GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

4.3

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can’t believe I have never tried this before until now, but then again I never bought a bronzer until last year. I didn’t know they came in shades and there are options for fair skinned people. This bronzer is available in 10 shades, the biggest shade range offered. Kudos to Guerlain!
I played it safe by getting shade 00 clair blondes, which has a slight pink undertone. I believe Guerlain is assuming blondes are cool toned and brunettes are warm because the brunette shades are yellow, good to know if you don’t want any pink. And I mean pink, not orange, like there’s a touch of blusher built in. My skin looks slightly pink when I’ve been in the sun, so it makes sense.
I do the recommended Guerlain “3” placement technique and I absolutely love the slightly bronzed glow it gives me, it looks very natural and impossible to tell I have it on. It has the ever so slightest touch of shimmer in it, I have to hold the compact up in the light and move it around to see it and it definitely doesn’t show on the skin. Definitely not drying as well, my skin is dry so I appreciate this.
After all, Guerlain wants us to look like we spend time at some exotic or otherwise chic foreign location where you would be an idiot to be inside away from the sun. And feel like it too, after we pay, this is the most I’ve spent ever for a single pan of product. Sure, there might be other bronzers out there just as good and cheaper, but the tortoise shell colored compact is glamorously petite for its contents, no oversized or excessive packaging here, yet the pan is large enough to accommodate a large fluffy brush with ease. It is fragranced, so sensitive skins may want to pass or use with caution. I personally think it smells luxuriously delicious and perhaps my olfactory transport to the above mentioned location is due to a carefully and well curated fragrance.
I am absolutely in love with this and already have a second in my stash before I even barely broke the surface on the first.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Guerlain was the first cosmetic company to create bronzing powder in 1984, and they still have the best bronzers on the market in my opinion! They have a variety of choices, and the shades never look orange or unnatural. The best selection of bronzer shades on the market as well. Yes, they are expensive, but worth it to me. You can build up the intensity. This specific bronzer is their original, no frills bronzer that leaves a natural matte finish. A little goes a long way, it will last me a year since I need to use so little of the product.

The best bronzer, this is all I need to be ready to go out.

I have this in shade 01.

Aaaand it's orange. I can manage to make it work though. It's very pigmented, but the powder is extremely fine. I don't need to blend it, just because of how fine the powder is. I don't use this often, usually only in the summer. When I do, I only put in on my temples, cheekbones, and as jaw contouring. I only use a small amount because my skin is pale and this is very pigmented. If I apply too much, it looks orange.

The amazing part - it's waterproof. I can put this on and have a shower and it's still there. The flipside of that is that like most Guerlain products, it is difficult to remove.

The price works out. I have had this bronzer for four years. It lasts a long time.

Perfect bronzer for those who are very fair-skinned (EDIT: I have no. 00). Gives the skin a sublte boost, no shimmer, looks very natural. It is expensive, but absolutely worth it. The only thing I am disappointed about is the quality of the packaging: the hinge broke just from carrying the compact in my purse: a shame really. Other than that: this bronzer is my musthave: if I could only choose one makeup product, it would be this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this in 02 which I think is natural blonde. It's just beautiful and so easy to apply. It's not cheap but it's worth every penny in my opinion . It's very natural looking and can be built up for a more intense look. Doesn't look muddy or too orange for my fair skin . I love it, perfect for blonde ladies :-).

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BRONZER!!!

I have the 00 make up artist that I believe is discontinued now, that's a shame not only because it had not shimmer and/or sparkles but also matched perfect my skin and I am very fair and I can not use too dark bronzer, this was your color after a day on the beach! Lovely.

This bronzer is fantastic. it's not dry and gives a nice glow finish without enphatizing the pores. I have tried also the MEN TERRACOTTA of Guerlain, that is with not sparkles or shimmers but it's more reddish and if you are fair is not the perfect bronzer.

Packaging is very elegant and compact. Price is high but it will last you forever!

The whole matching up based on eye and hair color seems really gimicky but it actually works, the blonde/blue eye shade is perfect for me. I look glowy and healthy not orange or sparkly like most bronzers. The price is nutso but nearly worth it I think.

Probably the most expensive product I have in my makeup bag, but it's worth it! Since I have very fair skin naturally I've always had problems with finding the perfect bronzer that does not overdo it. This bronzer is therefor perfect for me, it looks naturally on me, and it's easy to apply. Well spent money and I will definitely buy it again!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this bronzer for at least five years now and consistently repurchase as it is amazing! I use shade 01. It brings my face to life by adding depth and dimension. I feel like I look dead without it! In addition to using it on my temples, chin, nose and down my neck, I primarily use it as a contour on my cheeks as it is a matt bronzer and if applied correctly it really does just look like a natural shadow on your cheekbones. Gorgeous! Could not rave about this bronzer enough.