GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

3.9

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Stays on for hours. Not drying. Lasts for a year.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Unlike their old bronzing liquid (called terracotta tinted moisturizer, with the wood cap and glass bottle), I don't understand the hype for this bronzing powder. It must be individual preference, but I have noticed that it wafts around the face easily and wears off (although not in a patchy way, since it applies so sheerly). I have it in 03. The colour is fine. Orange-brown, suits me. The powder is finely milled but I think it does not adhere well. Also, perhaps due to being so light in texture, I just don't think it applies very evenly despite having tried different brushes. You have to build it up but then the unevenness shows. I don't want to name her but a beauty blogger unintentionally displayed this in her rave review... if you Google Guerlain bronzing powder u might come across the image. There is a before and after, and the after is not a soft smooth buffed out tan colour, but an uneven splotch. That is how it often ends up on me. I think that Too Faced bronzers all top Guerlain. This is better for an allover wash of bronze with a big powder brush, perhaps...like a deep setting powder... but that isn't how I always want bronzer to work.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I'm a bronzer junkie, always on the hunt for something that will warm up my pale, pale face and give me a bronzy glow! Anyways- I originally wanted to get the 4 seasons one(next on my wishlist!) but ended up with the terracota one #3 ( it was the only one available in my local counter )
It CAN lean slightly orange-y, but it works beautifully to warm up your complexion. Blends like a dream so you won't get those weird lines or bronze patches! (Phew) and the compact just feels sooo luxurious!
Will never use this to contour tho, too warm. The way I use this product in my daily routine:
Stilla 10in1 bronzing bb (primer), foundation, benefit bahama mama to contour (or sometimes LA girl pro concealer), guerlain terracota (on top of the contour, tip of my nose, forehead) then the balm hot mama to top it all off! And voila! Beautiful bronzed skin for NC30-35 skin. In my opinion, if you're lighter- it might lean a lil too orange or dark for you.

Is it my FAVORITE bronzer in the whole wide world? It's so hard to choose cause dift bronzers have dift uses and purposes! But for me, the one bronzer that works as a contour and a bronzer to warm up complexion has to be NARS laguna! It's not too taupe, not too ashy, not too dark and not too warm or orange. It can work as both contour and bronzer, so if you want value for your $$$ or new to bronzing- the NARS one is worth checking out!
But this is sooo recomended and will repurchase forever <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Bought this in 03 thinking there is no shade more perfect than this for my face. It was completely ORANGE on me, and I have a light golden complexion. Additionally, my skin was itchy almost immediately upon application and this caused some serious irritation on my skin. I hate how heavily fragranced Guerlain products are, and I will be staying far away from all of them. Two stars for being silky smooth, illuminating, not blotchy, and having really great depth.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is the BEST bronzer that you could ever think of getting, imo!

I'm an nc35 and I have it in #3 and it looks very natural.
The bronzer itself is extremely buttery and not powdery at all.

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

This may shock some but I got this bronzer in 08 Ebony Terracotta moisturizing bronzer powder..and I am NC20-25. The MA said to me it was way to dark for my skintone..etc.., but I told her I wanted a red toned bronzer, not orange or yellow and lately that is what I have been swatching with other brands. I love the color of MAC bronzer in Bronze, but the pigmentation was awful and frankly did not show up on the face. Getting back to this bronzer, great pigmentation, you only need a small amount with a fluffy brush for a nice sheer sunkissed look, its great for contouring and can be used as a blush also. There is no glitter but there is a slight sheen that gives you this nice glow not glittery/discoball effect. The scent is not too heavy and it does go away after 5 minutes on the face..I am sensitive to strong scented cosmetics..ex. Lancome and Dior products. I have oily skin so this bronzer does not last all day, but nothing does on my skin. it does not turn orange, so far not break outs. Applies smoothly and blends very well. When i am wearing this bronzer I dont feel like I have anything on my face, with some bronzers I can sort of feel the heavyness of having makeup on the face, if that makes sense. If you are very fair this will not work for you, but for those leaning towards light/medium and medium this will work if you are looking for a sunkissed look ,if applied lightly. I love this bronzer, glad I did not listen to the MA because she suggest 05 and on my hand it looked orangish. I dont normally buy Guerlain products because they are expensive and usually you can find similar products from other brands cheaper, like their lipsticks for example, prefer MAC, but this is just my opinion. This bronzer was worth the price tag because I could not find a good bronzer for me and what I wanted in colour..from drugstore to higher brands. Give this color a try you might be surprised.:)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I just bought this from Sephora the other day and I think this is the bronzer that will prevent me from straying to ones from any other brand! I bought the 03 shade and it is so perfect with my nc 35 skintone.

It melts into my skin and the shimmer that you might have seen in the pan is almost invisible after applied. I like the light lavender-rose frangrance, but I can see where others might not. The smell is not apparent when worn though so it's probably not a big deal either way.

Some might argue that it runs too orange, but the key is to apply with a very light hand...you should only need to barely touch the top of your brush to the powder and then apply to the high points on your cheekbones, and sweep any remaining product on your temples and the very top of your forehead. I also lightly apply on the bridge of my nose and chin when I want that "just got back from the beach" look.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have this in number three. I dont' know why....i'ts ..like..orange! it's orange in the pan i thought it would look differnet on my face but nope! it was like putting orange powder on my face! Well...not THAT orange. but it really did look like a fake tan. returning this

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This the best bronzing powder I ever tried !!!
Don't try another one, this one is the best ...

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have the original No2. It's been sitting around collecting dust until this year. I'm usually an outdoors person but recently haven't gotten outside much during the day so my skin is pasty white. A touch of this with a light hand is all you need and voila, instant color!