GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.3

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can’t believe I have never tried this before until now, but then again I never bought a bronzer until last year. I didn’t know they came in shades and there are options for fair skinned people. This bronzer is available in 10 shades, the biggest shade range offered. Kudos to Guerlain!
I played it safe by getting shade 00 clair blondes, which has a slight pink undertone. I believe Guerlain is assuming blondes are cool toned and brunettes are warm because the brunette shades are yellow, good to know if you don’t want any pink. And I mean pink, not orange, like there’s a touch of blusher built in. My skin looks slightly pink when I’ve been in the sun, so it makes sense.
I do the recommended Guerlain “3” placement technique and I absolutely love the slightly bronzed glow it gives me, it looks very natural and impossible to tell I have it on. It has the ever so slightest touch of shimmer in it, I have to hold the compact up in the light and move it around to see it and it definitely doesn’t show on the skin. Definitely not drying as well, my skin is dry so I appreciate this.
After all, Guerlain wants us to look like we spend time at some exotic or otherwise chic foreign location where you would be an idiot to be inside away from the sun. And feel like it too, after we pay, this is the most I’ve spent ever for a single pan of product. Sure, there might be other bronzers out there just as good and cheaper, but the tortoise shell colored compact is glamorously petite for its contents, no oversized or excessive packaging here, yet the pan is large enough to accommodate a large fluffy brush with ease. It is fragranced, so sensitive skins may want to pass or use with caution. I personally think it smells luxuriously delicious and perhaps my olfactory transport to the above mentioned location is due to a carefully and well curated fragrance.
I am absolutely in love with this and already have a second in my stash before I even barely broke the surface on the first.

The best bronzer, this is all I need to be ready to go out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I managed to find this in shade 04 at my local Winners (Canadian TJMaxx) so I only paid $30CAD for it, making it an absolute steal. It's a gorgeous gorgeous bronzer. A little bit too dark (NC20-25) but it blends out so perfectly and ends up looking so natural, it's like magic. It's never streaky, never patchy, and never hard to blend. If it does look a little too much, I can go over it with a large, clean fluffy brush and buff it out gently. Lasts alllll day with that beautiful effect and doesn't oxidize darker.

Is it a pretty bronzer? Yes. Is it worth $60? Not really. That's the bottom line for me. I'm too young to remember what it was like when these were first released but from what I understand it was pretty revolutionary in the beauty world. Makeup has significantly advanced since then and I just don't think you need to spend THIS much money to get a decent bronzer. There are other great options out there for a less cringe worthy price tag i.e Bobbi Brown, Nars, Too Faced.

I have this in shade 01.

Aaaand it's orange. I can manage to make it work though. It's very pigmented, but the powder is extremely fine. I don't need to blend it, just because of how fine the powder is. I don't use this often, usually only in the summer. When I do, I only put in on my temples, cheekbones, and as jaw contouring. I only use a small amount because my skin is pale and this is very pigmented. If I apply too much, it looks orange.

The amazing part - it's waterproof. I can put this on and have a shower and it's still there. The flipside of that is that like most Guerlain products, it is difficult to remove.

The price works out. I have had this bronzer for four years. It lasts a long time.

Perfect bronzer for those who are very fair-skinned (EDIT: I have no. 00). Gives the skin a sublte boost, no shimmer, looks very natural. It is expensive, but absolutely worth it. The only thing I am disappointed about is the quality of the packaging: the hinge broke just from carrying the compact in my purse: a shame really. Other than that: this bronzer is my musthave: if I could only choose one makeup product, it would be this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this in 02 which I think is natural blonde. It's just beautiful and so easy to apply. It's not cheap but it's worth every penny in my opinion . It's very natural looking and can be built up for a more intense look. Doesn't look muddy or too orange for my fair skin . I love it, perfect for blonde ladies :-).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am bronzer-phobic but this is beautiful. I only have two bronzers, a GA and a Chanel, and I wear them rarely because I can never quite get the trick of it. I do the light-dusting-across-the-places-where-sun-would-hit-your-skin technique because contouring with a bronzer seems less foolproof and I prefer a very natural look as far as my skin goes. So I'm definitely not a bronzer expert by any means. I do love this though and I think it's the most flattering bronzer I've ever found for my extremely pale skin. I'm the palest shade in most foundation lines, about an NC5 or NC10 at a guess, and I bought this in 00.

It feels soft and blends really easily, doesn't ever looks streaky or patchy. It melds with my skin attractively as well without looking powdery or dry. I have normal, occasionally tight feeling skin depending on allergies and weather, and this doesn't make my skin feel dried out as some powders do. No sensitivity either despite the fragrance, which is ok but smells a little old fashioned to me in the way some other Guerlain powder products do not.

The color is very natural, doesn't veer orange or clash with my cool toned skin. I always dread looking strange with bronzer, like anyone can tell I'm not actually sunkissed. But this just adds the perfect amount of something that makes me look healthier. Ever since I bought this I've been using a few quick swipes of this with some mascara and gloss and I feel like I look more awake. It's just so easy and effortless. Lovely quality. My new must have.

I absolutely adore this bronzer! I completely agree with the marketing that this powder is very hydrating and not drying, like some other silica based powders. I am shade 1 as I have very fair skin and this beautiful powder applies so well with my Guerlain kabuki that I really look like I have a real sunkissed tan. I do apply this in the contour areas with an angled contour brush that makes me look so naturally angular I just love it. Watch out Guerlain, I have been testing out the Chanel Les Beiges in shade 30 and have been having very good results; however, the Guerlain makes me look like I've been tanning in the hamptons all summer. Sheer vs full coverage hmmmm..... I guess it's just because I've been using the Guerlain for so long and I love that some things never change. BUT! I have had 8 of these and 3 of them have broken hinges from light use, which really makes me upset because I love them mirror and the design of the packaging grr.. Overall, this is a glowing natural powder that gives me a great belle mine!

This is my holy grail bronzer. I've tried Nars Laguna and still prefer this one. I know some people say that this leaves their skin pinker in tone than laguna (my sister had this issue, but she is more thanned naturally than me). However, I have really fair skin and find that this gives me a really believable bronzed look.

I have been using it for aroun 6 or 7 years. In that time I've never had any complaints or desire to change, other than when I was tempted by the Laguna hype, but didn't switch.
I use this over my loose foundation setting powder, and find that it goes on really well on top of that. I then apply a small amount of blush afterwards.

No issues with the packaging, I think it looks really nice, and I never have issues with the powder smashing or crumbling, except when I literally have almost scraped it dry maybe a few crumbles at that point.

The price is high but I'm happy to pay it because as someone who is very fair a good, natural bronzer is super important to me.
I have no hesitation in recommending you try this, and I hope you like it as much as me.