GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by hair type : Curly

4.3

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm reviewing #07. This is one of the priciest products I own, but the truth is: If you are dark-skinned (I'm NC42-NC44) and live in Scandinavia, you have to shell out if you want a matte bronzer for contouring, there's no other brand that make bronzers this dark. This powder does have a slight skin-like glow that the eye will read as skin, not as makeup. It's pigmented, easy to blend and does not break me out. The color is great, it -could- be a tiny bit less red (I have almost no red tones in my skin, I am very yellow, so this might not be true to everyone).

WARNING: Heavily scented. Does not bother me.

I found the packaging pretty, but fragile. Mine broke and I had to fix it with tape.
I've hit pan after 16 months of daily to weekly use. I am satisfied and will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the best bronzer ever! It's super finelly milled and compliments my skintone beautifully, I thought to try it because all the hype and because Temptalia always raves about it. I picked the shade 2 that strangely is darker than the 3 and I have a NC35-40 skintone, it has a tiny bit of orange in it which goes perfectly for a Latina skintone and it really looks like I went to the beach. The packaging is super luxurious, the compact has a mirror and I love the design. Totally would purchase again but I doubt I ever hit pan, you need the tiniest amount on the brush.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this bronzer for at least five years now and consistently repurchase as it is amazing! I use shade 01. It brings my face to life by adding depth and dimension. I feel like I look dead without it! In addition to using it on my temples, chin, nose and down my neck, I primarily use it as a contour on my cheeks as it is a matt bronzer and if applied correctly it really does just look like a natural shadow on your cheekbones. Gorgeous! Could not rave about this bronzer enough.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I thought this award winning, highly acclaimed, Terracotta bronzer was once again too dark, even in the color 00. It also had a fragrance and texture that was irritating to my ultra sensitive skin. The color 00 and 01 were both too orange with red undertones. Simply put, not too flattering on my fair skin. I personally think Guerlain is one of those brands that is over hyped and way over priced. Next!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've been using this bronzer for a couple of years, and I just love it! It has NO sparkle (don't get me wrong, I love sparkle) so it looks more natural than bronzers with shimmer.
It goes on easily, too. I'm very fair and color 01 is perfect, and allows me to layer for a light tan or something deeper.
I've warn this all day and I've never had to reapply. And it doesn't dry out your skin.
The only downside is that my skin is oily and that makes the top of the powder clump a bit.

BOTTOM LINE: No shimmer, allows for a more natural tan. Goes on easy, and long lasting.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

OK, I thought I would treat myself when I bought this, but NO WAY! It is sooo expensive for what it is! The powder contains shimmers, which I don't really like. Plus, HUGE break out! And i'm not prone to break out at ALL. I have dry skin. But everytime I use this powder, I get tiny little pimples on my cheeks. And the worst part is, I got this in number 3, under the recommandation on the seller, and it is way too dark! I got a medium complexion, and this just look too much.--Kind of orange also, not a beautiful bronze...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Wow, i got #20, and this is lovely! It makes me look more refreshed! It doesn't look fake, nor make my skin look "dirty" like all the other bronzers I've tried. I've got really fair skin, and this is natural looking and subtle, helping to give me a more rested, healthy glow. It lasted pretty long, too, and didn't streak. It did settle a bit into my fine lines on my brow, but just about everything does after 10 hours...