GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.4

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

So this bronzer is my favorite. I reach for this every single time. I have the original formula bronzer in Ebony and when I tell you it photographs beautiful. Omg. Yes it does. So for reference I'm a WOC. And if you use say a foundation that may be a little light or just not the right color. Fear Not Guerlain has got your back.

I bought this during a sale at around us $30 and there was only a limited selection of shade . The Color was so brown and red that it did not suit me. But what put me off was the scent, very grandmotherly. There is nothing special on the texture of the powder . I used it for es and loved the Color but eventually I gave it away .packaging is nice and hefty and quite Lux but the product is not really that pleasant

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my favourite bronzing powder, it looks so natural and I only need to use a tiny amount for it to last all day. I use it daily to contour just my nose, whole face contour on nights out and special occasions such as weddings etc and it looks stunning without being too shimmery/fake.
This is my staple and has lasted me years, even though the compact hinge broke shortly after buying but I can still close it and the powder doesn't leak at all.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Great colors for medium complexion women of color. #07 and #08 are the two darkest colors but word to the wise, they have very different undertones and depth, so if you're brown skin I suggest going in to the store to try them on. I actually found that #08 was actually a little lighter and more neutral than #07, which was warmer and darker. Kinda counter intuitive.
I have #08 and I love it. It isn't orangey but still gives warmth to my complexion. It doesn't break me out and blends lovely as well. It is not chalky at all, doesn't catch dry skin or highlight pores or texture. I find it fairly hydrating. It does have an older lady fragrance... maybe lilac but it's not overwhelming. My only complaint is the packaging, the hinge on the compact is weak and will inevitably break, exposing your product to air and gouges. That is very annoying.
I would also love to buy 07 as well but at $60 a pop it hasn't exactly happened.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Unlike their old bronzing liquid (called terracotta tinted moisturizer, with the wood cap and glass bottle), I don't understand the hype for this bronzing powder. It must be individual preference, but I have noticed that it wafts around the face easily and wears off (although not in a patchy way, since it applies so sheerly). I have it in 03. The colour is fine. Orange-brown, suits me. The powder is finely milled but I think it does not adhere well. Also, perhaps due to being so light in texture, I just don't think it applies very evenly despite having tried different brushes. You have to build it up but then the unevenness shows. I don't want to name her but a beauty blogger unintentionally displayed this in her rave review... if you Google Guerlain bronzing powder u might come across the image. There is a before and after, and the after is not a soft smooth buffed out tan colour, but an uneven splotch. That is how it often ends up on me. I think that Too Faced bronzers all top Guerlain. This is better for an allover wash of bronze with a big powder brush, perhaps...like a deep setting powder... but that isn't how I always want bronzer to work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It is "the" bronzer. A classic. Never broke me out. Perfect shade (3). When I'm not in the mood to put any makeup on, I just put this on. It makes my face look lively, racist and fresh. I will always repurchase as long as Guerlain makes it. Just make sure you buy the Brush guerlain makes for putting bronzer on. I think it makes the difference as much as the bronzer itself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Gorgeous bronzer. I have tons of bronzers but I always feel like I don't have that st tropez sexy tan. I am an NC45 in MAC for reference. I bought this in #7. I do love it but I didn't love the price. Until I find something better I will repurchase.
I took of 2 lippies for price and cheap packaging.

In love with this product. It's the perfect bronzer: not too dark, stays put for several hours, not an obnoxious level of shimmer. I do prefer a completely matte bronzer for daytime (Bobbi Brown), but this is my go-to nighttime bronzer. Only downfall is the packaging. Compact hinge broke after about a month of use, now the clasp digs into the bronzer when it's just simply "stacked" on top and makes a mess in my makeup bag. Hard to transport when broken, but I still make it work because I love the product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love love love! Gives me a perfect bronzed glow!!! My compact clasp broke after a week though, so it makes it hard to travel with ;(

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I couldn't for some reason get the price lipsticks to work, anywho, I just want to add in writing that this bronzer is VERY expensive ($55)...however, I highly recommend and love it. Especially for you girls out there who are chocolate and brown-skinned, Guerlain I think is one of the few brands that carry bronzers we can use. In that regard (and those discussed below) I think it's worth it. I'm sure MAC and probs Bobbi Brown does, but when I came across this guerlain one it reminded me of one my mom used to use a long time ago and therefore had to have it. Tne packaging is very pretty and very luxe, even though it's reminiscent of both the body shop and physician's formula packages. The bronzer gives lovely color and it is HIGHLY pigmented which is great considering how pricey it is; so use sparingly. The one thing that might be a turn off for some is the fragrant powder that is this powder...and it's a very mature scent that takes some getting used to...once you do, you may either dislike it, or find it lovely like I do.