GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by hair type : Other

4.4

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

So this bronzer is my favorite. I reach for this every single time. I have the original formula bronzer in Ebony and when I tell you it photographs beautiful. Omg. Yes it does. So for reference I'm a WOC. And if you use say a foundation that may be a little light or just not the right color. Fear Not Guerlain has got your back.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Guerlain was the first cosmetic company to create bronzing powder in 1984, and they still have the best bronzers on the market in my opinion! They have a variety of choices, and the shades never look orange or unnatural. The best selection of bronzer shades on the market as well. Yes, they are expensive, but worth it to me. You can build up the intensity. This specific bronzer is their original, no frills bronzer that leaves a natural matte finish. A little goes a long way, it will last me a year since I need to use so little of the product.

This is a must-have for any woman I think. The colours are different depths of dark and medium so do try them on properly but once you get your colour you will never use another bronzer. It provides warmth and depth to the face and it blends very well, softening the makeup underneath. Overall, amazing product to pair with your red lips.

Is it a pretty bronzer? Yes. Is it worth $60? Not really. That's the bottom line for me. I'm too young to remember what it was like when these were first released but from what I understand it was pretty revolutionary in the beauty world. Makeup has significantly advanced since then and I just don't think you need to spend THIS much money to get a decent bronzer. There are other great options out there for a less cringe worthy price tag i.e Bobbi Brown, Nars, Too Faced.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Unlike their old bronzing liquid (called terracotta tinted moisturizer, with the wood cap and glass bottle), I don't understand the hype for this bronzing powder. It must be individual preference, but I have noticed that it wafts around the face easily and wears off (although not in a patchy way, since it applies so sheerly). I have it in 03. The colour is fine. Orange-brown, suits me. The powder is finely milled but I think it does not adhere well. Also, perhaps due to being so light in texture, I just don't think it applies very evenly despite having tried different brushes. You have to build it up but then the unevenness shows. I don't want to name her but a beauty blogger unintentionally displayed this in her rave review... if you Google Guerlain bronzing powder u might come across the image. There is a before and after, and the after is not a soft smooth buffed out tan colour, but an uneven splotch. That is how it often ends up on me. I think that Too Faced bronzers all top Guerlain. This is better for an allover wash of bronze with a big powder brush, perhaps...like a deep setting powder... but that isn't how I always want bronzer to work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Gorgeous bronzer. I have tons of bronzers but I always feel like I don't have that st tropez sexy tan. I am an NC45 in MAC for reference. I bought this in #7. I do love it but I didn't love the price. Until I find something better I will repurchase.
I took of 2 lippies for price and cheap packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love love love! Gives me a perfect bronzed glow!!! My compact clasp broke after a week though, so it makes it hard to travel with ;(

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is expensive but worth it as it has a lot of shade selection to suit every ones skin color.
dlends easy and looks as natural or harsh you make it

Perfect bronzer for those who are very fair-skinned (EDIT: I have no. 00). Gives the skin a sublte boost, no shimmer, looks very natural. It is expensive, but absolutely worth it. The only thing I am disappointed about is the quality of the packaging: the hinge broke just from carrying the compact in my purse: a shame really. Other than that: this bronzer is my musthave: if I could only choose one makeup product, it would be this one.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

My skintone....nc45 in MAC/Golden in Bobbi Brown. I picked up Ebony #8 and at first I was a little nervous about how dark it was in the pan the fear quickly subsided because this translates beautifully on my skin. Very subtle but it can go intense if I use a heavy hand. Its so finely milled that I can imagine not hitting pan for a long time. It gives such a realistic bronzed look that I will definitely re-purchase.