GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

4.3

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So overpriced for what it is!
All shades are too dark and too orange to be natural looking on my skin.
It blends nicely, but NY Colors for 3$ blends the same. It stays put on, but the same NY Colors one lasts even better.
I've repurchased this bronzer 3 times during past 10 years, but I never hit the pan on any of them (I barely used any before tossing it off due to the expiration date).
They are pretty to look / nightmare to travel with (the packaging is exceptionally designed and very heavy), but there is no way I will buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I managed to find this in shade 04 at my local Winners (Canadian TJMaxx) so I only paid $30CAD for it, making it an absolute steal. It's a gorgeous gorgeous bronzer. A little bit too dark (NC20-25) but it blends out so perfectly and ends up looking so natural, it's like magic. It's never streaky, never patchy, and never hard to blend. If it does look a little too much, I can go over it with a large, clean fluffy brush and buff it out gently. Lasts alllll day with that beautiful effect and doesn't oxidize darker.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am bronzer-phobic but this is beautiful. I only have two bronzers, a GA and a Chanel, and I wear them rarely because I can never quite get the trick of it. I do the light-dusting-across-the-places-where-sun-would-hit-your-skin technique because contouring with a bronzer seems less foolproof and I prefer a very natural look as far as my skin goes. So I'm definitely not a bronzer expert by any means. I do love this though and I think it's the most flattering bronzer I've ever found for my extremely pale skin. I'm the palest shade in most foundation lines, about an NC5 or NC10 at a guess, and I bought this in 00.

It feels soft and blends really easily, doesn't ever looks streaky or patchy. It melds with my skin attractively as well without looking powdery or dry. I have normal, occasionally tight feeling skin depending on allergies and weather, and this doesn't make my skin feel dried out as some powders do. No sensitivity either despite the fragrance, which is ok but smells a little old fashioned to me in the way some other Guerlain powder products do not.

The color is very natural, doesn't veer orange or clash with my cool toned skin. I always dread looking strange with bronzer, like anyone can tell I'm not actually sunkissed. But this just adds the perfect amount of something that makes me look healthier. Ever since I bought this I've been using a few quick swipes of this with some mascara and gloss and I feel like I look more awake. It's just so easy and effortless. Lovely quality. My new must have.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best bronzer for me... I'll explain why... I was using Nars Laguna and tarte park avenue princess and they were very BROWN. Problem there is that I'm a cool light skin w very pink undertones and I don't get brown. So I was researching terracotta since it seemed like the gold standard in bronzers, and I now see why. Shades 00 & 02, which I both have, are very subtle and pinky. Well 00 is subtle 02 packs a punch. I don't have to use blush w 02. These colors look like MY skin if I had some color. 00 for winter, 02 for summer. I hear 04 is also pink based for light ish skins but I wouldn't try it as 02 is plenty dark. I have seen a chart online that explains this. 01,03, etc are supposedly more 'warm'. Cheers Guerlain!!! Can you do no wrong???

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the best bronzer ever! It's super finelly milled and compliments my skintone beautifully, I thought to try it because all the hype and because Temptalia always raves about it. I picked the shade 2 that strangely is darker than the 3 and I have a NC35-40 skintone, it has a tiny bit of orange in it which goes perfectly for a Latina skintone and it really looks like I went to the beach. The packaging is super luxurious, the compact has a mirror and I love the design. Totally would purchase again but I doubt I ever hit pan, you need the tiniest amount on the brush.

Its an OK product, really. It has a nice matte color that looks good even on my light skin tone. But its nothing special though. I think it was kinda expensive.. 50 dollars. probably the only product ive used so much money on..
Good thing a little goes a loooong way :- ))

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this bronzer, especially after reading such fabulous reviews. Despite it's cult like following, I found it to be too strong.
I have fair skin but I can still tan and look more like I have a medium tone. I purchased this in 00, which I believe is the lightest shade. It was just way too over powering. I thought that maybe I had put too much on so with the second attempt I barely touched my brush to the powder...same results.
I'm fine with spending money on expensive products if they deliver. Clearly the pigment quality of this bronzer is very good, but maybe too good for light skin tones.
Even it came in a lighter shade, I would have no margin for error.
I would actually try this on your face before you buy it (my mistake was simply getting a dusting on the back of my hand).
Bummed that I couldn't join the legions of women who swear by this bronzer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been on the search for a perfect bronzer for MONTHS because I have finally stopped spray tanning and I am now the palest of the pale. I got a 00 in this bronzer but will probably get an 02 for the summer. I LOVE it! It is not too orangey at all! Anyone who says this is not wearing the right color (01 was too orange on me). This is a hard color to find though! Only one out of three counters had it! But it is so smooth and I only use three taps to cover my whole face! This will last me FOREVER!! I tried bronzers from Chanel, Dior, Too Faced, Benefit, Drugstore, EVERYTHING! And this was the only bronzer that looked natural on me, so for me it is well worth the money since it will be my only bronzer in my collection. Go to a counter to get color matched though! Online colors are rather deceiving.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love using bronzer as blush, especially on days when I wear a pink shirt. I hate looking *too* pink.... pink cheeks, pink shirt, etc., so that's when I like to reach for my bronzer. I bought this one because I know Guerlain has a good reputation, and it looked matte, and I prefer matte blushes and bronzers. I paid about $50 for this bronzer, and for the price, I find this to be quite disappointing. It does not last all day on me, and it appears more orange on my NW20 skin than bronzers from other brands that I should have just stuck with. I was advised by a Sephora mua to buy the 01 (brunettes), which would seem agreeable since I am a brunette. I guess my biggest complaints are that this product appears too orange on me and is not long-lasting enough, but maybe that's a good thing. :) I will stick with NARS Laguna, Bobbi Brown bronzer in Medium, MAC Golden, or Laura Mercier's Moroccan Bronze or Bronzer powder in Shimmer from now on. Those look far more natural & flattering on my skintone. I will chalk up the purchase of this Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer as a costly error.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this bronzer in 02 and 20. I love 20, its a matte bronzer and gives a gorgeous glow without looking orange! Its a bronzer I often reach for. 02 is slightly more shimmery and can be orange if too much is applied, but this colour also looks lovely on! I do get comments about looking like "Ive caught the sun" with this product. Overall I think they are great if you can find one that suits you and they last ages! But I do find that the price has become rather high over the years.