GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by age: 44-55

4.6

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can’t believe I have never tried this before until now, but then again I never bought a bronzer until last year. I didn’t know they came in shades and there are options for fair skinned people. This bronzer is available in 10 shades, the biggest shade range offered. Kudos to Guerlain!
I played it safe by getting shade 00 clair blondes, which has a slight pink undertone. I believe Guerlain is assuming blondes are cool toned and brunettes are warm because the brunette shades are yellow, good to know if you don’t want any pink. And I mean pink, not orange, like there’s a touch of blusher built in. My skin looks slightly pink when I’ve been in the sun, so it makes sense.
I do the recommended Guerlain “3” placement technique and I absolutely love the slightly bronzed glow it gives me, it looks very natural and impossible to tell I have it on. It has the ever so slightest touch of shimmer in it, I have to hold the compact up in the light and move it around to see it and it definitely doesn’t show on the skin. Definitely not drying as well, my skin is dry so I appreciate this.
After all, Guerlain wants us to look like we spend time at some exotic or otherwise chic foreign location where you would be an idiot to be inside away from the sun. And feel like it too, after we pay, this is the most I’ve spent ever for a single pan of product. Sure, there might be other bronzers out there just as good and cheaper, but the tortoise shell colored compact is glamorously petite for its contents, no oversized or excessive packaging here, yet the pan is large enough to accommodate a large fluffy brush with ease. It is fragranced, so sensitive skins may want to pass or use with caution. I personally think it smells luxuriously delicious and perhaps my olfactory transport to the above mentioned location is due to a carefully and well curated fragrance.
I am absolutely in love with this and already have a second in my stash before I even barely broke the surface on the first.

The best bronzer, this is all I need to be ready to go out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Gorgeous bronzer. I have tons of bronzers but I always feel like I don't have that st tropez sexy tan. I am an NC45 in MAC for reference. I bought this in #7. I do love it but I didn't love the price. Until I find something better I will repurchase.
I took of 2 lippies for price and cheap packaging.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the first bronzer I have ever bought. I tried a few at the make-up counter, still unsure as to whether there was any point - bronzers are a product I didn't understand, particularly for deeper skin tones. I am a MAC NW45 and Illamasqua SB17, and this bronzer in 08 is red based, the colour I go during the summer when it's hot. This is FANTASTIC, I can't believe how I ever lived with it before! We are now pretty well in the depths of winter, and yet when I wear this, I look as though I have spent a couple of weeks' holiday in the Caribbean. It is not cheap - I paid £34 at my local House of Fraser - but I would still recommend it. It applies easily, is moisturising, and will last for a very long time. I wore it recently with no blush, and it looked as if I had amazing skin. I will DEFINITELY repurchase.

Thank you, thank you, Guerlain - you make my favourite perfume (L'Heure Bleue), and I shall definitely investigate more of your products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Guerlain Terracotta is the original bronzer -- and it's simply the best. I have tried several others out of curiosity (Bobbi Brown, Stila, L'Oreal, Estee Lauder, NARS) but none have ever topped the performance of this classic. Expensive, but one compact will last you years!

Shades/Tones:

For blondes, three pink-toned (red) shades: 00/02/04
For brunettes, four golden-toned shades: 01/03/05/07
For ethnic skin, one copper-toned shade: 08

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love using bronzer as blush, especially on days when I wear a pink shirt. I hate looking *too* pink.... pink cheeks, pink shirt, etc., so that's when I like to reach for my bronzer. I bought this one because I know Guerlain has a good reputation, and it looked matte, and I prefer matte blushes and bronzers. I paid about $50 for this bronzer, and for the price, I find this to be quite disappointing. It does not last all day on me, and it appears more orange on my NW20 skin than bronzers from other brands that I should have just stuck with. I was advised by a Sephora mua to buy the 01 (brunettes), which would seem agreeable since I am a brunette. I guess my biggest complaints are that this product appears too orange on me and is not long-lasting enough, but maybe that's a good thing. :) I will stick with NARS Laguna, Bobbi Brown bronzer in Medium, MAC Golden, or Laura Mercier's Moroccan Bronze or Bronzer powder in Shimmer from now on. Those look far more natural & flattering on my skintone. I will chalk up the purchase of this Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer as a costly error.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Guerlain's Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzer in 20 is THE most wonderful bronzer I've ever tried! I'm a MAC NC27 and was looking for a bronzer that I could also use as a blush, meaning it should have a little more color to it than just bronze (but not orange or red). I also have dry/combination skin so I didn't want a powder that would absorb the little oil I do have in my cheeks! I went straight to Guerlain since they are supposedly the bronzer authority. The Terracotta for blondes was too light and didn't even show on me, while the Terracotta for brunettes was orangey. Then I noticed that there was actually a moisturizing bronzer, and the 20 was just my shade! (similar in color to Bobbi Brown's medium bronzer) It picks up the gold in my eyes and complexion, and is very long lasting.

I have this bronzer in 03. It must be 7 years since i got it. And yes, i have hit pan. But theres still a lot left. I must admit that i dont reach for it every day. It is very easy to apply without overdoing it, and it does`nt look orangey at all. I like it, but i dont think its HG material for me. So i wont repurchase.

This is the best bronzer I've used. Most "muddy" up my skin, making it look dull and dead. This one (#2) is wonderful. When I first saw how orange it looked I thought it wouldn't work, but it makes me look like I have a golden tan if I use a heavier hand and if used lightly, it made my skin look alive and not the least bit orange. It also last forever on my face, doesn't streak... love it.. and it lasts forever.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have the original No2. It's been sitting around collecting dust until this year. I'm usually an outdoors person but recently haven't gotten outside much during the day so my skin is pasty white. A touch of this with a light hand is all you need and voila, instant color!