GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by age: 30-35

4.4

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

I bought this during a sale at around us $30 and there was only a limited selection of shade . The Color was so brown and red that it did not suit me. But what put me off was the scent, very grandmotherly. There is nothing special on the texture of the powder . I used it for es and loved the Color but eventually I gave it away .packaging is nice and hefty and quite Lux but the product is not really that pleasant

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Guerlain was the first cosmetic company to create bronzing powder in 1984, and they still have the best bronzers on the market in my opinion! They have a variety of choices, and the shades never look orange or unnatural. The best selection of bronzer shades on the market as well. Yes, they are expensive, but worth it to me. You can build up the intensity. This specific bronzer is their original, no frills bronzer that leaves a natural matte finish. A little goes a long way, it will last me a year since I need to use so little of the product.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Great colors for medium complexion women of color. #07 and #08 are the two darkest colors but word to the wise, they have very different undertones and depth, so if you're brown skin I suggest going in to the store to try them on. I actually found that #08 was actually a little lighter and more neutral than #07, which was warmer and darker. Kinda counter intuitive.
I have #08 and I love it. It isn't orangey but still gives warmth to my complexion. It doesn't break me out and blends lovely as well. It is not chalky at all, doesn't catch dry skin or highlight pores or texture. I find it fairly hydrating. It does have an older lady fragrance... maybe lilac but it's not overwhelming. My only complaint is the packaging, the hinge on the compact is weak and will inevitably break, exposing your product to air and gouges. That is very annoying.
I would also love to buy 07 as well but at $60 a pop it hasn't exactly happened.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love love love! Gives me a perfect bronzed glow!!! My compact clasp broke after a week though, so it makes it hard to travel with ;(

Perfect bronzer for those who are very fair-skinned (EDIT: I have no. 00). Gives the skin a sublte boost, no shimmer, looks very natural. It is expensive, but absolutely worth it. The only thing I am disappointed about is the quality of the packaging: the hinge broke just from carrying the compact in my purse: a shame really. Other than that: this bronzer is my musthave: if I could only choose one makeup product, it would be this one.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I couldn't for some reason get the price lipsticks to work, anywho, I just want to add in writing that this bronzer is VERY expensive ($55)...however, I highly recommend and love it. Especially for you girls out there who are chocolate and brown-skinned, Guerlain I think is one of the few brands that carry bronzers we can use. In that regard (and those discussed below) I think it's worth it. I'm sure MAC and probs Bobbi Brown does, but when I came across this guerlain one it reminded me of one my mom used to use a long time ago and therefore had to have it. Tne packaging is very pretty and very luxe, even though it's reminiscent of both the body shop and physician's formula packages. The bronzer gives lovely color and it is HIGHLY pigmented which is great considering how pricey it is; so use sparingly. The one thing that might be a turn off for some is the fragrant powder that is this powder...and it's a very mature scent that takes some getting used to...once you do, you may either dislike it, or find it lovely like I do.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Bought this in 03 thinking there is no shade more perfect than this for my face. It was completely ORANGE on me, and I have a light golden complexion. Additionally, my skin was itchy almost immediately upon application and this caused some serious irritation on my skin. I hate how heavily fragranced Guerlain products are, and I will be staying far away from all of them. Two stars for being silky smooth, illuminating, not blotchy, and having really great depth.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am bronzer-phobic but this is beautiful. I only have two bronzers, a GA and a Chanel, and I wear them rarely because I can never quite get the trick of it. I do the light-dusting-across-the-places-where-sun-would-hit-your-skin technique because contouring with a bronzer seems less foolproof and I prefer a very natural look as far as my skin goes. So I'm definitely not a bronzer expert by any means. I do love this though and I think it's the most flattering bronzer I've ever found for my extremely pale skin. I'm the palest shade in most foundation lines, about an NC5 or NC10 at a guess, and I bought this in 00.

It feels soft and blends really easily, doesn't ever looks streaky or patchy. It melds with my skin attractively as well without looking powdery or dry. I have normal, occasionally tight feeling skin depending on allergies and weather, and this doesn't make my skin feel dried out as some powders do. No sensitivity either despite the fragrance, which is ok but smells a little old fashioned to me in the way some other Guerlain powder products do not.

The color is very natural, doesn't veer orange or clash with my cool toned skin. I always dread looking strange with bronzer, like anyone can tell I'm not actually sunkissed. But this just adds the perfect amount of something that makes me look healthier. Ever since I bought this I've been using a few quick swipes of this with some mascara and gloss and I feel like I look more awake. It's just so easy and effortless. Lovely quality. My new must have.

This has got to be the best bronzes on the market. I have tried so many different bronzers and have always made my way back to this one. I purchased a darker shade than recommended and no longer use the sunbed. I have a sun kissed glow all year xx

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best bronzer for me... I'll explain why... I was using Nars Laguna and tarte park avenue princess and they were very BROWN. Problem there is that I'm a cool light skin w very pink undertones and I don't get brown. So I was researching terracotta since it seemed like the gold standard in bronzers, and I now see why. Shades 00 & 02, which I both have, are very subtle and pinky. Well 00 is subtle 02 packs a punch. I don't have to use blush w 02. These colors look like MY skin if I had some color. 00 for winter, 02 for summer. I hear 04 is also pink based for light ish skins but I wouldn't try it as 02 is plenty dark. I have seen a chart online that explains this. 01,03, etc are supposedly more 'warm'. Cheers Guerlain!!! Can you do no wrong???