GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed

3.3

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I was at the Guerlain counter in a shop in the center of town and the person working there told Terracotta bronzing powder in number 04 or 07 would be good for me. She said that she thought number 08 may be too dark for my purposes but number 08 is very pretty. Then I went to the Guerlain counter in a large department store where the salesperson put number 07 on me and I loved it. It was a darker brown that had more of a yellow undertone yet this brown was definitely much darker than me and not orange-y, red-dy, greyish and not muddy either. I found this color to be very contouring and sculpting too.

But that Guerlain salesperson really went to town on my left cheek and put too much on LOL but at least it's a lovely, true and enhancing brown. I haven't bought number 07 yet but I will eventually. I love wearing bronzer on top of my foundation and powder all the time but at the moment I'm using Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Deep which is a mixture of brown, red and orange but is still flattering. The trick with bronzer is to always use it with a light hand and blend it in like crazy.

I'm a MAC NC45, Bobbi Brown Warm Almond, Fashion Fair Butterscotch and an Estée Lauder Rich Caramel.

UPDATE: I ended up buying the Guerlain Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzing Powder in 08 Ebony instead anyway through Amazon. It looks absolutely lovely on and lasts all day. It looks like a nice enhancing combination of red, orange and brown on me and even though it looks too glittery in the compact itself it applies quite matte indeed with a brush. You won't look like a disco ball using this bronzer even if you use a lot of it for some strange reason!

Guerlain Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzing Powder in 08 Ebony is very comparable in color on me to Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Deep.

I may still buy the Guerlain Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzing Powder in 07 later on though as that is another good very dark bronzer that Guerlain makes but it appears totally matte and without shimmer in the compact.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I bought it based on the high reviews in MUA. Got the lightest colour in 00, this bronzer is not for me. It has red undertone which somehow make me looks very "dirty".
Guerlain fragrance in the bronzer too put me off. My least reached brozner but I will tried to used up. I do not seem to have any luck with Guerlain products.
I still prefer my Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil, Diorskin Nude Tan as well as Chanel Les Beige Healthy Glow. Will try the Givenchy Healthy Glow Powder the next time.

Will not repurchase.

Asian
NC20-25

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

With my caramel complexion I have been searching for years for a bronzer without shimmer. I love that I can use this a bronzer, contour my cheekbones/jaw. or dust lightly for a great color.

I also love the smell. I use a number 7, which is too dark in winter for a allover powder but works well in summer.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

To be quite honest, i just thought this was "eh". I went to my local Sephora and the SA raved about how wonderful this bronzer was and how EVERYONE was wearing it and it was the ONLY bronzer I would ever purchase, blah blah blah. So i shelled out the $50 (which i thought was waaay overpriced) and see how well it worked. To me, it was just like any bronzer.. to be honest, it is a dupe for the wet n wild princess bronzer which was $2.99!!! I was horrified. I had to do a side by side comparison and yes, the Guerlain did go on smoother and not as ruddy, but the color payoff was almost spot on. I will keep the Guerlain just to say I was crazy enough to spend $$$$ on it but I will never repurchase again. Very disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I have tried many bronzers over the years and by far this is the best one! I was using Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess and they discontinued it and came out with a "newer and better" version. I was so disappointed but decided to give Guerlain a try. I am so glad that I did. Now I am using the #3 (I am a light caramel colour) and it gives me the perfect sunkissed glow. Once summer hits, I will be switching to my #5. I alos have a combination skin type and it does not make me look shiny and it stays on all day!! Having a medium warm skin tone, makes it difficult to find a bronzer that isn't orange or muddy looking, so, I was glad that this one did not make me look like an oompa loompa. As for the price, I think it was reasonable for the amount and quality of product. I just hope they don't decide to change the formulation. It's great as it is! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have this in number three. I dont' know why....i'ts ..like..orange! it's orange in the pan i thought it would look differnet on my face but nope! it was like putting orange powder on my face! Well...not THAT orange. but it really did look like a fake tan. returning this