GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

So this bronzer is my favorite. I reach for this every single time. I have the original formula bronzer in Ebony and when I tell you it photographs beautiful. Omg. Yes it does. So for reference I'm a WOC. And if you use say a foundation that may be a little light or just not the right color. Fear Not Guerlain has got your back.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I'm a bronzer junkie, always on the hunt for something that will warm up my pale, pale face and give me a bronzy glow! Anyways- I originally wanted to get the 4 seasons one(next on my wishlist!) but ended up with the terracota one #3 ( it was the only one available in my local counter )
It CAN lean slightly orange-y, but it works beautifully to warm up your complexion. Blends like a dream so you won't get those weird lines or bronze patches! (Phew) and the compact just feels sooo luxurious!
Will never use this to contour tho, too warm. The way I use this product in my daily routine:
Stilla 10in1 bronzing bb (primer), foundation, benefit bahama mama to contour (or sometimes LA girl pro concealer), guerlain terracota (on top of the contour, tip of my nose, forehead) then the balm hot mama to top it all off! And voila! Beautiful bronzed skin for NC30-35 skin. In my opinion, if you're lighter- it might lean a lil too orange or dark for you.

Is it my FAVORITE bronzer in the whole wide world? It's so hard to choose cause dift bronzers have dift uses and purposes! But for me, the one bronzer that works as a contour and a bronzer to warm up complexion has to be NARS laguna! It's not too taupe, not too ashy, not too dark and not too warm or orange. It can work as both contour and bronzer, so if you want value for your $$$ or new to bronzing- the NARS one is worth checking out!
But this is sooo recomended and will repurchase forever <3

I have this in shade 01.

Aaaand it's orange. I can manage to make it work though. It's very pigmented, but the powder is extremely fine. I don't need to blend it, just because of how fine the powder is. I don't use this often, usually only in the summer. When I do, I only put in on my temples, cheekbones, and as jaw contouring. I only use a small amount because my skin is pale and this is very pigmented. If I apply too much, it looks orange.

The amazing part - it's waterproof. I can put this on and have a shower and it's still there. The flipside of that is that like most Guerlain products, it is difficult to remove.

The price works out. I have had this bronzer for four years. It lasts a long time.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I couldn't for some reason get the price lipsticks to work, anywho, I just want to add in writing that this bronzer is VERY expensive ($55)...however, I highly recommend and love it. Especially for you girls out there who are chocolate and brown-skinned, Guerlain I think is one of the few brands that carry bronzers we can use. In that regard (and those discussed below) I think it's worth it. I'm sure MAC and probs Bobbi Brown does, but when I came across this guerlain one it reminded me of one my mom used to use a long time ago and therefore had to have it. Tne packaging is very pretty and very luxe, even though it's reminiscent of both the body shop and physician's formula packages. The bronzer gives lovely color and it is HIGHLY pigmented which is great considering how pricey it is; so use sparingly. The one thing that might be a turn off for some is the fragrant powder that is this powder...and it's a very mature scent that takes some getting used to...once you do, you may either dislike it, or find it lovely like I do.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

FINALLY, bronzers for all of the dark skinned crowd. I was way late to the Guerlain game and really regret trying all the other bronzers I have. After failing miserably in trying to find a contour powder as an NW40 woman, I decided to splurge on a Guerlain Terracotta bronzer. Standard compact packaging, kind of a tortoiseshell effect. I wear shade 07 on my cheeks and it makes my face look sculpted and sexy without any shimmer or glitter. I only need to run my brush across the product one time per cheek because it is so ridiculously pigmented. I am hoping that this pricey product will have that NARS blush quality where you have one for years because it is so packed with pigment that you only need a little at a time. Normally, I would not drop $50 on a bronzer, but until I find one that flatters my skintone this well, I will probably repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am bronzer-phobic but this is beautiful. I only have two bronzers, a GA and a Chanel, and I wear them rarely because I can never quite get the trick of it. I do the light-dusting-across-the-places-where-sun-would-hit-your-skin technique because contouring with a bronzer seems less foolproof and I prefer a very natural look as far as my skin goes. So I'm definitely not a bronzer expert by any means. I do love this though and I think it's the most flattering bronzer I've ever found for my extremely pale skin. I'm the palest shade in most foundation lines, about an NC5 or NC10 at a guess, and I bought this in 00.

It feels soft and blends really easily, doesn't ever looks streaky or patchy. It melds with my skin attractively as well without looking powdery or dry. I have normal, occasionally tight feeling skin depending on allergies and weather, and this doesn't make my skin feel dried out as some powders do. No sensitivity either despite the fragrance, which is ok but smells a little old fashioned to me in the way some other Guerlain powder products do not.

The color is very natural, doesn't veer orange or clash with my cool toned skin. I always dread looking strange with bronzer, like anyone can tell I'm not actually sunkissed. But this just adds the perfect amount of something that makes me look healthier. Ever since I bought this I've been using a few quick swipes of this with some mascara and gloss and I feel like I look more awake. It's just so easy and effortless. Lovely quality. My new must have.

Probably the most expensive product I have in my makeup bag, but it's worth it! Since I have very fair skin naturally I've always had problems with finding the perfect bronzer that does not overdo it. This bronzer is therefor perfect for me, it looks naturally on me, and it's easy to apply. Well spent money and I will definitely buy it again!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

With my caramel complexion I have been searching for years for a bronzer without shimmer. I love that I can use this a bronzer, contour my cheekbones/jaw. or dust lightly for a great color.

I also love the smell. I use a number 7, which is too dark in winter for a allover powder but works well in summer.

I had long envied the celebrity summer looks with shimmery eyes and bronzed skin. Alas my skin has only three shades, white, pink and freckled. A summer tan was never to be mine by natural means. I've also long stayed away from purchasing a bronzer because I was convinced it would look like shiny dirt on my skin. I could not imagine ever finding a bronzer that would look good on me. For reference I wear #02 I'm Guerlains foundations. When at last I discovered that my beloved makeup brand was supposed to the best for bronzers I went for broke.

After reading that Natalia Vodianova wore my foundation colour and that they used #01 in bronzer for her, I bought it sight unseen. I purchased the permanent product line Terracotta Bronzer in moisturizing and long lasting formula.

The compact is quite small for a bronzer, it's very slim an made in artificial tortoiseshell with Terracotta embossed within the laminate. It's the prettiest and classiest compact I've seen for a while. It's also slim lime and small making a perfect handbag throw in. Top marks for packaging. The powder itself is a rich caramel colour that appears completely matte, both within the compact and on the skin. Not a hint of shimmer, and it even lacks the glow of my Guerlain finishing powder. If you want a bronzer with shimmer youmcould try and get your hands on this seasons LE, Radiant Sublime powder or just layer some meteorites over the top.

This powder is my ode to summer this year. So I use it as a contourer on my face, touching it to my cheeks, temples and the sides of my neck. The colour, while appearing scarily reddish brown in the compact is sheer and a very good colour for my skin tone. I have yellow undertones so the 01 colour is great. With a light application I look a little sun kissed, a heavier hand and I'm tanned. My skin developed some pigmentation this year which was a bit unwanted. But a touch of this bronzer helps to blend it in and make it less obvious.

For a great look I used Nars Comstantinople cream blush on the apples of my cheeks to give the tan a bit of warmth. The deep red of this blush mimics my natural blush well and layered over the bronzer brings a healthy glow to my face.

Overall I'm extremely happy with this purchase. It wasn't all just hype Guerlain bronzers are fantastic if you are looking for a very natural result. Well worth the $60 price tag. I'm glad I tried a famed product and even gladder it lived up to it's reputation.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I needed some new bronzer and so tried this, based on reviews. It works fine, but not worth the cost, in my opinion. I am going to stick with my BeneFit Dallas, for about half the cost.