GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

3.4

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So overpriced for what it is!
All shades are too dark and too orange to be natural looking on my skin.
It blends nicely, but NY Colors for 3$ blends the same. It stays put on, but the same NY Colors one lasts even better.
I've repurchased this bronzer 3 times during past 10 years, but I never hit the pan on any of them (I barely used any before tossing it off due to the expiration date).
They are pretty to look / nightmare to travel with (the packaging is exceptionally designed and very heavy), but there is no way I will buy it again.

The best bronzer, this is all I need to be ready to go out.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Unlike their old bronzing liquid (called terracotta tinted moisturizer, with the wood cap and glass bottle), I don't understand the hype for this bronzing powder. It must be individual preference, but I have noticed that it wafts around the face easily and wears off (although not in a patchy way, since it applies so sheerly). I have it in 03. The colour is fine. Orange-brown, suits me. The powder is finely milled but I think it does not adhere well. Also, perhaps due to being so light in texture, I just don't think it applies very evenly despite having tried different brushes. You have to build it up but then the unevenness shows. I don't want to name her but a beauty blogger unintentionally displayed this in her rave review... if you Google Guerlain bronzing powder u might come across the image. There is a before and after, and the after is not a soft smooth buffed out tan colour, but an uneven splotch. That is how it often ends up on me. I think that Too Faced bronzers all top Guerlain. This is better for an allover wash of bronze with a big powder brush, perhaps...like a deep setting powder... but that isn't how I always want bronzer to work.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is definitely one of my HG bronzers (the other is Too Faced Chocolate Soliel). I'm very picky when it comes to makeup and I think this bronzer really is worth the money, its probably the most high quality bronzer I've ever tried. Good shades for my skin are 03 and 05 I'm an NC35-NC40. The only really con for me is the packaging, I imagine if you drop it, it'll break. Though pretty its not very sturdy and its very top-heavy on the mirror.
TEXTURE:
Not powdery or chalky at all, very smooth and dense. It has a slightly baby-powder/old lady scent, that was a little off putting to me at first but now I kinda like it, the scent doesn't linger and its not irritating. It's not completely matte, there are very very fine gold shimmers but its not chunky at all or noticeable on the skin. It's got quite the pigmentation for a bronzer so you don't need too much, so it can be easy to over do.
FINISH:
BEAUTIFUL. It's so natural looking on the skin. Its not completely flat or dull at all without any noticeable shimmer. It really blends into the skin beautifully, its almost as if it just melts into the skin seamlessly. The finish is impeccable and unmatched. The shades are all very natural and really mimic a natural tan.
WEAR POWER:
Incredible wear power. The absolute longest lasting bronzer I've tried to date. I find it doesn't get blotchy or streaky on me even after wearing it for 14+ hours and holds up really well against my combo skin. It adheres to the skin really well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this bronzer, especially after reading such fabulous reviews. Despite it's cult like following, I found it to be too strong.
I have fair skin but I can still tan and look more like I have a medium tone. I purchased this in 00, which I believe is the lightest shade. It was just way too over powering. I thought that maybe I had put too much on so with the second attempt I barely touched my brush to the powder...same results.
I'm fine with spending money on expensive products if they deliver. Clearly the pigment quality of this bronzer is very good, but maybe too good for light skin tones.
Even it came in a lighter shade, I would have no margin for error.
I would actually try this on your face before you buy it (my mistake was simply getting a dusting on the back of my hand).
Bummed that I couldn't join the legions of women who swear by this bronzer.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

To be quite honest, i just thought this was "eh". I went to my local Sephora and the SA raved about how wonderful this bronzer was and how EVERYONE was wearing it and it was the ONLY bronzer I would ever purchase, blah blah blah. So i shelled out the $50 (which i thought was waaay overpriced) and see how well it worked. To me, it was just like any bronzer.. to be honest, it is a dupe for the wet n wild princess bronzer which was $2.99!!! I was horrified. I had to do a side by side comparison and yes, the Guerlain did go on smoother and not as ruddy, but the color payoff was almost spot on. I will keep the Guerlain just to say I was crazy enough to spend $$$$ on it but I will never repurchase again. Very disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I thought this award winning, highly acclaimed, Terracotta bronzer was once again too dark, even in the color 00. It also had a fragrance and texture that was irritating to my ultra sensitive skin. The color 00 and 01 were both too orange with red undertones. Simply put, not too flattering on my fair skin. I personally think Guerlain is one of those brands that is over hyped and way over priced. Next!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love using bronzer as blush, especially on days when I wear a pink shirt. I hate looking *too* pink.... pink cheeks, pink shirt, etc., so that's when I like to reach for my bronzer. I bought this one because I know Guerlain has a good reputation, and it looked matte, and I prefer matte blushes and bronzers. I paid about $50 for this bronzer, and for the price, I find this to be quite disappointing. It does not last all day on me, and it appears more orange on my NW20 skin than bronzers from other brands that I should have just stuck with. I was advised by a Sephora mua to buy the 01 (brunettes), which would seem agreeable since I am a brunette. I guess my biggest complaints are that this product appears too orange on me and is not long-lasting enough, but maybe that's a good thing. :) I will stick with NARS Laguna, Bobbi Brown bronzer in Medium, MAC Golden, or Laura Mercier's Moroccan Bronze or Bronzer powder in Shimmer from now on. Those look far more natural & flattering on my skintone. I will chalk up the purchase of this Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer as a costly error.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

oh god when they call it teracotta theyre not kidding!! this is ORANGE,bright muddy orange. it didnt look right at all. everyone talks about this brand especially their bronzers so i was extremely disappointed with this. an umpa lumpa is not the look i am trying to achieve! i am going to try Nars laguna next so hopefully fingers crossed i achieve better results such as nice glowy sunkissed skin instead of this orange mess!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Well, I have had the Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzing Powder Long Lasting in No. 2 forever. I hardly ever used it till this week, and I've been using it for two days. The first time I wore it, I looked tan and healthy. The second day I wore it, today, I used a very light selftanner first (Chanel Golden), then moisturizier then the bronzer all over with a big powder brush. Used Chanel 4 Fleurs de Chanel for the eyes, no blush! and a very light lipstick. I went to the Therry Mugler counter to check on a perfume price when the girl behind the counter who has seen me before asked whether I highlighted my hair or what I did. She said I looked fantastic. I said I did nothing but used Guerlain's bronzer and after I wandered off to the Chanel counter, she came up to me and asked me to show her what I used because she wants the look. Let me just say that she is about 20 years younger than me and gorgeous to begin with. She needs no makeup. I told her it was Guerlain and the Chanel girl wasn't happy with me but hey, it's the truth. I also got a guy speaking with an amazing English accent run up to me and give me his card telling me to call him, and another GORGEOUS guy, I mean full full head of salt and pepper hair, stunning smile, fabulous suit, come up to me, ask me what I do, then asked for my phone number. YOWZA. This is a HIT! I wish I had been wearing this all along - maybe I would be married by now!