GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.1

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

I bought this during a sale at around us $30 and there was only a limited selection of shade . The Color was so brown and red that it did not suit me. But what put me off was the scent, very grandmotherly. There is nothing special on the texture of the powder . I used it for es and loved the Color but eventually I gave it away .packaging is nice and hefty and quite Lux but the product is not really that pleasant

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Guerlain was the first cosmetic company to create bronzing powder in 1984, and they still have the best bronzers on the market in my opinion! They have a variety of choices, and the shades never look orange or unnatural. The best selection of bronzer shades on the market as well. Yes, they are expensive, but worth it to me. You can build up the intensity. This specific bronzer is their original, no frills bronzer that leaves a natural matte finish. A little goes a long way, it will last me a year since I need to use so little of the product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So overpriced for what it is!
All shades are too dark and too orange to be natural looking on my skin.
It blends nicely, but NY Colors for 3$ blends the same. It stays put on, but the same NY Colors one lasts even better.
I've repurchased this bronzer 3 times during past 10 years, but I never hit the pan on any of them (I barely used any before tossing it off due to the expiration date).
They are pretty to look / nightmare to travel with (the packaging is exceptionally designed and very heavy), but there is no way I will buy it again.

In love with this product. It's the perfect bronzer: not too dark, stays put for several hours, not an obnoxious level of shimmer. I do prefer a completely matte bronzer for daytime (Bobbi Brown), but this is my go-to nighttime bronzer. Only downfall is the packaging. Compact hinge broke after about a month of use, now the clasp digs into the bronzer when it's just simply "stacked" on top and makes a mess in my makeup bag. Hard to transport when broken, but I still make it work because I love the product.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I'm NC20-25 for reference and bought this is 03. This is my one and only bronzer (for now?). I was pretty turned off by bronzer before thinking ha why would I want to be this weird orangey colour. But after learning about adding depth to your face I picked up this one since so many people raved about it. It DOES add a lot of depth to your face (applying around the edges of your face), especially if your face is now a uniform colour from wearing foundation, and also does give a nice sun kissed glow (when applied on cheeks and fore head ish area). It's definitely NOT for contouring and is purely a bronzer. It isn't orangey on me so that's great! Quelled my original fears of orangey bronzer. The packing is okay though, it can be momentarily confusing about which side to open the compact. The compact is lovely though (brown overlay over a nice gueralin design) and the distinct smell doesn't bother me.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I bought it based on the high reviews in MUA. Got the lightest colour in 00, this bronzer is not for me. It has red undertone which somehow make me looks very "dirty".
Guerlain fragrance in the bronzer too put me off. My least reached brozner but I will tried to used up. I do not seem to have any luck with Guerlain products.
I still prefer my Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil, Diorskin Nude Tan as well as Chanel Les Beige Healthy Glow. Will try the Givenchy Healthy Glow Powder the next time.

Will not repurchase.

Asian
NC20-25

Amazing bronzer, I've had mine for about 5 years and it's still going strong despite me using it every day!
Little secret- I use the men's version of this bronzer (yes, it exists). It has no shimmer and it looks SO natural. As with most products for men, it's made as subtle as possible on purpose so no one knows you're wearing makeup. But my mother uses the women's version and it's just as good- just has a bit more of a "makeup" feel to it.
I use it to give a bit of colour and deifniton to my cheekbones, but it's very buildable.
Love it, don't know what I'll do when it finishes because it's quite expensive.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best bronzer for me... I'll explain why... I was using Nars Laguna and tarte park avenue princess and they were very BROWN. Problem there is that I'm a cool light skin w very pink undertones and I don't get brown. So I was researching terracotta since it seemed like the gold standard in bronzers, and I now see why. Shades 00 & 02, which I both have, are very subtle and pinky. Well 00 is subtle 02 packs a punch. I don't have to use blush w 02. These colors look like MY skin if I had some color. 00 for winter, 02 for summer. I hear 04 is also pink based for light ish skins but I wouldn't try it as 02 is plenty dark. I have seen a chart online that explains this. 01,03, etc are supposedly more 'warm'. Cheers Guerlain!!! Can you do no wrong???

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BRONZER!!!

I have the 00 make up artist that I believe is discontinued now, that's a shame not only because it had not shimmer and/or sparkles but also matched perfect my skin and I am very fair and I can not use too dark bronzer, this was your color after a day on the beach! Lovely.

This bronzer is fantastic. it's not dry and gives a nice glow finish without enphatizing the pores. I have tried also the MEN TERRACOTTA of Guerlain, that is with not sparkles or shimmers but it's more reddish and if you are fair is not the perfect bronzer.

Packaging is very elegant and compact. Price is high but it will last you forever!

I came across this by chance when I was 14 and have used it since! More than ten years now. I just love it. I use number 3 through, so it has less of the red-ness in it.