GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm reviewing #07. This is one of the priciest products I own, but the truth is: If you are dark-skinned (I'm NC42-NC44) and live in Scandinavia, you have to shell out if you want a matte bronzer for contouring, there's no other brand that make bronzers this dark. This powder does have a slight skin-like glow that the eye will read as skin, not as makeup. It's pigmented, easy to blend and does not break me out. The color is great, it -could- be a tiny bit less red (I have almost no red tones in my skin, I am very yellow, so this might not be true to everyone).

WARNING: Heavily scented. Does not bother me.

I found the packaging pretty, but fragile. Mine broke and I had to fix it with tape.
I've hit pan after 16 months of daily to weekly use. I am satisfied and will repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the first bronzer I have ever bought. I tried a few at the make-up counter, still unsure as to whether there was any point - bronzers are a product I didn't understand, particularly for deeper skin tones. I am a MAC NW45 and Illamasqua SB17, and this bronzer in 08 is red based, the colour I go during the summer when it's hot. This is FANTASTIC, I can't believe how I ever lived with it before! We are now pretty well in the depths of winter, and yet when I wear this, I look as though I have spent a couple of weeks' holiday in the Caribbean. It is not cheap - I paid £34 at my local House of Fraser - but I would still recommend it. It applies easily, is moisturising, and will last for a very long time. I wore it recently with no blush, and it looked as if I had amazing skin. I will DEFINITELY repurchase.

Thank you, thank you, Guerlain - you make my favourite perfume (L'Heure Bleue), and I shall definitely investigate more of your products.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm finishing my first Terracotta Bronzing and Moisturising Powder 01 and about to buy another one after a year of daily use. It is not orange on fair skin, it stays remarkably well (no need to reapply throughout the day), it has no glitter which, to me, is an advantage (more tasteful so to speak). The disadvantage is the box which broke after half a year so the upper cap doesn't close and I can't carry it in my bag. Otherwise the product fully proves to be worth the legend.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had the #01 put on me by a guerlain MA ..and it looked beautiful! She did explain to me tho that the odd numered ones have yellow undertones(1,3,5)..and the even ones have red undertones(0, 2, 4...)..so maybe that's the reason alot of you are looking orangy..hope this is helpful.. It was for me..

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this on a whim in 02 because I couldn't find Laura Mercier in Switzerland. It is a bit too dark for a pasty girl like me to just throw on, but if you get the technique it will do. If you are super white and just want a little "glow", tap your skunk or fan brush on a kleenex before putting this on. I will buy this again as most of my HG bronzers are LE or DC, but day-to-day application is too much drama.

I cannot stress enough that if you are pale, you need to blot your brush on a kleenex first, you only need a smidge of product. For me this is too complicated and so this has gone to a BFFs makeup case. However, if I was NC25-NC30 I would use this over and over again without question.

Update April 2012: Now that they have reformulated the colors, the 01 (not to be confused with 01 blondes) is a perfect match for me. I LOVE the texture and the ease of use- it is the first bronzer I can use a regular bronzer brush on without blotting or tapping, I just swipe and go. If you swore off Guerlain a few years ago because you were pale and felt like an oompa loompa, run do not walk to 01.

I still don't like the packaging which I find cheap for such a HE brand, especially compared to the 4 Seasons packaging which is much more in keeping with the line. If they could put the regular terracotta in the 4 Seasons packaging, this would be the perfect product for me.