissue instead and then apply it for a matte finish AND sunprotection)

- too dark for me (I will never understand why companies think that everybody wants to be TANNED?! I am quite pale and I like it that way, I am using Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B20 for reference) and I am using the lightest colour
- expensive (I paid 25 which imho is WAY TOO MUCH for something as necessary as sunscreen! When cosmetic companies are going to understand that and introduce effective, yet affordable products that are pleasure to use?)
- even though the 1st on the ingredients list is mica it gives a very flat matte appearance, which I am not very keen of as it makes me look OLDER! But I am ready to put up with it knowing that I am working against getting older after all, lol! I try to apply it on my tzone and the rest of my face (like undereyes) I am treating to Anthelios stick
- difficult to get out the right amount of product - though I usually see when it starts to get out (one has to open the turn FULLY) as my face is getting DARKER lol!

So there are more minuses than pluses but I am still happy with my purchase. I have even stopped using my pressed powder from YSL during the day (it does not have sunsceen) and I am using this instead. I wish they would bring out much ligher shade than the lightest they have now.

on 4/20/2011 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This was so ITCHY. Horribly ITCHY. The idea is fantastic, the packaging is cute, and the powder is practically invisible. But you can definitely feel it sitting on the skin, and it was too irritating on my sensitive skin. Im taking it back to Sephora.