GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Black

3.4

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Stays on for hours. Not drying. Lasts for a year.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I'm a bronzer junkie, always on the hunt for something that will warm up my pale, pale face and give me a bronzy glow! Anyways- I originally wanted to get the 4 seasons one(next on my wishlist!) but ended up with the terracota one #3 ( it was the only one available in my local counter )
It CAN lean slightly orange-y, but it works beautifully to warm up your complexion. Blends like a dream so you won't get those weird lines or bronze patches! (Phew) and the compact just feels sooo luxurious!
Will never use this to contour tho, too warm. The way I use this product in my daily routine:
Stilla 10in1 bronzing bb (primer), foundation, benefit bahama mama to contour (or sometimes LA girl pro concealer), guerlain terracota (on top of the contour, tip of my nose, forehead) then the balm hot mama to top it all off! And voila! Beautiful bronzed skin for NC30-35 skin. In my opinion, if you're lighter- it might lean a lil too orange or dark for you.

Is it my FAVORITE bronzer in the whole wide world? It's so hard to choose cause dift bronzers have dift uses and purposes! But for me, the one bronzer that works as a contour and a bronzer to warm up complexion has to be NARS laguna! It's not too taupe, not too ashy, not too dark and not too warm or orange. It can work as both contour and bronzer, so if you want value for your $$$ or new to bronzing- the NARS one is worth checking out!
But this is sooo recomended and will repurchase forever <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I was at the Guerlain counter in a shop in the center of town and the person working there told Terracotta bronzing powder in number 04 or 07 would be good for me. She said that she thought number 08 may be too dark for my purposes but number 08 is very pretty. Then I went to the Guerlain counter in a large department store where the salesperson put number 07 on me and I loved it. It was a darker brown that had more of a yellow undertone yet this brown was definitely much darker than me and not orange-y, red-dy, greyish and not muddy either. I found this color to be very contouring and sculpting too.

But that Guerlain salesperson really went to town on my left cheek and put too much on LOL but at least it's a lovely, true and enhancing brown. I haven't bought number 07 yet but I will eventually. I love wearing bronzer on top of my foundation and powder all the time but at the moment I'm using Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Deep which is a mixture of brown, red and orange but is still flattering. The trick with bronzer is to always use it with a light hand and blend it in like crazy.

I'm a MAC NC45, Bobbi Brown Warm Almond, Fashion Fair Butterscotch and an Estée Lauder Rich Caramel.

UPDATE: I ended up buying the Guerlain Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzing Powder in 08 Ebony instead anyway through Amazon. It looks absolutely lovely on and lasts all day. It looks like a nice enhancing combination of red, orange and brown on me and even though it looks too glittery in the compact itself it applies quite matte indeed with a brush. You won't look like a disco ball using this bronzer even if you use a lot of it for some strange reason!

Guerlain Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzing Powder in 08 Ebony is very comparable in color on me to Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Deep.

I may still buy the Guerlain Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzing Powder in 07 later on though as that is another good very dark bronzer that Guerlain makes but it appears totally matte and without shimmer in the compact.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I bought it based on the high reviews in MUA. Got the lightest colour in 00, this bronzer is not for me. It has red undertone which somehow make me looks very "dirty".
Guerlain fragrance in the bronzer too put me off. My least reached brozner but I will tried to used up. I do not seem to have any luck with Guerlain products.
I still prefer my Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil, Diorskin Nude Tan as well as Chanel Les Beige Healthy Glow. Will try the Givenchy Healthy Glow Powder the next time.

Will not repurchase.

Asian
NC20-25

Featherlight, so application and adherence superb: no harshness or dryness whatsoever. Natural but buildable colour result too, with just the right amount of subtle shimmer. A market leader.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product really does live up t the hype. It gives a lovely natural golden glow (I have dark olive skin), mainly matte but with the tiniest hint of shimmer. And best of all it lasts way longer on your face than other brands (e.g. Bobbi Brown's bronzer) and let's you gradually build up colour layer by layer so you can decide how bronzed you want to look. Expensive but worth it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have this bronzer in 02 and it's the one I'm reviewing. This bronzer is just orange and incredibly unnatural and fake looking. I hate when bronzers are orange, and this one is. It also has tiny sparkles, which I dislike. I hate when bronzers have sparkles (and most of them do) I just think they make the bronzer seem even faker and more unnatural lookig, plus I don't want sparkles on my face. Matte bronzers are the only ones I like (and I think that's the way every bronzer should be lol) because they look more natural and realistic and if you don't want sparkles on your face you don't get them, however if you want them, you can always use a matte bronzing powder then apply some shimmer, but it's impossible to get rid of the sparkles when they're in the bronzing powder thus I think bronzing powders should be matte. This bronzing powder also made my face itch, which never happened to me before with any cosmetics. Overall, this bronzer is really orange and fake looking and sparkly. Just BAD.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This bronzer is just orange and incredibly unnatural and fake looking. I hate when bronzers are orange, and this one is. It also has tiny sparkles, which I dislike. I hate when bronzers have sparkles (and most of them do) I just think they make the bronzer seem even faker and more unnatural lookig, plus I don't want sparkles on my face. Matte bronzers are the only ones I like (and I think that's the way every bronzer should be lol) because they look more natural and realistic and if you don't want sparkles on your face you don't get them, however if you want them, you can always use a matte bronzing powder then apply some shimmer, but it's impossible to get rid of the sparkles when they're in the bronzing powder thus I think bronzing powders should be matte. This bronzing powder also made my face itch, which never happened to me before with any cosmetics. Overall, this bronzer is orange and fake looking and sparkly. Just BAD.

Orange!!

Is it just me or do cosmetics companies keep "just missing the mark" on bronzers? I keep trying bronzers and I keep getting disappointed. The last bronzer I remember loving was by Calvin Klein years ago (golden brown, perfect shimmer, no orange, loads of compliments on my glowy tan-sigh). Obviously it was discontinued, but I haven't found THE replacement for it. This bronzer is a good quality softly shimmering powder bronzer with no scary glitter pieces but it just goes on slightly orange. I have medium golden skin (lots of yellow undertones) and this just didn't do it for me. I use it every other day willing myself to like it for the price I paid, but I am strongly tempted to give those drugstore bronzers a spin. If you must indulge in this and you are fortunate enough to not get an orange hue from this, use a soft brush to apply sheer layers until you get the depth of color you like. I have #3, maybe I will give #2 a try if it is available.