GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Dark

4.4

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Gorgeous bronzer. I have tons of bronzers but I always feel like I don't have that st tropez sexy tan. I am an NC45 in MAC for reference. I bought this in #7. I do love it but I didn't love the price. Until I find something better I will repurchase.
I took of 2 lippies for price and cheap packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I was at the Guerlain counter in a shop in the center of town and the person working there told Terracotta bronzing powder in number 04 or 07 would be good for me. She said that she thought number 08 may be too dark for my purposes but number 08 is very pretty. Then I went to the Guerlain counter in a large department store where the salesperson put number 07 on me and I loved it. It was a darker brown that had more of a yellow undertone yet this brown was definitely much darker than me and not orange-y, red-dy, greyish and not muddy either. I found this color to be very contouring and sculpting too.

But that Guerlain salesperson really went to town on my left cheek and put too much on LOL but at least it's a lovely, true and enhancing brown. I haven't bought number 07 yet but I will eventually. I love wearing bronzer on top of my foundation and powder all the time but at the moment I'm using Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Deep which is a mixture of brown, red and orange but is still flattering. The trick with bronzer is to always use it with a light hand and blend it in like crazy.

I'm a MAC NC45, Bobbi Brown Warm Almond, Fashion Fair Butterscotch and an Estée Lauder Rich Caramel.

UPDATE: I ended up buying the Guerlain Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzing Powder in 08 Ebony instead anyway through Amazon. It looks absolutely lovely on and lasts all day. It looks like a nice enhancing combination of red, orange and brown on me and even though it looks too glittery in the compact itself it applies quite matte indeed with a brush. You won't look like a disco ball using this bronzer even if you use a lot of it for some strange reason!

Guerlain Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzing Powder in 08 Ebony is very comparable in color on me to Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Deep.

I may still buy the Guerlain Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzing Powder in 07 later on though as that is another good very dark bronzer that Guerlain makes but it appears totally matte and without shimmer in the compact.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I couldn't for some reason get the price lipsticks to work, anywho, I just want to add in writing that this bronzer is VERY expensive ($55)...however, I highly recommend and love it. Especially for you girls out there who are chocolate and brown-skinned, Guerlain I think is one of the few brands that carry bronzers we can use. In that regard (and those discussed below) I think it's worth it. I'm sure MAC and probs Bobbi Brown does, but when I came across this guerlain one it reminded me of one my mom used to use a long time ago and therefore had to have it. Tne packaging is very pretty and very luxe, even though it's reminiscent of both the body shop and physician's formula packages. The bronzer gives lovely color and it is HIGHLY pigmented which is great considering how pricey it is; so use sparingly. The one thing that might be a turn off for some is the fragrant powder that is this powder...and it's a very mature scent that takes some getting used to...once you do, you may either dislike it, or find it lovely like I do.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

My skintone....nc45 in MAC/Golden in Bobbi Brown. I picked up Ebony #8 and at first I was a little nervous about how dark it was in the pan the fear quickly subsided because this translates beautifully on my skin. Very subtle but it can go intense if I use a heavy hand. Its so finely milled that I can imagine not hitting pan for a long time. It gives such a realistic bronzed look that I will definitely re-purchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So, I'm not a bronzer virgin. I've been around the block and in and out of love with several. It doesn't make me a bronzer-whore, though, when you consider that different companies mean different things when they make bronzer. Some mean "glitter fest", others think it's stage makeup for your role as "annoying orange". Guerlain has it down, though, and that is why I am stopping to write this review.

Seriously, I own nothing else Guerlain-- and had never even given their line a look-see, until another MUAer and real-life friend (mrsrayhall, woot woot) told me she'd bought shade 8 and was happy. I went straight to Sephora and purchased 7. It is perfect. Gives a glowy, healthy look that is not disco-ball like. I like NARS casino, but in some way it seems not pigmented enough. This is perfect. I am using the NARS kabuki ITA brush (39 bucks well spent, but that's an entire other review), and it contours my round little cheeks, so beautifully, I am speechless. One lippie off for price (50 bucks is a LOT to spend on bronzer, even if I am worth it)-- but I think it will last a while because I only need a little. Try it, buy it, thank me later!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I only got this bronzer to use for contouring, I got the shade 7. I have dark skin and I could not find any bronzer that's dark enough or did not have any glitter. I also like the fact this does not go red on my skin when applied. I only need a little bit plus it is easy to blend.

My only pet peeve with this one is the price. It is really expensive for what it is. I do love the classic packaging however you would think Guerlain would at least include some kind of a brush or at least a pouch to go with the compact. I have to say I am so careful with this compact since it is so delicate. If you drop this it's done.

I would buy this again once it's done unless I find another brand that looks great for contouring. I think this would last me for at least 3 years. In the end this is worth my money.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

With my caramel complexion I have been searching for years for a bronzer without shimmer. I love that I can use this a bronzer, contour my cheekbones/jaw. or dust lightly for a great color.

I also love the smell. I use a number 7, which is too dark in winter for a allover powder but works well in summer.