GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

4.3

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can’t believe I have never tried this before until now, but then again I never bought a bronzer until last year. I didn’t know they came in shades and there are options for fair skinned people. This bronzer is available in 10 shades, the biggest shade range offered. Kudos to Guerlain!
I played it safe by getting shade 00 clair blondes, which has a slight pink undertone. I believe Guerlain is assuming blondes are cool toned and brunettes are warm because the brunette shades are yellow, good to know if you don’t want any pink. And I mean pink, not orange, like there’s a touch of blusher built in. My skin looks slightly pink when I’ve been in the sun, so it makes sense.
I do the recommended Guerlain “3” placement technique and I absolutely love the slightly bronzed glow it gives me, it looks very natural and impossible to tell I have it on. It has the ever so slightest touch of shimmer in it, I have to hold the compact up in the light and move it around to see it and it definitely doesn’t show on the skin. Definitely not drying as well, my skin is dry so I appreciate this.
After all, Guerlain wants us to look like we spend time at some exotic or otherwise chic foreign location where you would be an idiot to be inside away from the sun. And feel like it too, after we pay, this is the most I’ve spent ever for a single pan of product. Sure, there might be other bronzers out there just as good and cheaper, but the tortoise shell colored compact is glamorously petite for its contents, no oversized or excessive packaging here, yet the pan is large enough to accommodate a large fluffy brush with ease. It is fragranced, so sensitive skins may want to pass or use with caution. I personally think it smells luxuriously delicious and perhaps my olfactory transport to the above mentioned location is due to a carefully and well curated fragrance.
I am absolutely in love with this and already have a second in my stash before I even barely broke the surface on the first.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Guerlain was the first cosmetic company to create bronzing powder in 1984, and they still have the best bronzers on the market in my opinion! They have a variety of choices, and the shades never look orange or unnatural. The best selection of bronzer shades on the market as well. Yes, they are expensive, but worth it to me. You can build up the intensity. This specific bronzer is their original, no frills bronzer that leaves a natural matte finish. A little goes a long way, it will last me a year since I need to use so little of the product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my favourite bronzing powder, it looks so natural and I only need to use a tiny amount for it to last all day. I use it daily to contour just my nose, whole face contour on nights out and special occasions such as weddings etc and it looks stunning without being too shimmery/fake.
This is my staple and has lasted me years, even though the compact hinge broke shortly after buying but I can still close it and the powder doesn't leak at all.

The best bronzer, this is all I need to be ready to go out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I managed to find this in shade 04 at my local Winners (Canadian TJMaxx) so I only paid $30CAD for it, making it an absolute steal. It's a gorgeous gorgeous bronzer. A little bit too dark (NC20-25) but it blends out so perfectly and ends up looking so natural, it's like magic. It's never streaky, never patchy, and never hard to blend. If it does look a little too much, I can go over it with a large, clean fluffy brush and buff it out gently. Lasts alllll day with that beautiful effect and doesn't oxidize darker.

This is a must-have for any woman I think. The colours are different depths of dark and medium so do try them on properly but once you get your colour you will never use another bronzer. It provides warmth and depth to the face and it blends very well, softening the makeup underneath. Overall, amazing product to pair with your red lips.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Great colors for medium complexion women of color. #07 and #08 are the two darkest colors but word to the wise, they have very different undertones and depth, so if you're brown skin I suggest going in to the store to try them on. I actually found that #08 was actually a little lighter and more neutral than #07, which was warmer and darker. Kinda counter intuitive.
I have #08 and I love it. It isn't orangey but still gives warmth to my complexion. It doesn't break me out and blends lovely as well. It is not chalky at all, doesn't catch dry skin or highlight pores or texture. I find it fairly hydrating. It does have an older lady fragrance... maybe lilac but it's not overwhelming. My only complaint is the packaging, the hinge on the compact is weak and will inevitably break, exposing your product to air and gouges. That is very annoying.
I would also love to buy 07 as well but at $60 a pop it hasn't exactly happened.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It is "the" bronzer. A classic. Never broke me out. Perfect shade (3). When I'm not in the mood to put any makeup on, I just put this on. It makes my face look lively, racist and fresh. I will always repurchase as long as Guerlain makes it. Just make sure you buy the Brush guerlain makes for putting bronzer on. I think it makes the difference as much as the bronzer itself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Gorgeous bronzer. I have tons of bronzers but I always feel like I don't have that st tropez sexy tan. I am an NC45 in MAC for reference. I bought this in #7. I do love it but I didn't love the price. Until I find something better I will repurchase.
I took of 2 lippies for price and cheap packaging.

In love with this product. It's the perfect bronzer: not too dark, stays put for several hours, not an obnoxious level of shimmer. I do prefer a completely matte bronzer for daytime (Bobbi Brown), but this is my go-to nighttime bronzer. Only downfall is the packaging. Compact hinge broke after about a month of use, now the clasp digs into the bronzer when it's just simply "stacked" on top and makes a mess in my makeup bag. Hard to transport when broken, but I still make it work because I love the product.