GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

4.3

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had the #01 put on me by a guerlain MA ..and it looked beautiful! She did explain to me tho that the odd numered ones have yellow undertones(1,3,5)..and the even ones have red undertones(0, 2, 4...)..so maybe that's the reason alot of you are looking orangy..hope this is helpful.. It was for me..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Guerlain Terracotta is the original bronzer -- and it's simply the best. I have tried several others out of curiosity (Bobbi Brown, Stila, L'Oreal, Estee Lauder, NARS) but none have ever topped the performance of this classic. Expensive, but one compact will last you years!

Shades/Tones:

For blondes, three pink-toned (red) shades: 00/02/04
For brunettes, four golden-toned shades: 01/03/05/07
For ethnic skin, one copper-toned shade: 08

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Well, I have had the Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzing Powder Long Lasting in No. 2 forever. I hardly ever used it till this week, and I've been using it for two days. The first time I wore it, I looked tan and healthy. The second day I wore it, today, I used a very light selftanner first (Chanel Golden), then moisturizier then the bronzer all over with a big powder brush. Used Chanel 4 Fleurs de Chanel for the eyes, no blush! and a very light lipstick. I went to the Therry Mugler counter to check on a perfume price when the girl behind the counter who has seen me before asked whether I highlighted my hair or what I did. She said I looked fantastic. I said I did nothing but used Guerlain's bronzer and after I wandered off to the Chanel counter, she came up to me and asked me to show her what I used because she wants the look. Let me just say that she is about 20 years younger than me and gorgeous to begin with. She needs no makeup. I told her it was Guerlain and the Chanel girl wasn't happy with me but hey, it's the truth. I also got a guy speaking with an amazing English accent run up to me and give me his card telling me to call him, and another GORGEOUS guy, I mean full full head of salt and pepper hair, stunning smile, fabulous suit, come up to me, ask me what I do, then asked for my phone number. YOWZA. This is a HIT! I wish I had been wearing this all along - maybe I would be married by now!

I had long envied the celebrity summer looks with shimmery eyes and bronzed skin. Alas my skin has only three shades, white, pink and freckled. A summer tan was never to be mine by natural means. I've also long stayed away from purchasing a bronzer because I was convinced it would look like shiny dirt on my skin. I could not imagine ever finding a bronzer that would look good on me. For reference I wear #02 I'm Guerlains foundations. When at last I discovered that my beloved makeup brand was supposed to the best for bronzers I went for broke.

After reading that Natalia Vodianova wore my foundation colour and that they used #01 in bronzer for her, I bought it sight unseen. I purchased the permanent product line Terracotta Bronzer in moisturizing and long lasting formula.

The compact is quite small for a bronzer, it's very slim an made in artificial tortoiseshell with Terracotta embossed within the laminate. It's the prettiest and classiest compact I've seen for a while. It's also slim lime and small making a perfect handbag throw in. Top marks for packaging. The powder itself is a rich caramel colour that appears completely matte, both within the compact and on the skin. Not a hint of shimmer, and it even lacks the glow of my Guerlain finishing powder. If you want a bronzer with shimmer youmcould try and get your hands on this seasons LE, Radiant Sublime powder or just layer some meteorites over the top.

This powder is my ode to summer this year. So I use it as a contourer on my face, touching it to my cheeks, temples and the sides of my neck. The colour, while appearing scarily reddish brown in the compact is sheer and a very good colour for my skin tone. I have yellow undertones so the 01 colour is great. With a light application I look a little sun kissed, a heavier hand and I'm tanned. My skin developed some pigmentation this year which was a bit unwanted. But a touch of this bronzer helps to blend it in and make it less obvious.

For a great look I used Nars Comstantinople cream blush on the apples of my cheeks to give the tan a bit of warmth. The deep red of this blush mimics my natural blush well and layered over the bronzer brings a healthy glow to my face.

Overall I'm extremely happy with this purchase. It wasn't all just hype Guerlain bronzers are fantastic if you are looking for a very natural result. Well worth the $60 price tag. I'm glad I tried a famed product and even gladder it lived up to it's reputation.

I know that this is a bronzer, but I was looking around for a face powder that would give me a nice coverage and not break me out, and I ended up getting this is #5 as an all over face powder. I'm tired of MAC, MUFE, NARS and other brands breaking my face out, so I figured I would give this a shot, and I'm glad that I did. This bronzer gives me a nice glow and on top of my concealer, it's the perfect coverage. I've gotten so many compliments on how nice and glowy my skin is when I wear this. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to try something different as a face powder. I also tried #7, but it was too dark...Mac nc50/nw45..Bobbi Brown Almond 7 for reference. It is expensive, but it's worth it.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm reviewing #07. This is one of the priciest products I own, but the truth is: If you are dark-skinned (I'm NC42-NC44) and live in Scandinavia, you have to shell out if you want a matte bronzer for contouring, there's no other brand that make bronzers this dark. This powder does have a slight skin-like glow that the eye will read as skin, not as makeup. It's pigmented, easy to blend and does not break me out. The color is great, it -could- be a tiny bit less red (I have almost no red tones in my skin, I am very yellow, so this might not be true to everyone).

WARNING: Heavily scented. Does not bother me.

I found the packaging pretty, but fragile. Mine broke and I had to fix it with tape.
I've hit pan after 16 months of daily to weekly use. I am satisfied and will repurchase.

Perfection! When it comes to Guerlain,they do pretty much everything very well.Bronzing and highlighting is the brand's signature and this products also does not disappoint but performs beyond dreams.

I don't really like the concept of bronzers.To me,they never look great or natural.I am a NC15,living in a warm city.My skin gets tanned easily,while I use high SPF on my face,I can't say that I am that careful for the rest of my body which leaves me with a bronze body and a white face during summer.
The bronzers I have are the ones that can mostly used as blush or contouring color so this is my first real bronzer.I was thinking that I would use this as a "no blush" blush but this baby turned me,the bronzer virgin,into a bronze goddess.My review is for the shade 00:

Guerlain offers a wide shade selection.The 00 is for the cool undertones If you find bronzers have a tendency of turning orange on you,you probably need a bronzer with a decent shade formulation,such as this one.The 00 leaves a soft sun kissed color on my face.It is not orange,gray,muddy and nowhere near looking unnatural.It is not very intense,which doesn't mean that it is not pigmented.The sheer veil of color looks totally gorgeous and real.

The texture is perfect like all the other Guerlain powder products I have come across,truly soft,buttery and knowhere near powdery.The product has micro shimmer but it doesn't really transfer shimmery on the face.It is more like glowy.The soft powder blends like a dream,doesn't look patchy like some extra pigmented Nars-Mac blushes and it does not emphasize imperfections(pores-dry patches) but hides them.With the perfect formula,it does not sit on your skin like patchy powder.A good product melts into your skin as if it is your own coloring and this is exactly what this bronzer does.

On my oily skin it lasts really long.I wear make up for long hours and pretty much all of my work remains until I take it off.The fading process of Guerlain products impress me.When they wear off,they don't turn out to be patchy.It is more like the color on your face fades all together level by level so after 8-9 long hours,the color looks less intense but still well applied.

Unlike many other Guerlain products,this one is not heavily fragranced.It definetely has a smell-quite floral that is,but I don't really smell it during the application or on my face.
I really like the packacing and the fact that it does not come with a useless but huge brush.The compact is a beautiful art deco piece,it feels classic and nostalgic,and of course elegant.I wish it was a little heavier though.

The bronzing technic is growing on me.Terracotta looked so beautiful on my cheeks that it encoureged me to use it on the rest of my face.So far,I surprised how great it actually turned out even with my inexperienced application.I got compliments on how alive my skin was looking from people that really don't like make up so I am totally convinced that it's effect is beyond real

Of course,this is an expensive invesment.But it is Guerlain,a brand that represents luxury,so I don't find it necessary to take points down.I personally think that it is worth it.The terracottas were first launched by Guerlain and they seem that they know what they are doing.I prefer having a real Terracotta over 2 Nars/Mac bronzers or any other(Dior,Chanel or drugstore).Last word: Perfect!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Gorgeous bronzer. I have tons of bronzers but I always feel like I don't have that st tropez sexy tan. I am an NC45 in MAC for reference. I bought this in #7. I do love it but I didn't love the price. Until I find something better I will repurchase.
I took of 2 lippies for price and cheap packaging.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best bronzer for me... I'll explain why... I was using Nars Laguna and tarte park avenue princess and they were very BROWN. Problem there is that I'm a cool light skin w very pink undertones and I don't get brown. So I was researching terracotta since it seemed like the gold standard in bronzers, and I now see why. Shades 00 & 02, which I both have, are very subtle and pinky. Well 00 is subtle 02 packs a punch. I don't have to use blush w 02. These colors look like MY skin if I had some color. 00 for winter, 02 for summer. I hear 04 is also pink based for light ish skins but I wouldn't try it as 02 is plenty dark. I have seen a chart online that explains this. 01,03, etc are supposedly more 'warm'. Cheers Guerlain!!! Can you do no wrong???

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So, I'm not a bronzer virgin. I've been around the block and in and out of love with several. It doesn't make me a bronzer-whore, though, when you consider that different companies mean different things when they make bronzer. Some mean "glitter fest", others think it's stage makeup for your role as "annoying orange". Guerlain has it down, though, and that is why I am stopping to write this review.

Seriously, I own nothing else Guerlain-- and had never even given their line a look-see, until another MUAer and real-life friend (mrsrayhall, woot woot) told me she'd bought shade 8 and was happy. I went straight to Sephora and purchased 7. It is perfect. Gives a glowy, healthy look that is not disco-ball like. I like NARS casino, but in some way it seems not pigmented enough. This is perfect. I am using the NARS kabuki ITA brush (39 bucks well spent, but that's an entire other review), and it contours my round little cheeks, so beautifully, I am speechless. One lippie off for price (50 bucks is a LOT to spend on bronzer, even if I am worth it)-- but I think it will last a while because I only need a little. Try it, buy it, thank me later!